Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Does anyone besides me think this is pure bullschit?

BP-B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I haven’t heard about it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I dont think it's BS. Imagine you're a company and you were blamed for burning down all those houses and loss of lives. You were not allowed to properly clear the right of ways to prevent fires, but you were blamed for the loses and had settlements and fines levied against you. Now you're still in business, but cant pay the monies owed, so you file bankruptcy. To prevent further fires, you cut the power........ no electricity flowing thru the lines, no fires if trees fall on it.

I do think the power company, PG&E, cut the power to the wrong people. If they supply Sacramento, capitol of CA., they should have started there with the power outage, then went to SF, LA, etc. Those are the people that ham-strung the power company in the first place and should be the first ones without power.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldman3
I dont think it's BS. Imagine you're a company and you were blamed for burning down all those houses and loss of lives. You were not allowed to properly clear the right of ways to prevent fires, but you were blamed for the loses and had settlements and fines levied against you. Now you're still in business, but cant pay the monies owed, so you file bankruptcy. To prevent further fires, you cut the power........ no electricity flowing thru the lines, no fires if trees fall on it.

I do think the power company, PG&E, cut the power to the wrong people. If they supply Sacramento, capitol of CA., they should have started there with the power outage, then went to SF, LA, etc. Those are the people that ham-strung the power company in the first place and should be the first ones without power.

What?! The power company can't clear the rights-of way where they have power lines?

That is REALLY strange!

john

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Pie-in-the-sky-enviromentalists causing death and destruction up and down
the left coast.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
PGE gets sued if they provide power. They get sued if they DON"T provide power. A lose/lose situation for them

Sam......

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
I thought PG&E got shafted on that court case and don't blame them for cutting power. There's an inherent risk to running electrical power and we all bear that risk for the convenience of electrifying our country. The subsequent fire was devastating and the loss of life terrible. Unless it was determined PG&E was grossly negligent in correcting an obvious hazard after being repeatedly notified of the hazard, I can't see how that ruling ever stood. From what I read, I believe there were some issues with right-of-way access too.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
California is an ongoing study in the perverse and absurd.
And "they" seem proud of it.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
PGE gets sued if they provide power. They get sued if they DON"T provide power. A lose/lose situation for them

PG&E, ain't no angel Sam....

CA is screwed up on both sides of the equation....

and there is too much for people to believe its all just that simple...

Randy did submit the best solution tho to the problem...

but CA is a testing ground for governmental control of the population, by giving and taking away their electrical power..

The 31 counties where power was cut, had Police Depts and local Militia anticipating a major increase in crimes while the power was cut....and cities had armed militia patrolling the streets...

you boys back east probably didn't hear that on the news reports I'd bet....
we certainly heard it on the local news on the radio out this way...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jpb
Originally Posted by Oldman3

What?! The power company can't clear the rights-of way where they have power lines?

That is REALLY strange!

john

A drop in the bucket of all the stupid things that take place in California....

people who claim to be environMENTALists, have CA so screwed up.....

Hwy 199 from here down to the CA coast has rain induced landsides which close the road annually, yet the enviro Wackos take a legal route to stop the state from repairing those areas to prevent those problems happening ever again... and they do that every year I've lived here.. and that has been 25 years now...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just another self inflicted wound.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
PG&E wasn't supposed to be able to cut the power unless the conditions for a "red flag warning" were met....those conditions were never met in 90% of the areas they cut power to....in fact, the USFS started a prescribed burn in El Dorado county, that turned into a "wildfire".....Sacramento & other large cities were mostly unaffected because PG&E isn't their power company.... PG&E is looking for steep rate hikes to cover their tracks on mismanagement & over spending on "green" projects, and THAT is the reason the power was cut...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
communist dont keep the power on...

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
They have been doing it for years in San Diego county, SDGE is a little more nimble in covering their asses. The outages are about liability not safety since many back country homes need well pumps running to knock down small blazes & stop larger fires from starting. I suggested they do an interest free program to allow people without lots of money to install generators - no interest on the Utilities part.

They love the punishment element of the program. Not speculation I was an employee years ago when they implemented program - told not to express my opinion after the first time.

In fairness to them improving fire safety has been their top priority for over 10 years now, of course at the expense of very high rates.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fishdog52
California is an ongoing study in the perverse and absurd.
And "they" seem proud of it.

Pretty much explains it all!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kalifornia's chickens...……...……….are coming home...…………..to ROOST !!!!

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well this is mostly like everything else in this country, lawyers.
PG&E is tired of being sued for fires. A vast state like CA, with THOUSANDS of miles of power lines running through woods and along mountain roads, if one line goes down and starts a fire, a pack of lawyers attack to the tune of billions. I don’t see PGE having any choice but to do this to survive.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We've never had electricity in Idaho, in case any Californians are wondering.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 280shooter
We've never had electricity in Idaho, in case any Californians are wondering.

We did.......but the nuke generator made us glow. Then the skinheads made nooses from all the wiring.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Creates a growing market for those that build portable generators. Hell today any private household should have a couple. And apartments or anything more than small duplexes should have emergency back up generators. Those places where the individual person isn't allowed to have their own.

Phil

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
701 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 69 invisible), 3,032 guests, and 1,411 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,680
Posts18,399,622
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.