Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
What are yours?

For daily cutting chores, I've carried the same knife (two and three quarter inch blade) for nearly thirty years, which is a super lightweight Gerber folder. Still holding up fine. Carried every day, all those years, without fail, used often, and resharpened untold numbers of times (stock photo of the model from the internet).

[Linked Image from lh3.googleusercontent.com]

The following knives are carried as backups to my handgun, and (apart from the Benchmade, which occasionally is used for cutting chores) never used for cutting chores, so they remain razor sharp at all times.

On the left is the CRKT (Williams designed) HEIHO, with pocket clip, spring assisted open (with blade mounted disk), featuring a liner lock. Next is the Fox Knives (of Italy) 479 Karambit pocket clip folder, featuring the patented Emerson wave opening feature, which causes it to flip open automatically upon being pulled from a pocket (also has liner lock). Next is the ZT 0462 Sinkevich, pocket clip folder, featuring a flip open system, and frame lock. Lastly, is another CRKT knife. This one's the Special Forces M21-14SF pocket clip folder, featuring a flip open mechanism, liner lock, and Veff serrations.

[Linked Image]

The following two were carried a lot in the past, but it has been years. I should put them back in my rotation.

The first is an A.G. Russell Arkansas Toothpick, featuring a liner lock, without pocket clip. It carries very nicely, however, in the change pocket of a pair of bluejeans. Next is a numbered (of 1,000), first edition, Benchmade, Osborne 940, featuring pocket clip and liner lock. Opens with a thumb stud and unlocks with side studs.

[Linked Image]

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I had a Gerber exactly like that first one pictured I carried for about 20 years. Great little knife! Lost it when I gutted a deer after dark with it. Layer it down, afterwards. Went back the next day and it was gone! The hogs had cleaned up the gut pile. Either they ate it or a raccoon carried it off. 😳

My every day carry is a Spyderco Police Model and a Protec Dark Angel OTF switchblade.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I forgot to mention two others that I carried a lot last year, which were both essentially larger versions of the Williams designed HEIHO, pictured above ... one a little larger, and the other a good bit larger. Also great knives.

Here's one of them.

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I had a Gerber exactly like that first one pictured I carried for about 20 years. Great little knife! Lost it when I gutted a deer after dark with it. Layer it down, afterwards. Went back the next day and it was gone! The hogs had cleaned up the gut pile. Either they ate it or a raccoon carried it off. 😳

My every day carry is a Spyderco Police Model and a Protec Dark Angel OTF switchblade.

I've got essentially the same Spyderco, but not called the police model. It has black synthetic scales.

Cool OTF automatic you have there. I've got a side opening automatic, but never carry it for fear of it flipping open in my pocket.

This is the one I have ... another Benchmade.

[Linked Image from cdn11.bigcommerce.com]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Judman

Classic.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I've got essentially the same Spyderco, but not called the police model. It has black synthetic scales.

Cool OTF automatic you have there. I've got a side opening automatic, but never carry it for fear of it flipping open in my pocket.

This is the one I have ... another Benchmade.

[Linked Image from cdn11.bigcommerce.com]

Nice. But Benchmade Auto’s are s l o w compared to Protech’s.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Judman

Classic.

Thank you, I told Hank Hammond what I wanted, that's what I got... A 1975 case beautiful sumbitch....

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Sweet. Love Case folders. I have a few of them. Not from that far back, though.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Most days a case trapper.

Lately a Winchester Made is USA trapper.

I like 2 blades.

One for work. One for food.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow, thanks for all the photos. That's a lot of wicked in the pocket.

Last edited by 5thShock; 10/13/19. Reason: changed the overall tenor of the comment
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
[Linked Image]

The current daily rotation.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Tim Wegner Jr Spyderco that I bought about 20 years ago. Been sharpened numerous times. Mostly daily chores and a deer or two each season.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by woods_walker
[Linked Image]

The current daily rotation.

Whats the top one?

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
"What's the top one?"

Discontinued and hard to come by...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Kershaw 1993-2 VG10.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Either a Spyderco Delica 50/50 or a ZT 0770CF.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
644 members (01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 69 invisible), 2,791 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,654
Posts18,399,211
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.