Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
The Norse got here first ,tho some say the Egyptians did.

Dong Ha Vietnam '67
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I guess the Indians didn’t discover it?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by nmitchell
The Norse got here first ,tho some say the Egyptians did.

not to throw a monkey wrench into the workings, but likely the siberians from east asia discovered america.

then columbus, and maybe even ol leif, and maybe a few egyptians also landed and claimed america as their own.

i like the idea of discovering america, but the idea of invading america is really something to talk about in some detail.

there were already folks here from the siberian countryside; and maybe from extreme south america from polynesia?

i don't know. all i know is what i was told in public school to memorize, to learn, and to use the info to pass a gov't test.

we all must remember that the responsibility of the winners of a Great Battle is that they have to write the memoirs of the effort.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco

The ancestors of the the people we refer to as Indians certainly did not discover North America. There were Europeans here prior to them (Solutreans / Clovis), but they weren't the first either.

Interesting from an anthropological standpoint but entirely moot as it regards who has a claim to the place today.

IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Stickfight

The ancestors of the the people we refer to as Indians certainly did not discover North America. There were Europeans here prior to them (Solutreans / Clovis), but they weren't the first either.

Interesting from an anthropological standpoint but entirely moot as it regards who has a claim to the place today.

the people who claim the land are the folks who have the technology, ideology, and the votes that allow them to do so.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Flipping funny...

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Great show, I remember watching it every week as a kid.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

?? People got here prior to the Siberians coming to Alaska? Who? First I have heard of this. Have any cites to sources? This is interesting, would like to read more about it. I thought the established school of thought was Siberians, then Norse, then Columbus, with unproven speculation about Polynesians and Irish and possibly Chinese visits sprinkled somewhere in the timeline. If an archeological team has proven landfall prior to Siberians, I'd like to read about it. Thanks.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
To the victors goes the history.

Honestly who gives a rats ass. We built it...and that can’t be argued.

God has a plan...that’s all I know

GOD Bless America
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Dunno why the libs are all pissed off at Columbus.

He brought diversity to the Americas.

Diversity is supposed ta be good.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Dunno why the libs are all pissed off at Columbus.

He brought diversity to the Americas.

And PIZZA ! 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
The Indians didn't discover it first. the nurse did,

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The ancestors of the people we refer to as Indians certainly did not discover North America. There were Europeans here prior to them
(Solutreans / Clovis),
but they weren't the first either.

Genetic data shows 80% of native American Indians are actually direct descendants of the Clovis.

2017, evidence of people living in a cave system Yukon Territory western Canada, [Bluefish Caves], may indicate
they left Siberia and arrived at Beringia some 24,000 yrs ago.

but then came Noah and the great biblical flood, right?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Starman

The ancestors of the people we refer to as Indians certainly did not discover North America. There were Europeans here prior to them
(Solutreans / Clovis),
but they weren't the first either.

Genetic data shows 80% of native American Indians are actually direct descendants of the Clovis.

2017, evidence of people living in a cave system Yukon Territory western Canada, [Bluefish Caves], may indicate
they left Siberia and arrived at Beringia some 24,000 yrs ago.

but then came Noah and the great biblical flood, right?

And 98% of statistics are made up on the spot...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20170328-the-first-people-who-populated-the-americas

quote] BBC:

the people who arrived in the Americas – when the ice finally retreated and allowed entry – were genetically different to the individuals
who had left Siberia thousands of years earlier. "Arguably one of the most important parts of the process is what happened in Beringia.
That's when they differentiated from Asians and started becoming Native Americans," says Connie Mulligan of the University of Florida
https://anthro.ufl.edu/mulligan/

quote]

In 2015, a study using more advanced genetic techniques came to a similar conclusion. Rasmus Nielsen of the University of California,
Berkeley, US, and colleagues found that the "vast majority" of Native Americans must have originated from just one colonisation event.
"There's been no turnover or change in the population group as some people had previously hypothesised," says Nielsen.
In fact, about 80% of Native Americans today are direct descendants of the Clovis people,
https://science.sciencemag.org/content/349/6250/aab3884

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Starman, from whence did the clovis people come, pray tell?

allus heard the polynesian bloodlines landed in the south end of south america and spread north.

the american indians met up with them down around Mexico somewheres. just hearsay, i know.

but where there's smoke there might be a bit of fire, sooner or later?

add-in the egyptians, maybe the Vikings, and others.

and when columbus arrived, death came with him.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Never heard of Clovis coming from Europe...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus
Starman, from whence did the clovis people come, pray tell?

allus heard the polynesian bloodlines landed in the south end of south america and spread north.

the american indians met up with them down around Mexico somewheres. just hearsay, i know.

but where there's smoke there might be a bit of fire, sooner or later?

add-in the egyptians, maybe the Vikings, and others. ...

I dont know how much this helps you, but the second link is taken from this Rasmus Nielsen page;
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Rasmus_Nielsen4

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/328815661_Early_human_dispersals_within_the_Americas

scroll down Nielsens page , and you are sure to find additional genetic research of interest.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
The first were the Siberians or paleo-Iindians or Clovis or whatever you want to call them. They came from Asia. They wandered in without inowing they had discovered a new continent.

There may have been other accidental landings but the first known "discovery" was the Norse, about 1000 AD. They made at least one settlement but were soon driven out. They had no lasting effect.

Columbus should get the credit for the real discovery America because his voyages had lasting effects. The "Columbian exchange" not only led to European settlement but a wide interchange of natural rexources and foodstuffs not known between the continents until then. Also diseases. European diseases, previously unknown in the Americas, wiped out almost all the Indians before the Americas were settled.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1234, 11point, 160user, 10ring1, 70 invisible), 3,033 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,336
Posts18,468,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.