Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rem141r
ain't that where that Deliverance thing happened? nice countryside but that hillbilly ass rape thing would take some getting used to.

I believe that was in Georgia

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ain't that where that Deliverance thing happened? nice countryside but that hillbilly ass rape thing would take some getting used to.

Georgia .

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn

Georgia .

Hollywood

E
ewc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Sounds like you're available.....

[bleep] off asswipe.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JMR40
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Ask them about their low state sales tax

And incredibly high sales tax. The state will get their money one way or another.

Living here for a long time I find this very funny.... I moved here from Georgia... where they have a 4% state but each county adds on... Fulton county you are aound 8.9%, Gwinnett county 8.5% and they get a privilege to pay out rageous property and car tax... and do not forget the state income tax... which we do not have here... I have found I pay much lower overall raxes here in TN

Seymour area is very pretty.... FWIW

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
We [bleep] (bang) our female cousins if they are Perty.

Last edited by alwaysoutdoors; 10/07/19.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Get some land and then get it put into the Greenbelt program. It’s not perfect but overall allows the purchase of a lot of things tax free.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sako
Originally Posted by JMR40
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Ask them about their low state sales tax

And incredibly high sales tax. The state will get their money one way or another.

Living here for a long time I find this very funny.... I moved here from Georgia... where they have a 4% state but each county adds on... Fulton county you are aound 8.9%, Gwinnett county 8.5% and they get a privilege to pay out rageous property and car tax... and do not forget the state income tax... which we do not have here... I have found I pay much lower overall raxes here in TN

Seymour area is very pretty.... FWIW

Thanks, Sako. That's what I was thinking and what I have found through what little research I've done personally..

Once you boil it all down, the tax numbers look pretty good overall.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Boyds Creek area is nice. Its grown a lot since I first started delivering out there years ago. You have Seymour close to go grocery shopping at, you can go up 66 into Sevierville if you wanna raise your blood pressure and the gun laws here are about as good as you can get. If they are out near the river, the fishing is half bad either.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
My 100 acres is in Greenbelt, and it does make a huge difference in property taxes. However, for the 80 acres of Lincoln County and the 20 Acres in Giles, the tax bill is almost the same. Here's the difference- - - -Lincoln County has a wheel tax- - - -Giles doesn't. Every time Giles County tries to pass one, the porch apes in public housing vote it down. That puts all the burden of supporting the police, ambulance service, and other county services squarely on the backs of us property owners. I'll gladly pay a little more for license plates, as long as LaQuetha and Tyrone have to shell out the same fees for those blinged-out Escalades with the 24" spinner wheels parked in the projects!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Generally speaking, What can be expected for the cost per sq ft to build?

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Generally speaking, What can be expected for the cost per sq ft to build?

This will be interesting.

Large growth area with Smokey Mtn Gateway 10-15 miles south, a lake and Knoxville 25 miles west.

Lots of retirees moving into the area that includes Boyds Creek, Seymour, Kodak and the lake.

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Cant answer any questions myself.
Transplanted yankee since July of 90.
Not a "real Tennessean".

LOL!!!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Depends on the builder and what all amenities you want. I’m about to build in Maryville area, so I’m in the process of getting that figured out for the house we plan to build. I can definitely tell you what builders not to use and which are good in Seymour. My dad owned a roofing company and is a mason. I worked for 3 years as a trim carpenter while in school.

Property isn’t cheap in that area for East Tennessee. Plus the market in that area is still at peak pricing. ( we literally just closed on our house there September 23). Our house went on the market on a Tuesday at 7 pm. Had 13 showings by Friday evening with 8 offers, got more than asking price. We got way more than we should have for the house!

If he decides to self contract good luck, most subs are backed up and the wait is crazy if your not a contractor that keeps them busy( understandably).

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Kevin, that's great info. Thanks!

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Building costs are all over the map. You will hear many conflicting stories about construction prices and generally it boils down to what type of house you want and with what luxuries. A common way to lower to cost is the builder will lower your allowances for different areas such as floors, cabinets, carpet, etc. Then if you decide you don't like the cheap carpet in the budget it will cost you more. So make sure if you receive different quotes from different builders that you compare the allowances they are offering in the price.

We didn't shop the plans for our house around a lot so we may of overpaid a little. But the contractor we picked had a stellar reputation so we went with the first bid. We didn't mind spending money now because this is our retirement home and we have no plans of moving again. Our finished costs were $128 a square foot for a 2,250 3 bedroom 2 bath ranch home. This included:
Exterior brick and stone
Handmade custom cabinets inside
Walk in tiled master shower and a tub my wife had to have that cost $3,000 lol.
Granite counters in the kitchen, both baths, laundry room sink,
Huge front and back porches, both covered by the roof
$5K for the woodstove and hearth
Solid 36 inch wide oak doors throughout the house.
Built in oven and matching microwave and a top of the line 6 burner gas cook top.
8x8 walk in pantry with wall to wall adjustable shelving on three walls.
Storm doors with removeable screens that are replaced with glass in the cooler months.
Oversized 2 car garage attached to the house, both doors are 10 feet wide and garage is 30 feet deep and 30 feet wide. Ceiling mounted gas heater in the garage as well.
Recessed LED lighting throughout the kitchen and family room areas.
Heat pump furnace but once the temp drops down to about 40F it switches over and uses natural gas for fuel.
Bringing in water, gas, and electric lines 550 feet from the main road. All were buried.

The area we live in property sales seem slow. I have seen the same houses for sale a year later in the rural areas. But then again a house down the road from us was sold in a couple of weeks. It seems like the more land attached to the house the longer it takes to sell. The retirees are a steady flow in. I don't have a clue as to how fast stuff sells inside the town limits.

We built our house in the middle of 42 acres complete with a small lake. I guess when we die our son will have a difficult time selling the place:) But maybe by then he will recognize how nice privacy and being able to shoot a gun off your back porch and deer and turkey hunt within a 100 yard walk is. Plus extra points for being able to a leak anywhere you want smile

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

414 members (10gaugeman, 22kHornet, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 160user, 39 invisible), 1,898 guests, and 1,032 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,390
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.