Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Raeford
Dad walks up to son, hands him a firearm and says to have a nice day.

Repeat as necessary.

How it's been done in my famdamily.

And its perfectly legal....for now.

When the laws become oppressive, the law-abiding will break them.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
firearms purchaser ID card in PA? what is that? no such thing here. you must be in jersey. if so, rotsa ruck. here in PA i have inherited guns, including handguns from granddad and dad. i have also given handguns to my sons. you don't need to do anything else as long as they aren't felons. this explains it pretty well

https://www.pennlago.com/inheriting-firearms-pennsylvania-law/

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WTF
Originally Posted by watch4bear
pennsylvania

Yeah, that says a lot about the reason the OP has questions.

That's stupid. Proves you know little about PA.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Orion2000
I've already started the process. First round + some, already distributed. Remainder have hang tags with names on them. I started a list with names about 10 years ago. But, the inventory was still changing. Ended up just putting hang tags on stuff I am not actively using, or, has already been gifted.

I've done some of the same thing with my firearms and plan on doing some more really soon. It is easy now and might get much harder in the future. Just hand the gun to my son and say "here you go" and watch them smile!

I like the idea of the hang tags and already have a few of my firearms mentally assigned to each son. I need to get busy I guess. This next round is going to be about me clearing up some space in the safe.

I'm not at the point that I want to get down to a shotgun, rimfire rifle, centerfire rifle and a pistol, but I'm going to get closer to that. My collecting over the years has led me down some dead ends and I've still got every dead end....Got to decide which one of my boys gets to enjoy my Remington 742 in 7mm Exp Rem.... grin

Harry
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Raeford
Dad walks up to son, hands him a firearm and says to have a nice day.

Repeat as necessary.

How it's been done in my famdamily.

And its perfectly legal....for now.

When the laws become oppressive, the law-abiding will break them.

Word.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swifty52
According to Pa. regs he can just give them to you. That’s how it is here in Nebraska too.

Next, we examined Pennsylvania law when it comes to the transfer of modern handguns. Typically, sales or transfers of modern handguns between private individuals must take place in “the place of business of a licensed importer, manufacturer, dealer or county sheriff’s office . . . .” 18 Pa.C.S. § 6111. Essentially, these transfers must take place through your Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) or through the Sheriff’s Office. In facilitating the transfer, the FFL or Sheriff will take the same precautions required of a dealer when selling to an individual. So, yes, the person receiving the firearm will submit to a background check (so much for that “gun show loophole”, right?).

This requirement does not apply to transfers between spouses, transfers between a parent and child or to transfers between grandparent and grandchild. Id. Transfers between folks in these relationships can take place without any record required or background check provided that the transferring person does not knowingly transfer the weapon to a prohibited person. Again, this doesn’t necessarily serve as ammunition for the “gun show loophole” folks, because it doesn’t seem to make much sense to meet Grandpa at the gun show to complete a transfer.

Nice of you to post this,
You wasted your time.

I already answered the question as it pertains to the OP in his
home state.

Others will continue to post schitz about THEIR state, or federal law.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
According to Pa. regs he can just give them to you. That’s how it is here in Nebraska too.

Next, we examined Pennsylvania law when it comes to the transfer of modern handguns. Typically, sales or transfers of modern handguns between private individuals must take place in “the place of business of a licensed importer, manufacturer, dealer or county sheriff’s office . . . .” 18 Pa.C.S. § 6111. Essentially, these transfers must take place through your Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) or through the Sheriff’s Office. In facilitating the transfer, the FFL or Sheriff will take the same precautions required of a dealer when selling to an individual. So, yes, the person receiving the firearm will submit to a background check (so much for that “gun show loophole”, right?).

This requirement does not apply to transfers between spouses, transfers between a parent and child or to transfers between grandparent and grandchild. Id. Transfers between folks in these relationships can take place without any record required or background check provided that the transferring person does not knowingly transfer the weapon to a prohibited person. Again, this doesn’t necessarily serve as ammunition for the “gun show loophole” folks, because it doesn’t seem to make much sense to meet Grandpa at the gun show to complete a transfer.

