Have plans?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
BP-B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
What do you guys do on Thanksgiving? I figure it's about the same as here. Happy Thanksgiving.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
What do you guys do on Thanksgiving? I figure it's about the same as here. Happy Thanksgiving.

......... without the football. smile

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Around here, it is a Turkey and family thing and a hunting and firewood thing. Elk rut is ongoing, it tapers off after this weekend. Happy Thanksgiving...God Bless

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Normally, I'd be up north moose hunting, but that isn't happening this year. Instead, we are going to spend a traditional multicultural Thanksgiving. We went to the dollar store and bought Chinese, Vietnamese and Malaysian Thanksgiving decorations to festoon the inside and outside of the house. Tonight, we'll hop in the wife's Honda and head out for Chinese food.

But I don't want you to think that we ignore the Indians at Thanksgiving. I am trying to convince the wife to go out to Little India for lunch. Everyone loves curried food.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Saturday (yesterday) was my wifes birthday but no celebration took place. Our youngest daughter was at she and her husbands cottage to have the Thansgiving celebration with his family today. Tomorrow(Monday) we will have a combined Thanksgiving/birthday get together. Then in one week it will be the eldest daughters birthday. We have much to give thanks for in October!

Jim

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'm late to reply, couldn't log in for a few days. Yep full of turkey (too full) !!! Fall walks, big meals, family, couch naps, doesn't get much better!!!!! Grand kids--- much better than yer own!!! If I'd have known I would have had them first??? Ya mr Regwell I'm not after moose this year also. Hope you allll had a great thanksgiving, we definitely have lots to be thankful for. Bill out. 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Yesterday drove Slavyanka and the kids north through Beaver Valley. Beautiful fall colours you can see for 20km across. The colours are about a week behind though.

Stopped for a late lunch at a nice restaurant by the river in Thornbury, then to the Scarecrow festival in Meaford,

After that found an orchard more off the beaten track and bought a bushel of apples for 1/2 the price the touristy places wanted.

Today have the turkey in the oven and have friends coming for dinner. Their two boys, 6 and 7 are holy terrors. Totally undisciplined I warned her there’d be hell to pay if the little bastids harm any of my mounts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, started Thursday with the prime rib & kept going strong.

grin

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Just another day with work to be done. GD

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

This year I cut up the mule deer my daughter shot a few days earlier, cut a bit of firewood, and then ate the turkey dinner my wife cooked.

I also had a few half-litre cans of a good Czech Pilsner - Czechvar. wink

Last edited by Cariboo; 10/16/19.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
660 members (1lessdog, 2500HD, 257 mag, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 73 invisible), 2,727 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,647
Posts18,399,078
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.