24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The following is not suggesting that SandBilly’s angst isn’t misplaced in this thread, but there’s a sizable industry in Texas depicting hunting as an ala carte affair, both ‘high’ and ‘low’ fence. There’s a culture there that seems to recognize game as belonging to the landowner. There’s at least a strong implication in practice. Any implication that game belongs to the landowner radically deviates from much of the rest of the country, where game laws were largely shaped as reaction to pre-revolution colonialism. Wild game was no longer to be the exclusive domain of the crown and would belong to the people.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And SB thinks the rest of the country is exactly like his backyard - which apparently he's never left.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SKane
And SB thinks the rest of the country is exactly like his backyard, which, apparently he's never left.

You at the game?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Waiting for big buck pics or optics details from the SandBilly since where he hunts he needs a single pair, which tells great detail about the hunting he doesn't do....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Just a small sample....

- Greg

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I hear you kingston. I will be the first in line to denounce canned hunts, unfair practices, small HF enclosures where "hunts" are conducted, etc. Texas has it's fair share, and there's no denying that. Fact is lots of other States have them too. I absolutely hate and do not play the paying by the inch, size, pick one out and we'll go shoot it type hunting, but it is legal, and some people do partake, and that's fine by me too. Just call it what it is. The landowners do own the non-native exotics though, in this State, right or wrong that's the law. We are obviously unique in that over 95% is private ground, and if you gain access you stand the chance to have a great time in spite of the circumstances. The BIG advantage to it all is that it keeps the trash out, and there's plenty of that, and I LOVE that aspect of it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I literally intended to avoid this $300 binocular thread from the get go. Like a moth to the flame...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by GregW
Just a small sample....

That's the one that would have sent SB to his playroom, to curl up in a fetal position in the corner.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by SKane
And SB thinks the rest of the country is exactly like his backyard, which, apparently he's never left.

You at the game?

No sir. I really wanted to hear Booger McFarland call the game. whistle whistle

WWP53D
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
This is one I hope to kill in a few weeks with a really good chance of doing so.

Been watching him for a bit. He's an old, old buck. All public land. Fair chase. Tons of time. Will blow your [bleep] mind .

This is one state in the last calendar year. I'll keep going for a looooong time. Talk optics....

- Greg

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Just a small sample....

Sand Billy is probably trying to figure out who and how they so successfully photo-shopped the high fence out of the picture. Even though it appears to maybe be an Arizona picture.

He's an image of what he reads and believes.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hey kingston, the big problem with SB's rant is that he KNOWS he full of crap calling my place canned, and guided. Yet he continues to lie about it, painting a 100% false scenario. It's an indictment on his character. It is 65000 acres, low fenced, a place where these sportsmen you described in your scenario who have this perception of hunting private ground TX, could spend a week here and likely never lay eyes on a mule deer buck, or maybe any deer at all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Just a small sample....

That's the one that would have sent SB to his playroom, to curl up in a fetal position in the corner.

Jesus, that buck makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and suck my thumb.

What a beast.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Exotics bought and bred would be property, just like livestock. The issue is charging a graduated trophy fee or being limited by a land owner as to what quality wild game one is ‘allowed’ to shoot. Then there’s the tag-along ‘guide’ who’s there to throttle and cashier your hunt. The whole thing just feels super cheap and, from my perspective as an outsider who’s “hunted” Texas, it’s pertnear pervasive.

Alas, we digress.

Back to budget optics...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Just a small sample....

Sand Billy is probably trying to figure out who and how they so successfully photo-shopped the high fence out of the picture. Even though it appears to maybe be an Arizona picture.

He's an image of what he reads and believes.

You’re a [bleep] moron. Stfu before you hurt yourself.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Just a small sample....

Jesus, that buck makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and suck my thumb.

What a beast.

Obviously not Greg’s buck. Badass buck, tho. What it score?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey kingston, the big problem with SB's rant is that he KNOWS he full of crap calling my place canned, and guided. Yet he continues to lie about it, painting a 100% false scenario. It's an indictment on his character. It is 65000 acres, low fenced, a place where these sportsmen you described in your scenario who have this perception of hunting private ground TX, could spend a week here and likely never lay eyes on a mule deer buck, or maybe any deer at all.

Stop it, already. Quit acting like you do something special. You’re fake.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

This sounds totally legit and real and fun. I didn’t intend to disparage your very real experience—not in any way.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You know you're a chronic liar. Deal with it. Where's your pics huntress?

Last edited by JGRaider; 10/14/19.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Just a small sample....

What a beast.

If this image doesn’t inspire a little therapeutic onanism...

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
347 members (160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 37 invisible), 1,999 guests, and 909 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,962
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.