Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WDH

Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Oh what a beauty Steve !

Still some big rams taken every year, but as others have noted sheep hunting may have passed its zenith. Whole lot more sheep hunters competing for fewer big rams

Pretty sure sheep hunter # are a lot lower than 15 to 20 years ago...

Pretty sure you are as wrong as about every other post/declaration you have ever made. About five years ago I was part of a group working with ADFG looking at options and attitudes on AK sheep hunting moving forward.

Sheep numbers are down half and hunter numbers are double from 20 years ago.

Stop trying to be a big shot. I sat at the same table with you. Then you went to Lohuis house for beers.

Great, and you refused to learn anything they had to say?

And there is nothing you have posted showing even the slightest bit of background or native skill of use in said project. And more to the point, you have many statements showing you are an idiot. Congratulations!

From your recent posts I made the mistake of thinking you were trying to get over your stupidity and actually listen. Guess it is time to put you back on ignore for good...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by WDH

Originally Posted by WDH
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Oh what a beauty Steve !

Still some big rams taken every year, but as others have noted sheep hunting may have passed its zenith. Whole lot more sheep hunters competing for fewer big rams

Pretty sure sheep hunter # are a lot lower than 15 to 20 years ago...

Pretty sure you are as wrong as about every other post/declaration you have ever made. About five years ago I was part of a group working with ADFG looking at options and attitudes on AK sheep hunting moving forward.

Sheep numbers are down half and hunter numbers are double from 20 years ago.

Stop trying to be a big shot. I sat at the same table with you. Then you went to Lohuis house for beers.

Great, and you refused to learn anything they had to say?

And there is nothing you have posted showing even the slightest bit of background or native skill of use in said project. And more to the point, you have many statements showing you are an idiot. Congratulations!

From your recent posts I made the mistake of thinking you were trying to get over your stupidity and actually listen. Guess it is time to put you back on ignore for good...

Hahahahahahaha! Sorry Artsy that I’m not a sheep that eats what you put out. You googled sheep hunter numbers to try to prove me wrong and couldn’t swallow the facts. Its ok, unlike you I don’t claim to know it all.

Oh but you’re some big shot who sat at a table for two hours and answered predetermined questions about sheep hunting. I forgot you know it all. Laughing!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by FishinHank
Goats pee in the water sheep drink.

;-)

Nice work guys!

Is this a goat? Or a young sheep?
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by cwh2
Originally Posted by FishinHank
Goats pee in the water sheep drink.

;-)

Nice work guys!

Is this a goat? Or a young sheep?
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Dunno what that is in front, but that’s an old goat right behind it. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Two old goats, or one old goat and one young goat.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The front goat is awesome. The rear goat, not so much!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Tough crowd.

This is the goat my wife shot (same rifle as the sheep, but I didn't get any pictures with the rifle). Its a long story, but I'll try to get it posted eventually. I've gotten paranoid enough in my old age that I don't put pictures of other people on the internet, so you're stuck with pictures of me.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You do look a bit frosty...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
But seriously. Congrats to E and nice goat.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Congrats on the purty sheep and goat.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks RedRabbit & IronBender!

Last edited by cwh2; 10/14/19.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
count me jealous too. Well done and please pass along congrats to the Mrs.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by rost495
count me jealous too. Well done and please pass along congrats to the Mrs.

Ditto. Neat thread.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by kaboku68
As a teacher, I don't get the time off that many people do when it comes to sheep hunting and hunting in general. I have a hunt planned for the end of August and beginning of September that will allow me to use all four of my personal days with labor day. I do get to talk to people and help them get started. One of the guys that I work with at SW was very apt student and listened to everything that I told him to do for preparation, tools, technique and etc. I guess I have to live vicariously through him. He did fine. He shot this guy at 30 yards up Shindata on opening morning.[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

I spent opening week of 2013 in that area. Stalked a couple of rams in that exact spot, but could not make them legal no matter how hard I squinted. Shindata drainage was filled with lots of young rams that year. Too many of them were almost full curl. Very frustrating week.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 51 invisible), 3,152 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,335
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.