Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
So I'm looking over my shiny Mark II TR, and found that the receiver is badly D&T for scope bases.
Used a pair of Millett rings to get the alignment close, mounted a cheap 6X scope and took it to the range today.
Considering my crappy setup at the pistol house (no benches there, and I was locked out of the rifle house) id say it shot very well. In the .2's at 25 yards when I could hold it and I suspect even better as I could see that many of the groups in the .3's were obviously due to my unsteady shooting. And one group where I held well for three shots and they make a tiny little group, only opened by one bad shot and one little pull.

So, I'd love to go to Savage with my problem but the best they could do is replace the rifle, and I'm not really expecting to get another good one back.

I don't think I can get the scope setup right as it is, but I do think I could indicate and D&T for 8-48 in the right place and consume the #6's that are already there. No problem to open up the bases either.

And, as I type this I've been on hold with their CS department for 59 minutes.
Still haven't spoken to a human. Doesn't inspire confidence.

Anyone have some Savage CS experiences theyd like to share? Good or bad.

FYI, I am not the original owner.

Thanks!

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Give them a chance to send a new rifle to you. Every Savage I have ever owned has been a ringer for accuracy.

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
If I ever get through ill find out if that's an option.
Then see if I want to give up the known for the unknown...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Never had many prob's with Savage products........

Heard Effie Sullivan still workin' there ????????

800 370 0708.......save ya a dime.........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
They never replied to my email a few months ago when I complained about the condition of a new rifle I bought.

NRA Life Member
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Took about a week to get a hold of them about a firing pin and spring for a rascal experiencing light primer strikes. When I finally got a reply, they said that those needed to be shipped to a FFL. I though surely the person was mistaken, but apparently company policy requires bolt parts to be shipped to an FFL. Aside from the ridiculous FFL requirements,I was not impressed with their customer service.

Last edited by ballyhoo; 10/15/19.
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Sounds like their CS is "overworked and underpaid" and that I shouldn't expect much.
Ill give them another try and see how it goes I guess.

I may even try tikkanut's contact...
Thanks tikkanut!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
15 or 20 years ago I bought a LH .223 Savage. it shot hardball to softball size groups with everything I put thru it, factory and handloads..
Called Savage I could hear the skepticism in the guy's voice but he said to send it to them.
So I did.
they sent it back and I promptly shot a 9/16" size 5 shot group using reloads with mixed military brass and IMI FMJ bullets...

Savage CS is AOK in my book

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have had nothing but good experiences with Savage customer service. However, I have never sent a rifle back for repair or with a problem.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Few years back I had a Savage 17hmr bolt rifle explode on me. Sent it in to Savage through the local retailer and it took a month or so, but it came back fixed up like new and it never had an issue again.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I had one experience. . . . had a .223 LRPV that had a junk barrel on it. Savage replaced it and it shot significantly better but, when I got it back, it was still a savage.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The beginning of November last year I took my savage long range hunter out of the safe to make sure it was still sighted in the upcoming deer season and noticed that the synthetic stock had a sticky feel to it. I called savage the next day and spoke with a young lady and told her the issue and she said sorry you are having this issue whats your address and we will get a new stock shipped out to you. In less than a weeks time the next stock arrived free of charge. The rifle was probably 7-8 years old when the stock turned sticky.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
My only experience with Savage support was when I bought a left hand Axis for the action. I sold the .270 barrel that it left the factory with and installed a 7-08 barrel. I needed the longer trigger guard to make the short action mag work. The rep sent me a new trigger guard free of charge, even though I told her I was modding the rifle and there was nothing wrong with the long action trigger guard.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 74 invisible), 2,512 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,686
Posts18,456,386
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.