-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
A lot of people out there were dropped on their heads!!!

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I don't worry about being without power, I worry a lot about being able to evacuate on short notice with all my dogs.

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Creates a growing market for those that build portable generators. Hell today any private household should have a couple. And apartments or anything more than small duplexes should have emergency back up generators. Those places where the individual person isn't allowed to have their own.

Phil

Then tell me about all the AGren regulations Sacremento will put on those personal generators and how those gas/desiel engines will hasten climate change. Then the haz mat tax for storing the fuel on site. Etc.

That is your California.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Creates a growing market for those that build portable generators. Hell today any private household should have a couple. And apartments or anything more than small duplexes should have emergency back up generators. Those places where the individual person isn't allowed to have their own.

Phil

Instead, what will happen is that when the sheep get to bleating loud enough, Sacto will take over the PG&E and run it like the Bolsheviks.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
That or they'll get rid of all the regulations that benefit the power industry and restrict any real benefit of the home owner having solar.

Phil

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That or they'll get rid of all the regulations that benefit the power industry and restrict any real benefit of the home owner having solar.

Phil

Like the regulations that just bankrupted PG&E?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Phil

California? Get rid of regulations? Yer smokin' some good stuff.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
PG&E Bankrupted themselves with years of abuse an doing nothing in the way of maintenance. And if anything had to do with the company ignoring regulations.

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
PG&E Bankrupted themselves with years of abuse an doing nothing in the way of maintenance. And if anything had to do with the company ignoring regulations.

Phil

You are a glaring neon cautionary tale for someone who is so blinded by their biases that they are completely unable to grasp the simplest bits of reality.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
BS, I use to change out the poles and towers, Most of the infrastructure at the time was close to 100 years old. And whether you'd like to admit it or not. The company's did little in the way of trimming, or removing trees, or even looking at the under-growth from their rights of way. I can first hand attest to how expensive it is to even change out a single pole. But they had no trouble at all to hand out those extreme pay and benefit packages to the upper echelon workers (those white collar leeches).

Phil

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
They probably couldn't get the permits to cut or brushhog the power line easements anymore because of the northern spotted tree lizard or some other ESA or 404 issue or some BS. California is a joke...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
BS, I use to change out the poles and towers, Most of the infrastructure at the time was close to 100 years old. And whether you'd like to admit it or not. The company's did little in the way of trimming, or removing trees, or even looking at the under-growth from their rights of way. I can first hand attest to how expensive it is to even change out a single pole. But they had no trouble at all to hand out those extreme pay and benefit packages to the upper echelon workers (those white collar leeches).

Phil

That doesn't have anything to do with why they're bankrupt, whether it's legitimately true or not. But please let your knee keep jerking reflexively in your hate for capitalism.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What is with all the fires burning? I thought they turned the power off so there would not be any fires.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Rufuss, it has everything to do with the Bankruptcy... Its what caused it.. responsibility for and their liable for the damages caused from the fires!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If your electric car battery dies, so can you, for all Governor Newsom cares.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I don't work for PG&E so I don't know why they do such a crappy job of clearing trees and brush around power poles and lines in my county. Been that way for at least the last 30 years. It could be stupid regulations from Sacramento, environmentalist lawsuits and activist judges, corporate laziness to save costs or even just crappy job performance from all the 3rd party contractors they hire to do the clearing. Probably a combination of all of the above. I wouldn't lay all of the blame on PG&E but they are not innocent either.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RufusG

Phil

That doesn't have anything to do with why they're bankrupt, whether it's legitimately true or not. But please let your knee keep jerking reflexively in your hate for capitalism.

That's not capitalism, my friend. That's unrestrained, unrestricted snowballing malfeasance and misuse of public funds.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Rufuss, it has everything to do with the Bankruptcy... Its what caused it.. responsibility for and their liable for the damages caused from the fires!

The bankruptcy has everything to do with the "inverse condemnation" rules in CA state law. PGE does not have to be shown negligent to be sued into oblivion. That's the beginning and end of it. If they replaced equipment and cleared brush to the extent necessary to lower the odds of any big fire bankrupting them, your rates would be several times what they are at least.

Idiotic bolshevik law plus greedy lawyers is the complete equation. People love to blame the utility but then they immediately schitt the bed when their rates go up to replace equipment or do maintenance.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Like with Boeing and some of the other large corporations that deliberately ignore safety resulting in multiple deaths for no reason other than profit. They need to do like some of the other third world country's and take the top half dozen or so executives and hang the [bleep]...

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Like with Boeing and some of the other large corporations that deliberately ignore safety resulting in multiple deaths for no reason other than profit. They need to do like some of the other third world country's and take the top half dozen or so executives and hang the [bleep]...

Phil

Since it is clear that CA is chock full of folks with similar reasoning skills to you, that third world country part is just around the bend.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,873 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,350
Posts18,468,852
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.