You wasted your time.

home state.

Gotta love the fire, some snowflake always gotta be butt hurt about something. You because I quoted Pennsylvania state regs but live in Nebraska. Did the Gerbil hurt your azz on the way in?

Swifty
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

You wasted your time.

home state.

What is your conniption all about??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s bad now in some states. If we keep electing democrats it’s going to get worse. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Thank you to all who responded. Did some more research and PA and NJ (the states that we both reside in) both have the same policy regarding inheritance (no issues). Seems the easiest way for us.

Alternatively, pre-inheritance I can have them transferred to me one by one by filling out a form for each long gun, and need a pistol permit for each pistol. Would obviously not like that route.

Firearms purchaser ID is a NJ thing, had to apply for it, wait for it, and need to show it when purchasing a firearm here.

Best

IC B3

L
las Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Low profile is good. What they (the state) don't know can't hurt you.

Documentation of transfer for reasons stated by others is good, no matter what.

Pre-death gifts are better than estate taxes.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Rossimp
Over 2000 murders done in Chicago this year with illegally obtained firearms, but these bureaucrat a- holes no matter where are worried about a father and a son and their bond. Agree, so pathetic where we have gone as a country.

2000 murders?
That means recorded dead in the morgues and on police records?
Even 2000 combined killed and wounded ?

Is it really that high?

Not that i give a fugg about chitcago and groids whacking each other.

But that number is a goal to be met in my way of thinking .
Lol!!!

I aint even gonna bother looking it up cause i will be disappointed in it probably being way lower.
One can only have hope.....
LOL!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 10/08/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Swifty, pahntr760,

Read again.
OP ask a question, it was answered pertaining to his situation.
Did you read the posts giving advice on other states and fed law?
Worthless on one hand, could lead to big mistakes on the other.

Swift, you must have mistaken a rat for a gerbil last night.
You are the sore ass.

My post wasn't about someone's residence, it was about their
quoting their state law.

You posted the OP's. The best, most
legitimate post in this thread. IMO.

And I was acknowledging it.

Wow. I compliment someone, they get offended.

I will stop now.
I don't want to offend further.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
“Transfer of firearms between family members are not controlled by the govt in any state that I am aware of”

You have (fortunately IMHO) never been to NewYorkistan!
In all areas except for NYC and possibly Albany, long guns CAN be gifted from parent to child, but handguns require a FFL dealer transfer from handgun licensed parent to handgun licensed child (over 21). It’s a PITA.

Even worse (and bordering on unbelievable), is in NYC, you need a rifle & shotgun card, that lists all of your long guns, and when you buy one, there’s a form that is filled out that goes to the City of NY. For handguns, you have to get permission (a “purchase document” to buy a handgun from a dealer, AND you have to get a “log number” to sell a handgun that you legally own! BS!

More ridiculous NYC bs:

A NYC resident can only buy 1 firearm every 90 days, and the MAXIMUM number of cartridges a resident can possess in their homes for each caliber/cartridge is 200.

I KNOW most of you will say, it’s NY, lost cause, who cares (and I agree), but I mention this in hopes of avoiding the LIEberal proliferation in other States/locales. I left that shiythole years ago, but I fear the cancer (and LiEberalism IS a cancer) will spread Nationally. -TomT

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
You should hear the process I need to go through to get my father's pistols (had to forfeit his pistol permit when he moved from NY to PA) to me in NY. it's a clusterfµck.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Isn't Washington state the one where you literally can't hand someone a firearm to look at or loan them one to use w/o a background check?

LOL
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Serioiusly?

Dad: "son i'd like you to have these guns."

Son: "thank you."

Done.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
In Kentucky you hand the kid the gun and say .."there you go, this was Grandpaw's"

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Dont regester [bleep]

GOD Bless America
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
Gave all mine away about 5 years ago, the guns I use now are barrowed from my kids. when I go toes up all they have to do is come pick them up. they own them. Rio7

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,740 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,856
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.