Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Mestizo karma ran over liberal dogma....

https://pluralist.com/sean-buchanan-killed-by-illegal-immigrant-miguel-ramirez-valiente/49999/

A man who criticized President Donald Trump’s immigration policies in the name of progressive Christianity was killed last week by an undocumented immigrant who avoided deportation by hiding in a local “sanctuary church.”

Sean Buchanan, a father of five from Colorado Springs, was driving his motorcycle on Highway 83 when Miguel Ramirez Valiente swerved into his lane and killed him. The immigrant was charged with reckless driving with a revoked license.

Ramirez Valiente received national media coverage in January when he sought sanctuary in All Souls Unitarian Universalist Church in Buchanan’s hometown. Speaking from the pulpit, he told assembled reporters that he had fled gang violence in El Salvador in 2005. He said he wanted to stay in the United States to care for his wife and three children even though his asylum application was denied.

In a sympathetic report at the time, CNN said Ramirez Valiente was one of about 50 immigrants who had tried to avoid U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in a church.

However, when he killed Buchanan, Ramirez Valiente was driving with a suspended license thanks to a 2018 DUI. He was also arrested for reckless endangerment in 2011 and domestic violence in 2016. A district attorney dismissed both charges.

After the crash, a close female acquaintance anonymously told ABC 7 Denver that Ramirez Valiente is “an alcoholic and an abuser.”

Sean Buchanan was a liberal immigration activist

In the years leading up to his death, Buchanan publicly advocated on behalf of asylum seekers like Ramirez Valiente. On Facebook and
Twitter, he shared political commentary rooted in a liberal vision of Christianity in between marketing and business tips.

Buchanan ― who formerly worked for Christian app company aware3 ― often retweeted posts by the late progressive evangelical writer Rachel Evan Held. In one tweet from 2016, Buchanan declared that “radical inclusivity” is “the most Christian phrase.”

Last April, Buchanan posted a New York Times column to Facebook expressing longing for a Church committed to “feminism” and “social justice” ― as opposed to the real-life “old boys’ club” that is “obsessed with dogma and rules.”

At the same time, Buchanan ― who raised two adopted black sons along with his three daughters ― was harshly critical of the president for his views on gender, race and immigration.

In 2016, he recommended an article to his Twitter followers comparing Trump to Adolf Hitler. Days later, he tweeted that the president’s hardline approach to immigration evinced “racism and ignorance.”

In February, he retweeted a post calling Trump a “racist.”

Buchanan also used his Twitter account to condemn proposed restrictions on refugees and to highlight advocacy for more generous asylum policies.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Makes a person think.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Makes a person think.

Some will, not all.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Karma!!!!!

MOLON LABE
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
He's a criminal.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Clearly Ramirez is the victim, and he now had to live with the trauma of this incident. I say double the welfare to him and his illegal wife and children. Anything less is racism.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N

“Factio democratica delenda est"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The circle is closed.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by boatammo
Karma!!!!!

Ya think? 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Makes a person think.

Some will, not all.

Lots of Truth in that statement

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I believe that this may give credence to belief in Karma. Karma or not....I’m not shedding any tears over this POS. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
One down . . .

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
from the article:

"He was sentenced to a year of probation in August 2018 after pleading guilty to driving under the influence in late 2017."

I guess probation (leniency) didn't work out so well in this case!

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Isn't that iconic.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by local_dirt
The circle is closed.
GOOD START!!! Now then, there are a lot more circles left to close, get rid of the activists and those of us left that still love America can clean it up in a couple of bloody weeks. We'll need a fleet of digging equipment and lime, lots of lime...

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
That’s about like giving a rattlesnake a pass.

I am saddened for his 5 children and wife.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by viking

I'm not. Maybe their eyes will be opened.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by local_dirt
The circle is closed.

that is just too effing funny. lol

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by viking

most likely they were just like Dad.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, he adopted two black kids As well as raising three of his own so at least you could say he put his money where his mouth was.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10ring1, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,319
Posts18,468,418
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.