Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's a handsome 10/22, Dan.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If that is an untuned factory barrel, you ought to buy a lottery ticket 'cause it shoots like a CPC tuned rifle.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by jk16
My top pics in that catagory-

Bolts-

CZ 452 American
CZ 457 Americsn
Ruger American TALO edition with WALNUT stock.

Semis-
Ruger 10/22 Sporter Walnut (not birch) . It only comes with sights but a Green Mountain Sporter contour will fix that and also allow it to shoot as well as any gun on tbis thread..:)

Marlin 795 ot M60. For hinting rifles, these are VERY UNDERATED GUNS. Very accurate ,reliable ,trim and light.

That RAR Talo edition is nice, would be alot nicer if it didnt have any sights on it.

Dont eat the big white mint!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
If that is an untuned factory barrel, you ought to buy a lottery ticket 'cause it shoots like a CPC tuned rifle.

Tuned? It ain't a guitar. Just a plain ol' early production Deelux that don't suck.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Do you guys prefer the 22 LE or 22 MAG?

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by SAKO270WSM

.22 Magnums will not shoot with a .22LR for accuracy within 50 yards, and if you DID hit a squirrel, they are very destructive. The past few years, I've been monkeying around with both, a LOT, and for accuracy, I'll grab the .22LR every time. For killing stuff like coons, a Magnum is better, but for tree rats, I'll grab the LR every time, and I have a bunch of them. Get the LR, the ammo is cheaper and easier to find in variety, and you can shoot it a lot in comparison to the Magnums. I have a couple .22 Magnums, and they just can't shoot with the LR. I like them, for other purposes, but not for accuracy.
You asked about the CZ 512s, I have two, one is .22LR, and it's accuracy is something to conjure to. The other is a 512 Magnum, and while it shoots well for a .22 Magnum, it won't hold a candle to the LR version. Nice gun, but it's no target rifle.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

.22 Magnums will not shoot with a .22LR for accuracy within 50 yards, and if you DID hit a squirrel, they are very destructive. The past few years, I've been monkeying around with both, a LOT, and for accuracy, I'll grab the .22LR every time. For killing stuff like coons, a Magnum is better, but for tree rats, I'll grab the LR every time, and I have a bunch of them. Get the LR, the ammo is cheaper and easier to find in variety, and you can shoot it a lot in comparison to the Magnums. I have a couple .22 Magnums, and they just can't shoot with the LR. I like them, for other purposes, but not for accuracy.
You asked about the CZ 512s, I have two, one is .22LR, and it's accuracy is something to conjure to. The other is a 512 Magnum, and while it shoots well for a .22 Magnum, it won't hold a candle to the LR version. Nice gun, but it's no target rifle.

One is a 22 LR one is a 22 Mag, can you guess which one is which?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
There are always exceptions, but how many target (real target models, not something like the RAR "target" model) do you see in .22 WMR? Sure, now and then you'll see a real shooter, but take 10 WMRs versus 10 .22LRs, and tell me which are shooting better?

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
There are always exceptions, but how many target (real target models, not something like the RAR "target" model) do you see in .22 WMR? Sure, now and then you'll see a real shooter, but take 10 WMRs versus 10 .22LRs, and tell me which are shooting better?

well I can agree to that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not all that enthused about the .22 WMR but have kept one, a Win 94/22M only because it shoots well. It will reliably put 3 into 1/4-3/8" at 50. Figured it was worth keeping around.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Not all that enthused about the .22 WMR but have kept one, a Win 94/22M only because it shoots well. It will reliably put 3 into 1/4-3/8" at 50. Figured it was worth keeping around.

I wish I could find one that shoots that well! Mine are lucky to hit 3/4" at 50 yards, and that's a rare occurrence. They're good for killin' stuff, which is fine and dandy, I just wish they shot better regularly. I like 'em, but I'm not a huge fan.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
The second pic of targets is from a SS ruger 77/22 WMR w/3-9X40 vortex crossfire scope at 50 yards with CCI 40 grain FMJ's Its for sure minute of squirrel all day, just need a better trigger.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The second pic of targets is from a SS ruger 77/22 WMR w/3-9X40 vortex crossfire scope at 50 yards with CCI 40 grain FMJ's Its for sure minute of squirrel all day, just need a better trigger.
Who says the .22 magnum isn't accurate ? I have a Marlin 882 that will shoot groups you can cover with a dime at 50 yards all day with a good lot of 40 grain Maxi Mag Hp's. It'll do a smidge better with the 33 gr. Remington v max's and just a smidge worse with the CCI 40 gr. FMJ's. The action is glass bedded, barrel free floated and trigger tuned to a perfectly crisp 2.5 lbs with overtravel stop screw. It has been responsible for the demise of a truck load of squirrels over the years as well as just about everything else that walks, crawls, hops or flies hereabouts.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Who says the .22 magnum isn't accurate ? I have a Marlin 882 that will shoot groups you can cover with a dime at 50 yards all day with a good lot of 40 grain Maxi Mag Hp's. It'll do a smidge better with the 33 gr. Remington v max's and just a smidge worse with the CCI 40 gr. FMJ's. The action is glass bedded, barrel free floated and trigger tuned to a perfectly crisp 2.5 lbs with overtravel stop screw. It has been responsible for the demise of a truck load of squirrels over the years as well as just about everything else that walks, crawls, hops or flies hereabouts.

Only had a hand full of magnums and they all seemed to shoot fine to me.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Here is what I like for hunting limb chickens.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is a RAR I bought back in July. I put a Nikon P3 EFR 3x9 scope on board, and us CCI SV LR ammo.

This one, I've had for 6-7 yrs. and have shot close to 200 squirrels with it. Unfortunately, it's not made anymore. H&R Sportster single shot .22 LR, with a 2x7 Nikon scope on board. I also use CCI SV LR ammo in it.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by maddog
Here is what I like for hunting limb chickens.

This is a RAR I bought back in July. I put a Nikon P3 EFR 3x9 scope on board, and us CCI SV LR ammo.

This one, I've had for 6-7 yrs. and have shot close to 200 squirrels with it. Unfortunately, it's not made anymore. H&R Sportster single shot .22 LR, with a 2x7 Nikon scope on board. I also use CCI SV LR ammo in it.

CCI SV is my squirrel medicine of choice too. never had a problem killin squirrels with it. matter of fact it has killed all sorts of vermin. quiet report, too.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by benchman
572 is cool, but has a crap trigger.

I agree about the trigger but they sure slay squirrels.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Put one of SAS's RAR Mach 2s on layaway. I'll have it in a couple weeks and see how it does. Still have one tag for xbow season, so may be a while until it gets blooded.

What fresh Hell is this?
BMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I highly recommend the Tikka T1x. It has the best trigger of any factory trigger I’ve ever tried, except for maybe my Browning copy of the Winchester 52. This is a 10-shot group of CCI Mini Mag 36 gr HPs at 50 yds. My other .22s shoot this ammo well, too, but not nearly as well. Standard velocity ammo even does better.

[Linked Image from i865.photobucket.com]

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BMR
I highly recommend the Tikka T1x. It has the best trigger of any factory trigger I’ve ever tried, except for maybe my Browning copy of the Winchester 52. This is a 10-shot group of CCI Mini Mag 36 gr HPs at 50 yds. My other .22s shoot this ammo well, too, but not nearly as well. Standard velocity ammo even does better.

[Linked Image from i865.photobucket.com]

Damn!! that is some fine shooting there.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,442 guests, and 810 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,574
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.