Campfire Tracker
W
Nah. I’ll be moose hunting.

So I voted last Saturday.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I voted on my lunch hour last Friday, it's not like I'm going to change my mind on whom I'm voting for. The early voting option sure seems to be getting more popular.

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I as well voted early. If you like your guns vote conservative.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck neighbors!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
And now, a flashback from 1984. The Rhinoceros Party. Another reason to vote.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
A cursory look at Wikipedia turned up these. And yes, they are, or were, actual political parties!

The Pirate Party of Canada (French: Parti Pirate du Canada, abbreviated as the PPCA)

It was a minor party in federal Canadian politics. Founded in 2009, the party officially registered with Elections Canada in 2010. The PPCA was modelled on the Swedish Pirate Party and advocates intellectual property reform, privacy protection, network neutrality and greater government openness. No member of the party was elected to Parliament. The party officially deregistered on November 30, 2017.

[Linked Image from upload.wikimedia.org]

Natural Law Party of Canada

The Natural Law Party of Canada (NLPC) was the Canadian branch of the international Natural Law Party founded in 1992 by a group of educators, business leaders, and lawyers who practised Transcendental Meditation. The NLPC supported federal funding for further research in the technique of yogic flying, a part of the TM-Sidhi program, as a tool for achieving world peace. The NLPC platform maintained that once it took over the government, Canada's crime, unemployment, and deficit would disappear.

The magician Doug Henning was senior vice president of NLPC, and ran as the party's candidate for the former Toronto riding of Rosedale in the 1993 federal election, finishing sixth out of ten candidates.

Republican Party (Canada) and the Republican Party of Canada

We had two Republican parties. The US only had one.

The Parti Republicain/Republican Party was a Quebec-based Canadian political party that existed from 1964 to 1971. They nominated two candidates in by-elections held on 31 May 1971. In Chambly riding, leader Claude Longtin won 396 votes, (1.6% of the total), and in Trois-Rivières, Joseph Thibodeau won 170 votes (0.6%). Neither man was elected.

The Republican Party should not to be confused with The Republican Party of Canada. They were two separate entities. This second body, the Republican Party of Canada, was founded in 1967. It nominated two candidates in the 1968 federal election in Vancouver: Gerald Guejon won 420 votes (0.9% of the total) in Vancouver Centre, and Robert Hein won 175 votes (0.5%) in Vancouver Quadra.

It appears that the second Republican Party, formed in 1967, still exists - perhaps as a satirical party. https://robcarbone.com

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Here's what Elections Canada has to say about Monday's election.

https://elections.ca/content.aspx?section=ele&dir=2019ge&document=index&lang=e

And here's something that intrigued me. Of the many, um...unique things that Elections Canada does, here's another. New, improved ballots! Isn't that wonderful? It makes you proud to pay your taxes.

The old (inferior) ballot is on the left. The greatly improved, new ballot is on the right. Well done!

[Linked Image from elections.ca]...[Linked Image from elections.ca]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
The Wife and I have already Pre Voted ! Both for Andrew Scheer and the Conserative Party ! RJ

375 H&H The Real KING of 375 's
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Today is erection day, according to an Asian fellow I heard on CBC. His accent aside, his description seemed accurate. We are going to get stiffed today, and won't get kissed.

This is appropriate. Bare Naked Ladies sing, Pinch Me! Ed said to me, "It's this notion that you know things are good, but they're just not good for you."

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B3

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My entire family voted Conservative, and anyone who owns guns and loves Canada and its sovereignty and the freedoms that come with it will vote for freedom too. Trudeau will follow the UN and we will be globalized completely in the next 4 years if Trudeau wins.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My family all voted. Conservative of course. It's a bad feeling when our votes in the west really don't matter much

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
All the Canadians are scurrying back and forth voting for the Greens or the NDP or the Marxist-Leninists...or someone.

According to Elections Canada, says about 27.4 million people are eligible to vote. There are approximately 20,000 polling places across the country.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 338Rules, 16penny, 907brass, 13 invisible), 1,189 guests, and 815 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,057
Posts18,463,234
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.