Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I’m not what I once was.

Boy you musta been something else then Buddy!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

BP-B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Punking a group of guys causing trouble at the local watering hole/cafe when everyone in the community thought they were hardasses was fun. Doing it without violence is something I am still proud of.

My buddy owned the place and told me later he was so glad I was the one the leader of the group chose to confront because I was the only person in the room that was coolheaded enough to end the tense and potentially deadly situation without killing anybody. To me, it was simply punking some bullies, with a minimum of fuss. But to have comrades who had known me for years and been through quite a bit with me, be amazed that I could end the confrontation without violence, felt really good. People kept telling me after the fact that they were sure something bad was going to happen and couldn’t believe I made those guys tuck tail and leave without a fight. It still feels good to have shown the whole community that their bogeymen weren’t nearly as hard as anybody, including themselves, thought they were. They were just bullies. And I put a big dent in their bluff without resorting to the violence everyone thought would be the only way to get it done. Given my past methods, that was a huge change for the better, and one I am still proud of.

Other than that, all I’ve done is not bring shame to my family, marry a good woman, and give an honest day’s work for the money I charged, every time. And been loyal to my friends always. I would love to brag about the kids, but while they both got their education and have good jobs, my measure of success is seeing them become good solid people, and be happily married and raising good kids(if that is what they choose), and they are young, so it remains to be seen how that will turn out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I once shot a rooster pheasant with my pecker hanging out.

Hunting partner missed both shots with his double barrel while I was taking a leak. Dropped it at 45 yards with my Winchester 1200.

Not to mention our three successful kids and a slew of grandchildren.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Thanks good folks for the replies. I hope somewhere along the way I have helped steer someone to salvation through Jesus Christ.

Keep posting, great stories all.

That would be mine, with regard to raising my kids that way.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Nothing yet! Running out of time! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I figured out that when someone says "can't " I'm not supposed to ask them to hold my beer.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I try to serve others as my Lord would have me do. Not really an accomplishment, just trying to make a difference for those in need.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yes, I am happy with knowing I am know as an "Honest" man. A hard headed type "A", but if I give my word it is good. Be that good or bad.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A lot of the people in this thread have done a lot with their life. Me on the other hand, I've caught a lot of fish.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Came back in command of an engineer unit In Iraq with vertical and horizontal construction, fire and emergency services, and an explosive ordnance disposal flight in contact with the enemy almost every night (the EOD flight, not me).

Returned to the US with zero Purple Hearts, and lots of combat action badges in my 250+ Person unit.

Returning those folks back to their families safe and whole was and remains the pinnacle of my career.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I ate a can of Playdough once.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Min was being a good son, and a good brother, then a good husband and a good father

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It has to be my marriage. I am truly a blessed man with a very understanding wife. She is truly my very best friend.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
What have you done, or achieved that you think is worthy of a life spent?

Married my bride 36 years ago. She still makes my heart twitterpate.

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I realized a while back I was just gonna work, raise kids, kill some critters, then die.
Nothing amazing is gonna happen.
Nobody is gonna care either.

There is some relaxation in this understanding.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I’m not what I once was.

Boy you musta been something else then Buddy!

I was, I used to goof around, and pick on people, but I’m not interested in that anymore!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I recall a college English professor, assigned a 5 page narrative to our class. Topic similar to this thread: great self accomplishment.

One of a few caveats he issued beforehand- Birth of a child, promotion at work, he listed as off limits topics. He said
"blah blah blah birth of a child nobody gives a shît and I don't want to be bored grading it"

Some fat chicks in there were bummed out.

Still get a chuckle of out that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know if I can call it my greatest, but I've made over 21,000 posts here and never had one poofed or locked.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I guess we all can't be a Jonas Salk, stopping polio was a great thing.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Worked steady for 42 years, starting a a young age, and was able to retire at age 60 because of it.

Really enjoying life in the slow lane now.

Virgil B.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
527 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 50 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,179
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.