Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
It ain't what it used to be1!

I have not used my 30-06 dies in over twenty years, then a friend asked me to load up 100 180 gr SST hornadys for next week's elk hunt.

I opened the die box to discover I had cannabalized some parts over the years. I searched the internet and found a phone # for customer service. I tried five times over three days to call, and was on hold for up to thirty minutes each time before I gave up and hung up.

I also found a link for an E-mail to customer service, and sent them a note. Said note disappeared from the screen and I did not know if it was sent or lost. So the next day, I repeated that action. That second note also disappeared from the screen.

Finally after a week, an answer to both messages appeared in my inbox. The answer to the second message said that my parts were only available directly from manufacturer.......call Customer Service.

But then the good news. I scrolled up to the answer to my first message. It said that my parts including a new seating stem for my seating die, a plastic cap for a Uniflow measure, and a large hopper for the Uniflow were all being shipped out at N/C as warranty replacement.

A great result! Though I would have been very happy to contact Customer Service in a timely manner and pay for the parts.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I recently tried to buy a replacement motor for my ancient RCBS vibratory case cleaner. Contacted them by email with the request.They wouldn't sell me one. They sent me one free of charge.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
When I bought their products the parts were always free. Although, I’ve never needed parts for my other stuff after I quit using them.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They have sent me free parts for years. They are as good as it gets!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
It ain't what it used to be1!

A great result! Though I would have been very happy to contact Customer Service in a timely manner and pay for the parts.

Couldn’t be that PG&E had something to do with it. Nah not kommifornia.
Released early in the week.

Our facility is currently affected by the California power outage. The utility company in northern California has temporarily shut-off power in the area to prevent wildfires. Unfortunately, this has impacted our facility. We have redirected our calls to an alternate location to best service our customers. Call times may be longer than normal.

Swifty
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Thanks Swifty, I was unaware of that.

Hopefully, RCBS customer service will soon be back to normal. Especially since I managed to bend a decapping stem in my 41 mag resizer die last night.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
No trouble contacting their customer service ever and always sent parts at n/c ASAP.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I've heard good things about their CS but I've never had to use it.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I can only add to the praise for RCBS' customer service. They repaired an electric lead pot that they didn't have to just to satisfy a customer (me). They have sent small parts free of charge!

I bet PG&E has/had something to do with the OP's issue...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hopefully, RCBS customer service will soon be back to normal. Especially since I managed to bend a decapping stem in my 41 mag resizer die last night.

I have used a clipped to length finish nail until I could get a new pin in the past. If you bend one it is easy to replace until the mail comes

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FreeMe
I recently tried to buy a replacement motor for my ancient RCBS vibratory case cleaner. Contacted them by email with the request.They wouldn't sell me one. They sent me one free of charge.

I had the same experience about ten years ago.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 700LH

I have used a clipped to length finish nail until I could get a new pin in the past. If you bend one it is easy to replace until the mail comes
bearings out of u joints make great decapping pins

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by blanket
Originally Posted by 700LH

bearings out of u joints make great decapping pins

That’s good to know!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I've only had to contact them twice.
First was to replace a broken uniflow measure hopper. I offered to pay for it but was sent to me free of charge.
The second time was for an impact bullet puller that snapped in half during normal use. They asked me to send it to them on my dime before shipping a replacement. I shipped it but never heard back. Called again and they told me I was SOL.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've rarely used the RCBS customer service but it was great when I did.....the very best is Hornady.....but I'm not at all thrilled with their reloading tools.

To this day, I remain a RCBS customer and expect that won't change.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve been using RCBS for 25 years. Top quality all around. The few times I’ve called about customer service they have been fantastic. Always RCBS for me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
They have sent me free parts for years. They are as good as it gets!

Agree. That's why I prefer to use their dies.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I have had several instances to contact RCBS customer service. I have never been dissapointed.

Sam......

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Top shelf. I broke a Rock Chucker, they replaced it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had more than satisfactory experience with RCBS also in the past. I even sent them some extra 223 small base dies I acquired that cases would get stuck in. Repaired them right up. That and I like their equipment is why I continue to do business with them.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,636 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,992
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.