Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
jmh3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Are they still in business? They took all the products off their website and aren’t returning emails.

------------------------
John
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The owner hung it up a couple months ago or thereabouts
Hate it for us. Perhaps someone else will buy it...

I personally love their products and use a 225 gr 338 as my go to bullet for elk. They work outstanding.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is a shame but they are gone. Too close of a design (not identical) as a Swift A-frame which has the same crappy BC but better price and availability.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
jmh3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I just got a reply to my email from John at North Fork. He said the company has been sold and the bullets will be available through a distributor as soon as the new owners get up and running. Maybe they will increase volume and get a little better on the price.

------------------------
John
J
J
Hi
I bought machines and they are on the way to my factory now. In US and Canada Reloading international will be my agent. He already have around 300 boxes in stock and will update his webpage as soon as possible. So this great bullet will still be available

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jorgen_Bostrom
Hi
I bought machines and they are on the way to my factory now. In US and Canada Reloading international will be my agent. He already have around 300 boxes in stock and will update his webpage as soon as possible. So this great bullet will still be available

Fantastic!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you going to offer any High BC Northforks?

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Yes, a higher BC would make these bullets shine even more than they already do.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hate to gild the Lilly but a version with a boat tail and a polymer tip would blow up my bloomers. But the originals are darn good as they are.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Fotis
It is a shame but they are gone. Too close of a design (not identical) as a Swift A-frame which has the same crappy BC but better price and availability.

I suspect you're thinking of the Trophy Bonded Bear Claw, not the Swift A-Frame.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I couldn’t care less about ballistic coefficients in my North Forks. They perform perfectly for their intended purpose as is! They are extremely accurate in my rifles and their terminal performance pretty much parallels being struck by a freight train.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
wonderful!

vires,fortitudo,vigilantia
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Seen a half dozen elk killed with North Forks--all of them 180 gr out of '06 or 300WM. They are very good bullets, but not really better than Partitions or TSXs. At 2x-3x the price, it's probably tough to stay in the market. If a larger company took over and the bullets helped the bottom line it's feasible, but to rely entirely on $60 + a box hunting bullets for a company to survive.....

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
D
D
Hi

Can you provide me with dimension data for the 286 gr .366 semi-spitzer?

I'm using Gordon's Reloading Tool, it only has data for the 250 gr. Going to RSA next August and would like to give your ammo a go in my 9.3x62

Offering free helicopter rides since 1973
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DanielOwenLynch
Hi

Can you provide me with dimension data for the 286 gr .366 semi-spitzer?

I'm using Gordon's Reloading Tool, it only has data for the 250 gr. Going to RSA next August and would like to give your ammo a go in my 9.3x62
Doubt it since that poster hasn't been on here going on 4 years.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Godogs57
I couldn’t care less about ballistic coefficients in my North Forks. They perform perfectly for their intended purpose as is! They are extremely accurate in my rifles and their terminal performance pretty much parallels being struck by a freight train.

Interesting. The same can be said for the 155 Scenar's.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Seems like I bought some around 3 years ago. Did good on a moose.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
The ones I used also did well on an Alberta moose. The bullets were 160s from a 7x57 at around 2675 fps. (Eileen went along to make sure the field-care of the meat was done right....)

Also used the same load and rifle in Africa on several kinds of plains game, where it worked well too.

Got those bullets directly from Mike Grady when he was still making them in Glenrock.

[Linked Image]

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

351 members (1lesfox, 2500HD, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 38 invisible), 1,665 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,062
Posts18,463,354
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.