Print Thread
Hop To
#14149732 09/24/19
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Does anyone offer a decent quality blaze orange daypack that accepts a hydration bladder? I'd like to have unpadded shoulder straps too, but doubt those are available except as a custom modification. I want it for still/slip deer hunting. Unpadded shoulder straps because they don't affect length of pull much. Doesn't need to be real big; just room for lunch, hunting knife, dressing-out gloves and such. Thanks in advance!

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe one of these, with some webbing straps rigged up? My old Talon came with provisions to attach a included basic shoulder strap system, but I'm not sure if that's still available.

https://seekoutside.com/base-talon-blaze-orange/

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If that’s all you’ll be carrying, you might get by with one of the larger hydration packs and be fine. Blaze orange will be tough to find though.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The Osprey Stratos 34 & 36 are both offered in bright orange. I have the Osprey Talon 22 (orange) and I often wish it was a little bit bigger. But aside from that, it's a great orange daypack.

Osprey Stratos 34

[Linked Image from osprey.com]

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
if you're not carrying very much, maybe a lumbar pack would suffice? won't effect draw at all. are you wearing an orange vest? a lumbar pack wouldn't cover up any orange was it up

also you can get inexpensive orange panels that will attach to any daypack (or backpack for that matter)

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I just carry an extra cheap, light vest and put it on my pack. Put it on the antlers when carrying out a critter.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mtwarden
if you're not carrying very much, maybe a lumbar pack would suffice? won't effect draw at all. are you wearing an orange vest? a lumbar pack wouldn't cover up any orange was it up

also you can get inexpensive orange panels that will attach to any daypack (or backpack for that matter)

This , I use a tenzing fanny pack that has shoulder straps to slip hunt to my stands and blinds. It is not blaze but is hydration compatible. It will carry what you want. It wouldn't take much to tie on a blaze bandana if that is a concern.

Last edited by Boarmaster123; 10/08/19.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Thanks for the suggestions. I currently use an old green Jansport daypack that I sewed pieces of shoestring into to hang the hydration bladder. I sewed an orange vest over that.

J
JRK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I have an MR Pintler. I am using it for 1-3 nights out as well as long day hunts where I hope to pack out meat. I have also had/used a kuiu 1850 and eberlestock x1 and x2. I just packed out a whole boned out blacktail plus my lwt camp 6 miles, worked great. I fitted a top lid, adds a bit of space for longer trips. I am very interested in the pop ups, seems the 28 would just barely work for overnight, tough when meat enters the pack out equation along with camp. I would go at least 2000 cu for any overnighting and I personally think that the meat shelf that many of the good hunting packs have is a near must for meat hauling. MR mule might be another idea...

J
JRK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I have an MR Pintler. I am using it for 1-3 nights out as well as long day hunts where I hope to pack out meat. I have also had/used a kuiu 1850 and eberlestock x1 and x2. I just packed out a whole boned out blacktail plus my lwt camp 6 miles, worked great. I fitted a top lid, adds a bit of space for longer trips. I am very interested in the pop ups, seems the 28 would just barely work for overnight, tough when meat enters the pack out equation along with camp. I would go at least 2000 cu for any overnighting and I personally think that the meat shelf that many of the good hunting packs have is a near must for meat hauling. MR mule might be another idea...

IC B3

J
JRK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

J
JRK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Sorry, wrong thread, weird was looking at MR pop up discussion when I replied. Damn phone

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Why not a cover for your current bag?

[Linked Image from decathlon.co.uk]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

568 members (10Glocks, 219DW, 12344mag, 16penny, 160user, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 1,962 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,234
Posts18,447,787
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.