Campfire Tracker
S
Star valley fishing at it's finest
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
GB2

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Nice, plan to head that way in week or ten days.. Enjoy!!

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sigh - I cannot think of anything finer than a small stream and willing trout of any size.

We're headed out to the camp for the 4th and a few days off. I have a little stream up in Bedford County PA that needs a visit. Other things have occupied me this year and I've not fished as much as my soul needs.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
My situation exactly Pugs... I have not caught a brookie yet!!!!! We are headed home from this cursed state of Colorado tomorrow.. Last day of helping relatives... The rest of the summer should be joy!! My you have a great fish!!!

Molon Labe
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
That looks like the size stream I like to fish and from the pic a lack of fishing pressure also.
Gonna be going to be going to that "greenie; state to the south of that in august and the latest rules for the river I want to fish say fish have to be 16" to keep, fish that size I want to put back and keep the 8-11 inchers to eat.
Oh well maybe it is good that I am starting to get too old to do it cause just a few to eat is all I want to catch and keep and the "elite fisherman seem to be leading the agency rules committee.

Ket a couple of bluegills here a couple of years ago to eat, everything else has gone back

Last edited by LouisB; 07/03/18.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
These streams see fair pressure. Just caught it on a good weekend.

Stupidity is expensive
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Still nice... Have lots of places here to fish on ranches, but seldom keep any there.. Will go for a frying pan full as soon as I can!!!

Louis, I would trade all the trout in the Rockies for good bluegill fishing.. Love to catch them and eat them.. Good luck on those Greenie streams.. I bought a license in that state just because I had to be there for 10 days helping... Never wet a line.. We were near the Frying Pan River also.. Enjoy your trip and best of luck..

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Awesome fishing

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
WCH
Trip is likely a "Last Great Hurrah Trip" for my brother and I based on family cabin and I so the base location on the Conejos is kind of chipped in stone.

IF THE AREA IS NOT SET ON FIRE AND BURNED DOWN BEFORE THE END OF AUGUST

Of course without the Monsoons coming in and changing things, there are likely to be heavy restrictions on access or NONE possible.

I kind of prefer to eat a small brown,brookie or even a stocker aquatic chicken and leave the bigger ones be.
Put a 25" Brownie back in that river years ago and I hope it lived a long and fruitful life.
With the fish caught and returned that evening it goes down in my memory as one of the best days ever spent fishing.
Brookie and browns male in full breeding colors and then at dark the big one.
Real surprise of the day when I had my thumb in the mouth of the big one when he thrashed and I got to realize toothiness grows as does the fish . . . "A Happy Blood Letting"
If you like bluegills, I think you would love the, Redears, "Red Eyes" and Rock Bass too.

Now back to that beautiful Wyoming stream that Snake River Marksman was talking about in the original thread

Last edited by LouisB; 07/05/18.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Alas, despite best intentions no fishing this weekend. Downpours the 4th and 6th blew out everywhere I wanted to fish. SWMBO and I went sightseeing flying Sat and the Potomac was really high and muddy for July. To much so to even go paddle.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Sad that. We hit the creek yesterday. The dinks were hunting in packs. Found the mother of all pools and my brother pulled a nice 12 incher out of it. It was his first time fly fishing.

Stupidity is expensive
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Sounds great.. We have been over run with Greenies, and it seems to be getting worse every year...

Molon Labe
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
So the spare tire in the bed of the truck fell on my cabelas 3 weight and my dads Fenwick 4 weight and broke them both. Luckily I had two antique rods sitting around and honestly, they might be better quality rods than either of those other rods were. Dad sure liked the one he was fishing. Anyway, I feel the need to replace that Cabela's rod and I'm thinking this will do the job: https://www.cabelas.com/product/CABELAS-CGR-II/2459266.uts?slotId=0 I just can't decide on the rod length. the 6'3" 2 weight or the 5'9" 3 weight. I know, I know, this is basically the same question as was being asked in the "gear for small streams" thread. I'm still indecisive.

Do you suppose they have these rods in the stores?
There was a 6'6" 3 weight, Okuma, at sportsmans warehouse the other day for $56.00, I guess that'd be an option too. Decisions Decisions.
Andys first trout
[Linked Image]

Best fish of the day
[Linked Image]

Smallest little stream shark ever
[Linked Image]

Stupidity is expensive
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Those two Cabela's rods are on sale. At that price, rather than fret, buy 'em both. Who knows, you might have another spare tire incident.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pugs
Sigh - I cannot think of anything finer than a small stream and willing trout of any size.

We're headed out to the camp for the 4th and a few days off. I have a little stream up in Bedford County PA that needs a visit. Other things have occupied me this year and I've not fished as much as my soul needs.

Finally got out for a morning of fishing and didn't do much better than that! One 10" brown but at least there were some caddis hatching and better than doing many things and PA in the fall is a pretty place.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
733 members (10gaugemag, 222ND, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,705 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,626
Posts18,398,690
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.