Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
...Trump Agreed!

If you want a perfect example of how the ‘orange man…bad’ ethos has infected the minds of the Left, look no further than Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY). In April, she wanted U.S. troops out of Syria. Yet, something odd happened in October, President Trump agreed.

Back in April, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez joined several other lawmakers to blast President Trump for keeping U.S. troops in Syria.

“The 2015 introduction of U.S. military forces into hostilities in Syria was never approved by Congress, in violation of the Constitution and the War Powers Resolution of 1973,” says the letter, signed by a bipartisan group of lawmakers, including Republican Sens. Mike Lee and Rand Paul and freshman Democratic Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar. “We believe that the stated intention of withdrawing our forces is appropriate, and we look forward to the orderly return of our service members from this theater of conflict.”

[…]

But NOW, Ocasio-Cortez thinks America ought to stay in Syria.

“Trump’s sudden withdrawal from northern Syria & endorsement of Turkey’s actions could have catastrophic consequences & risks laying the ground for immense violence and suffering,” she wrote Tuesday in Twitter.

[…]

When she was running for Congress in 2018, she vowed to work to end U.S. involvement in not just Syria, but across the Middle East.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...f7ac823837210e9d3eaf4&recip=27116010

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
BP-B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Makes sense. He is, after all, worse than a Nazi, so whatever he does must be evil.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Objectively speaking there is no reason or interest for Americans to keep troops in Syria. Once Trump came into power the aid to terrorists was halted and Russians, Turks, Iranians along with local support were able to eliminate ISIS. There is zero benefit for Americans to keep supporting the Kurds and whatever credibility US Government had in the region and the world evaporated after invasion of Iraq. The entire debate of troops in Syria centers around scoring political points. Since official numbers of American troops in Syria are not revealed there is no way average American can determine whether troops leave or stay in that country.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Well written, guys! Yes the Libs, reasonably enough, want us out of these foreign entanglements, as long as Trump is President.
But when Trump withdraws, all hell breaks loose. The Libs are outraged.
What a bunch of hypocritical fools.

Yes I think we should just get the hell out of the middle east, these Mongrolians have been killing each other for many centuries, and they will continue to kill each other, long after we leave.
The Iraq War was, of course, the biggest foreign policy mistake in US history. Get out!

And, Afghanistan has been the graveyard of empires. The British in 1880, the Russians in 1980.
But, the US is so good, is so tough, is so wonderful, we can bring peace to Afghanistan. If we just stay there for 18 more years, I'm sure peace will come to this land. No, not 18, make it 36 more years. 36 more years, there will be peace in Afghanistan.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Well written, guys! Yes the Libs, reasonably enough, want us out of these foreign entanglements, as long as Trump is President.
But when Trump withdraws, all hell breaks loose. The Libs are outraged.
What a bunch of hypocritical fools.

Yes I think we should just get the hell out of the middle east, these Mongrolians have been killing each other for many centuries, and they will continue to kill each other, long after we leave.
The Iraq War was, of course, the biggest foreign policy mistake in US history. Get out!

And, Afghanistan has been the graveyard of empires. The British in 1880, the Russians in 1980.
But, the US is so good, is so tough, is so wonderful, we can bring peace to Afghanistan. If we just stay there for 18 more years, I'm sure peace will come to this land. No, not 18, make it 36 more years. 36 more years, there will be peace in Afghanistan.

There will never be peace in Afghanistan, but fools will continue to break themselves on the bastard of a place.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Makes sense. He is, after all, worse than a Nazi, so whatever he does must be evil.

He also has to die.. right now... by any means.. Die!

Loved his rally speech last night. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I like his speeches too!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oppositional Defiant Disorder.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If he says free college their heads would explode.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The Correct response to 911 was dropping a small nuke on Tora Bora killing Bin Laden and his cohorts , bombing every Taliban stronghold then leaving the country. No boots on the ground.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nuke 'em til they glow. Should done it in '78 when peanut-head Carter was in office, and 400 hostage were held in Tehran. Middle East could have been the United States Oil Emirates.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
111 members (10gaugeman, 32_20fan, 257robertsimp, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,416 guests, and 687 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,881
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.