Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#14196185 10/11/19
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It was time for something different for my daily carry LC9S. For most of the last 2 years I've been carrying in a Sticky, and It works well enough for what it is. But even hitching your jeans higher with a sticky can require some care.

I don't buy stuff like I used to. There was a time that If I felt need that a check went out and the brown truck came. But I've been pondering this one for 6 months or better and it's so cheap it's almost free.

I kinda wanted another alien gear rig. But with the alien gear for my sig I am limited in pants selection to looser fit. Despite that the AG rig is supremely comfortable and secure.

There's a number of highly touted rigs that just aren't made for the LC9S. I watched some videos, read some reviews. Should have the CYA by late next week.

Shoulda checked here first but the CYA really is inexpensive. Anybody here used one?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have used a CYA IWB for my S&W Shield for a while. No problems. All in all, a good kydex-like holster. American made, veteran owned and a lifetime warranty.

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Have you had experience getting the holstered pistol on and off your belt?

Fer instance like you were in the car and just got someplace you can not take your pistol into?

"Chances Will Be Taken"

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
No problems removing it at all. The belt clip is flexible enough to allow you to slip it over the belt for removal of the holstered pistol.

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Cool

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B2

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Took delivery on the CYA on Friday. Here's the 72 hour review...

Took it out of the package andI gotta say it looked good, albeit with a somewhat clunky looking plastic belt clip. Overall it looks a fair bit thinner, with the LC9S in it, than the Sticky holster I've been using. The finish is slick as well and it is easy to insert it in my waistband behind the hip.

Upon opening I unloaded the Ruger and slid it into the holster. CLICK. Tried to pull it back out. Hmmm...
With my thumb wrapped around the belt clip I vigorously pulled and twisted until I struggled the pistol out of the holster. OK, it won't fall out. I put the pistol back in and put the holster in my belt, behind the hip bone. Tried to draw it out and there was just no way. Thought I'd stretch my belt first.

But the retention is screw adjustable, and with an allen wrench I turned the screw out first a half turn and then a full turn. The pistol still clicks audibly upon holstering, and retention is still good. Draw from ,my 4 oclock position is easy. Reholstering is easy despite my well fed midsection.

The clunky plastic belt clip?
Works great for getting a holstered pistol in place on your belt. Easily and securely grabs the belt it's stuck into.
It's also easy to get it out of your belt with a finger hooked below the bottom of the clip and slight pressure out and up.
Not an issue all weekend as I went back and forth doing my daily routines. But today I got into the dentist chair. I'm bigger than the average guy, and lots of chairs don't fit right. I was OK through the exam and cleaning, but when I tried to stand the belt clip was hung on the fold out armrest. A quick wiggle and I was free, but the hygienist commented that my phone must have been caught. My phone was in my tshirt pocket.

Overall, after 3 days I like it and glad I got it.
As to the dental chair, there was a slight issue, but then I wouldn't have even worn a pistol in a Sticky holster in that setting. They're sticky, but not THAT sticky.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
And go figure...

I paid like 2$ extra for the Carbon Fiber finish on something that I don't ever want anyone to see...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by johnw
And go figure...

I paid like 2$ extra for the Carbon Fiber finish on something that I don't ever want anyone to see...

Lol. Glad it's working for you. smile

Now try not to keel nobody. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

442 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 35 invisible), 2,293 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,494
Posts18,452,390
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.