Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I dont see the info on that in the posts, anything definite yet on date n place? Mel

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
RAS is hosting in Escanaba, MI., sometime mid-summer. I think that is all we know at this time.

Thinking about making a return visit? Would be good to see you again.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He's been a very busy man. I'm sure he'll let us know as soon as he can. Really looking forward to this one, as I've got some ties to the Escanaba area and am looking forward to this get together.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Hope to attend this event next summer. Haven't seen the gang since I attended the fest that Southern Wi Savage hosted years ago. Hopefully my friend from WI can attend with me- she's driving from the Milwaukee area. Unfortunately, no Hawaiian style chicken , I'm too old for that ( : Mel

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey guys. Still working on details but it is going to be here in Escanaba. Lots of other stuff to do here that is really fun. Fishing is big. I am going to throw in a range visit for those that want to let some Savages bark a little. Ask gophergunner about the area too.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by melchung
Hope to attend this event next summer. Haven't seen the gang since I attended the fest that Southern Wi Savage hosted years ago. Hopefully my friend from WI can attend with me- she's driving from the Milwaukee area. Unfortunately, no Hawaiian style chicken , I'm too old for that ( : Mel

Mel, You could fly in to Milwaukee and meet your friend. Escanaba is ~220mi/3.5hr. north. Most of the drive is on the shore of Lake Michigan.

"Every day above ground is a good day."
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'd like to see the UP. I've heard a lot about it, but would probably have to fly. Which would be a bummer since I couldn't bring any Savages.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wyo1895
I'd like to see the UP. I've heard a lot about it, but would probably have to fly. Which would be a bummer since I couldn't bring any Savages.

Rather have you there, with or without any guns.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Rather have you there, with or without any guns.

Send one or two ahead to RAS and they'll be waiting for you.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'll have to think about it.

wyo1895
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Not sure what you meant by couldn't bring any of your Savages ??

"You may transport unloaded firearms in a locked hard-sided container as checked baggage only. Declare the firearm and/or ammunition to the airline when checking your bag at the ticket counter. The container must completely secure the firearm from being accessed. Locked cases that can be easily opened are not permitted. Be aware that the container the firearm was in when purchased may not adequately secure the firearm when it is transported in checked baggage."

Savage99F358

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
If Joe goes, I'll go. That, or I'll hook up with Oldotter on the way, even though we may end up in Albuquerque.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Savage99F358

Not sure what you meant by couldn't bring any of your Savages ??Savage99F358

I think he was talking about his Savage display. On the back wall. smile
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Every day above ground is a good day."
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
If Joe goes, I'll go. That, or I'll hook up with Oldotter on the way, even though we may end up in Albuquerque.

Come on Gary, our bags and beer would fill the GT. Unless you have one of those miniature teardrop trailers?

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I could bring at least two on the plane. My idea of taking 99's to a show is 20 or 30 or even more. In other words driving there.

wyo1895
[email protected]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RAS
Hey guys. Still working on details but it is going to be here in Escanaba. Lots of other stuff to do here that is really fun. Fishing is big. I am going to throw in a range visit for those that want to let some Savages bark a little. Ask gophergunner about the area too.

Our plan is to rent a cabin on Little Bay De Noc for a week once we get some dates. A pending job change for me might change that, but this is my plan. I'm hoping, once we get some dates shored up, to see if there's others staying for more than just the Fest, and possibly lining up a group charter fishing trip on Lake Michigan.

Beautiful country up there guys, and the nicest folks you'd ever want to meet. I'd strongly suggest others consider making a week's vacation out of this guys. You can't even begin to scratch the surface of what the U.P. has to offer in one week. Great fishing, stunning scenery, and no end of stuff to do.

I spent two summers up in the Escanaba-Rapid River area, with time also spent up the north shore of Lake Michigan, all the way up through Iron Mountain, Iron River, and up to Copper Harbor and the Porcupine Moutains, which offers just absolutely stunning scenery. Seriously guys, consider making a week out of this.

There's lots of resorts in the Escanaba/Rapid River area with all kinds of lodging options. The fishing charter with some of our members would be lots of fun. I'll be taking my boat up with me and could get some guys out in that too. Little Bay De Noc is a very good fishing area without venturing out on the big lake.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Fishing sounds fun for those that don't suffer from sea sickness.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems like it would be fun with this group.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

I'm giving this some serious thought as well. I'm definitely going to make Joe's Pa Rendezvous, (if he has a third annual). And, if this gathering were to be either immediately before or after, I'm in. I think it was the prospect of some range time and the fishing that put me over the edge.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
It will be the Fourth Annual Pennsylvania Rendezvous. Next year promises to be a bang-up year for we Savage guys! Can't wait for both events!

Aside from lake fishing, which is ok but not my cuppa tea, any decent trout streams nearby? (Shades of Robert Traver and "Trout Madness"!) I'll throw a split cane fly rod in my duffle if so.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,094 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,078
Posts18,463,841
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.