I decided to buy new snow tires on rims a few days ago. They are for my new vehicle. I wanted to be sure that I had good rubber for an upcoming northern hunting trip.

The place where I ordered the tires had two sales promotions. I used both to save $100 on my order. Great. I paid for the tires with my Visa card (the tire company uses Paypal for this) and the transaction was finished...I thought.

When I looked in my bank accounts this morning, Paypal had attempted to withdraw the money for the tires from one of them, in addition to billing VISA. Hmmm. Those tires didn't seem like much of a deal all of a sudden!

I use a special account for online transactions, so that should anything go wrong, my money is safe. I slide money into it from another account when I purchase things using Interact over the Internets. Thank goodness I set this up. Because the amount was high, $900 CDN, I had insufficient funds in that account, so the withdrawal was denied. But here's the thing: the bank charged me a $45 NSF fee. crazy Paypal should not have attempted to withdraw money from that account, but tried anyway. It was their fault that an NSF charge was levied by the bank!

I spent an hour and a half filing a dispute and shortly thereafter, attempting to talk to a human at Paypal. At first, I kept getting computer voices telling me what was going on with my account, asking about my dispute and asking if I wanted to leave a msg or check on the claim. I just kept saying over and over, "I want to talk to a human. I want to talk to a human."

I finally got one. After she verified that I was me, and saw what happened, she apologized and is sending a letter to instruct the bank that they (Paypal) screwed up and I shouldn't be charged the NSF fee.

Although these things don't happen very often, I still wish for a return to the days when you talked to an actual human when purchasing things.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]