-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a pair of Muck Arctics that I used at work for over a year and now I wear them shore fishing Pyramid Lake and they are still like new. Company bought them for us, then changed policy and we could take them home. THANKS!!! Anywho, I love them.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Do Muck boots run true to size?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Have had nothing but LaCrosse for many years, but I do feel that their quality has slipped some in recent years as well. I have a pair of the Grange model which I bought before a colleague recommended their rubber snakeboot. I'm on my second pair of those, and have the old style burleys and the big chief hip boots as well. First pair of snake boots developed cracks after about a year of hard use, and the hip boots seem flimsy with little lateral support. Old style burleys seem okay still and are more than adequate for the mild winters of eastern NC.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I have a pair of Rocky's that must be 20 + years old. They have not worn out because I never wear them hunting. The right boot flexes on every step and the rubber releases and makes a "flup flup flup" sound.

Imagine what the deer are saying:

"Hey Fred, hear that? Here come's 'Ol Flup Flup" again! hahahaha"

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave

If you are looking for a new pair, take a look at "dryshod". The original inventor of mucks is working with them now.

Interesting. I see the Outdoorsman in Fargo is a dealer for them.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Do Muck boots run true to size?

Get one size down. Seems to be the case with any rubber boot.

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
I just ordered a pair of Muck Fieldblazer II boots. They are supposed to be here Wednesday. Update to follow.
Thanks for the suggestions,

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Muck woody max are some warm boots but I only get 3 years out of them . Lacrosse seems to last longer for me personally either will work .

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've got a pair of uninsulated Muck's rubber shoes. The sole pulled away from the toe of one shoe after very little wear.(repaired it with Gorilla glue)

Other than that, I truly believe that they're colder than going barefoot. Rubber get's *cold*.

They're comfortable for a pair of rubber shoes. But I expected better quality for the $70 I paid for them.

Maybe the insulated models are okay for winter wear. But the uninsulated models are warm weather shoes.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
If those lasted 20 years, why not get another pair? They seemed to last a while

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by lastround
I’ve had a pair of Muck boots for almost 20 years. Couldn’t ask for a rubber boot to be any better, but they are about done. I’ll replace them with another pair of Muck’s.

If your mucks are 20 yrs old then you have a pair from the first year of production in 1999. The company was sold in 2003 and it's my personal belief that current offerings aren't what they used to be.

If you are looking for a new pair, take a look at "dryshod". The original inventor of mucks is working with them now.

Yeah, same issue for me Dave.

Just bought a pair of insulated Bog's ! They feel like the original Mucks.

Only time will tell.

Definitely going to need them this deer season.

This is what I got;

[Linked Image from bogsfootwear.ca]

The Bogs® Classic High is your all-round hunting boot built for warmth and comfort. Constructed with durable hand-lasted rubber and 7mm Neo-Tech insulation. Comfort rated from temperate to cold conditions. The upper reaches high and is absolutely waterproof so you can wade through creeks and sink into snowdrifts without a second thought.

100% Waterproof
Durable hand-lasted rubber and a four way stretch inner bootie
Classic mossy oak patterned overlay
Non-slip, non-marking and self-cleaning outsole
Aegis antimicrobial odor protection insole with scent elimination
Comfort rated from temperate to Arctic (-40*F) conditions
Constructed with 7mm waterproof Neo-Tech
Height: 15”
Circumference at calf 16"
Weight 4lbs per pair
Available in sizes 7-18
100% satisfaction guaranteed

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have two pair mucks , They’ve held up well for me I had Insulated pair about 10 years, non-insulated about six.picked up a pair of Boggs last year, the Boggs fit me better So they’re a little more comfortable on my feet.I don’t know how well they’re going to last, time will tell.

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Muck Field blazer II boots arrived Wednesday. I wear a 13 in tennis shoes, so I ordered size 12 boots. They fit perfectly. I'm going bowhunting for a few days next week. I'll let you know how they work.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Muck are good but my last pair died quickly.

Schnees are good but pricey. I had my old pair rebuilt for $100.

I wear boots A LOT.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Muck boots here for 6 months of the year, both hunting and when working on farm/ranch part-time. Have tried:

Fieldblazer
Wetlands
Arctic Pro

They're all great. I still prefer to hunt in running shoes/sneakers though whenever possible.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by lastround
I’ve had a pair of Muck boots for almost 20 years. Couldn’t ask for a rubber boot to be any better, but they are about done. I’ll replace them with another pair of Muck’s.

If your mucks are 20 yrs old then you have a pair from the first year of production in 1999. The company was sold in 2003 and it's my personal belief that current offerings aren't what they used to be.

Yeah, same issue for me Dave.

Just bought a pair of insulated Bog's ! They feel like the original Mucks.

Only time will tell.

Definitely going to need them this deer season.

This is what I got;

[Linked Image from bogsfootwear.ca]

The Bogs® Classic High is your all-round hunting boot built for warmth and comfort. Constructed with durable hand-lasted rubber and 7mm Neo-Tech insulation. Comfort rated from temperate to cold conditions. The upper reaches high and is absolutely waterproof so you can wade through creeks and sink into snowdrifts without a second thought.

100% Waterproof
Durable hand-lasted rubber and a four way stretch inner bootie
Classic mossy oak patterned overlay
Non-slip, non-marking and self-cleaning outsole
Aegis antimicrobial odor protection insole with scent elimination
Comfort rated from temperate to Arctic (-40*F) conditions
Constructed with 7mm waterproof Neo-Tech
Height: 15”
Circumference at calf 16"
Weight 4lbs per pair
Available in sizes 7-18
100% satisfaction guaranteed

I snagged a pair of dry shod last week. I've worn them a couple times now, they seem to be more substantial in construction compared to muck, so far so good. Pricing is on par with much offerings that are visually less impressive in overall construction.

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It's got ta be da facebooks listenin again !

Saw an ad for your Dry Shods last night on Wild TV (Canadian outdoor channel) !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
For those of you that mentioned buying various different brands of rubber boots last fall, how are they holding up? Do you like them? Pros/Cons?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been happy with the Kamiks I bought for less than most.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Maybe the insulated models are okay for winter wear. But the uninsulated models are warm weather shoes.

Well, duh.

Insulated Mucks are fantastic.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 16penny, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 45 invisible), 2,711 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,514
Posts18,452,673
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.