24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like the SV ammo, so too do my rifles.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

BP-B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
i hunt squirrels a good bit with 22LR, .17mach2, and increasingly with .22mags since hogs have moved into our favorite squirrel areas. Have a bunch of assorted squirrel guns, i like some variety now & then.
most wear midsize glass, 2.5-8's, 3-9's, an occasional 4-12....some of those that get packed around in winter when shots are longer have 4.5-14's, 6-18's, etc. i like bolt guns mostly, but do have a few autoloaders.

assorted kill pix...will see if i still have a bunch more that was on photobucket when it tanked.

anschutz 22LR, from here in the classifieds...2x7 on top, which was later switched to a 3x9EFR

Anschutz 22mag, 2.5-8x:

CZ 452, 3-9x compact with leupold dot reticle:

Kimber 82 Classic Stainless, 4-12x

============================================================

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
CZ used to make a satin nickel finished rifle called a 452style, which they dropped...those have done pretty well for me & i pack them around fairly often:

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
bargain gun....Marlin tube fed 22LR; found it at a gunshow with safety lever broke...as i recall, fellow said since it didnt work right he'd take a hundred bucks for it. 2x7 Nikon on top.
cost about about $10 to order that new safety lever.

couple of kimbers, both in 17mach2

another Kimber Mach2, with one of those Burris German #4 illuminated reticles that Doug had on sale at Camerland a while back.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
just stumbled into this one 2 weeks ago...541T-HB...previous owner had pillar bedded it, full length glass bedded the barrel channel, and reworked the trigger a bit. shot it a week ago when i went down to deer camp to check trail cams. Glass is a Sightron 4.5-14x :

first 5 shot group at 50 yards. with PM subsonic HP's..

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I am a believer in the Tikka T-1X, for an out of the box plug and play squirrel rifle I don't know what would be better in its price range.

Three 10-shot groups shot a 50 yards with my Tikka T-1X 22 LR, ammo used was CCI Std Vel. Rifle is unmodified except for adjusting trigger to 1-1/2 lb pull.

The targets were shot using wind flags, the left and center targets were shot during a light left running wind of about 2 to 4 mph, the right-hand group was shot during a calm.

The large dark lines are one-inch apart and lighter colored lines are 1/4" apart.
All three groups measure right at 1/2" inch center to center - it would have been nice if I had not dropped one a bit low on the left-hand target but I am still happy with the results.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by drover
I am a believer in the Tikka T-1X, for an out of the box plug and play squirrel rifle I don't know what would be better in its price range.

Three 10-shot groups shot a 50 yards with my Tikka T-1X 22 LR, ammo used was CCI Std Vel. Rifle is unmodified except for adjusting trigger to 1-1/2 lb pull.

The targets were shot using wind flags, the left and center targets were shot during a light left running wind of about 2 to 4 mph, the right-hand group was shot during a calm.

The large dark lines are one-inch apart and lighter colored lines are 1/4" apart.
All three groups measure right at 1/2" inch center to center - it would have been nice if I had not dropped one a bit low on the left-hand target but I am still happy with the results.

Huge fan of Tikka rifles. However the looks of that T1x is a major turn off to me for some reason. But with those groups you posted there is no argument on its cpabilities.

Dont eat the big white mint!
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by FyrepowrX
i hunt squirrels a good bit with 22LR, .17mach2, and increasingly with .22mags since hogs have moved into our favorite squirrel areas. Have a bunch of assorted squirrel guns, i like some variety now & then.
most wear midsize glass, 2.5-8's, 3-9's, an occasional 4-12....some of those that get packed around in winter when shots are longer have 4.5-14's, 6-18's, etc. i like bolt guns mostly, but do have a few autoloaders.

assorted kill pix...will see if i still have a bunch more that was on photobucket when it tanked.

anschutz 22LR, from here in the classifieds...2x7 on top, which was later switched to a 3x9EFR

Anschutz 22mag, 2.5-8x:

CZ 452, 3-9x compact with leupold dot reticle:

Kimber 82 Classic Stainless, 4-12x

You have officially became my new hero in the gun world!!!!!!!!!!!! Very nice collection.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by SAKO270WSM

Huge fan of Tikka rifles. However the looks of that T1x is a major turn off to me for some reason. But with those groups you posted there is no argument on its cpabilities.

Actually this is the second T-1 I have owned, I sold the first one because I didn't like the looks of them either but a few months later I was in the store and they were on sale so I bought another one. I am still not fond of the looks but I am learning to love the way it shoots - the only rimfire I have that will outshoot it is my Cooper 57M in 22 LR.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
all them dead squirrels are making me want to get the oil & flour out

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SAKO270WSM

Actually this is the second T-1 I have owned, I sold the first one because I didn't like the looks of them either but a few months later I was in the store and they were on sale so I bought another one. I am still not fond of the looks but I am learning to love the way it shoots - the only rimfire I have that will outshoot it is my Cooper 57M in 22 LR.

drover

A Cooper is on my list to one day have for sure, they are some beautiful rifles for sure. So many I like, I may just have to get one of each lol

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
[/quote]
A Cooper is on my list to one day have for sure, they are some beautiful rifles for sure. So many I like, I may just have to get one of each lol[/quote]

Cooper does slip out some nice looking rifles too...like you said, get some of everything, that way you make sure your bases are covered. Too many is just right.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
[/quote]
A Cooper is on my list to one day have for sure, they are some beautiful rifles for sure. So many I like, I may just have to get one of each lol

Cooper does slip out some nice looking rifles too...like you said, get some of everything, that way you make sure your bases are covered. Too many is just right.

[/quote]
DROOOL! what optics are those?

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Those are some of the older Bausch & Lomb and Bushnell Elites...have used a fair number of those on assorted rimfires ...they can focus up close like the Leupold EFR's, & were made in several models.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Those are some of the older Bausch & Lomb and Bushnell Elites...have used a fair number of those on assorted rimfires ...they can focus up close like the Leupold EFR's, & were made in several models.

I am thinking of going with a 4-12 or 4-14 AO for what ever i pick up next.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
720 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 21, 12308300, 74 invisible), 2,733 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,623
Posts18,398,611
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.