Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The prisoners were released because nobody wants the expense of keeping them.
Nobody in the Middle East, nobody in Europe, nobody at the UN. Why should I care.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
You can buy a ticket and fly over and help the Kurds

Frogging weak coward

Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Just another consequence of Trump playing to his own self interests instead of the National Best Interests.

I wonder if Turkey will throw in a tax break on his Istanbul twin trump towers?

You guys will talk yourselves into anything to continue believing in trump while he sells out our country.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Sycamore how many tours in the military did you or kids do in the Middle East wars?

Originally Posted by Sycamore
https://www.foxnews.com/world/syria-isis-supporters-escape-camp-kurds

Hundreds of ISIS supporters escape camp in Syria as Turkish troops approach, Kurds say.

Hundreds of people affiliated with the Islamic State escaped a camp where they were being held on Sunday after Turkish forces approached the Kurdish-held town, Kurdish officials said.

About 950 ISIS-connected foreigners managed to leave the camp, located in Ain Eissa, roughly 20 miles south of the border, after detainees apparently attacked the camp's guards and gates and fled, the Kurdish-led administration said in a statement.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, based in Britain, said Turkish warplanes struck villages near the camp on Sunday. They didn't provide the exact number of residents who fled the camp, but said clashes broke out between Turkey-backed Syrian fighters and Kurdish forces.

Roughly 12,000 people, including nearly 1,000 foreign women with links to ISIS and their children, live in the camp. The town of Ain Eissa is also home to one of the largest U.S.-led coalition bases in northeastern Syria.

The Kurdish forces, who partnered with the U.S. in the fight against ISIS, say they may not be able to maintain detention facilities holding thousands of militants as they struggle to stem the Turkish advance.

Turkish forces have been pushing toward the town as part of their offensive against Kurdish-led forces — fighters which Turkey believes are terrorists because of their links to the insurgency in its southeast. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Friday that Turkey won't stop until the Syrian Kurdish forces withdraw at least 20 miles from the border.

Turkey launched an operation to carve out a "safe zone" along the border earlier this week after President Trump moved U.S. forces aside, saying he was committed to getting out of America's "endless" wars.

The Trump administration has been criticized for abandoning the Kurds, who have been steadfast allies in the five-year-long fight against the ISIS terror group.

On Saturday, the president announced the release of $50 million in aid to human rights groups and other aid organizations in Syria in an apparent attempt to counter the criticism he's received about the pullout.

“Other presidents would not be doing that, they’d be spending a lot more money but on things that wouldn’t make you happy," Trump said while addressing a gala dinner. "The U.S. condemns the persecution of Christians and we pledge our support to Christians all over.

Fox News' Morgan Phillips and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Just another consequence of Trump playing to his own self interests instead of the National Best Interests.

You guys will talk yourselves into anything to continue believing in trump while he sells out our country.

Agreed. Trump is a disaster. We're playing right into Putin's hands. Nice!!!

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
The damage they would so now. Let give me the deal, most of y'all would say it inhumane.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka

Sycamore how many tours in the military did you or kids do in the Middle East wars?

Hundreds of ISIS supporters escape camp in Syria as Turkish troops approach, Kurds say.

Hundreds of people affiliated with the Islamic State escaped a camp where they were being held on Sunday after Turkish forces approached the Kurdish-held town, Kurdish officials said.

About 950 ISIS-connected foreigners managed to leave the camp, located in Ain Eissa, roughly 20 miles south of the border, after detainees apparently attacked the camp's guards and gates and fled, the Kurdish-led administration said in a statement.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, based in Britain, said Turkish warplanes struck villages near the camp on Sunday. They didn't provide the exact number of residents who fled the camp, but said clashes broke out between Turkey-backed Syrian fighters and Kurdish forces.

Roughly 12,000 people, including nearly 1,000 foreign women with links to ISIS and their children, live in the camp. The town of Ain Eissa is also home to one of the largest U.S.-led coalition bases in northeastern Syria.

The Kurdish forces, who partnered with the U.S. in the fight against ISIS, say they may not be able to maintain detention facilities holding thousands of militants as they struggle to stem the Turkish advance.

Turkish forces have been pushing toward the town as part of their offensive against Kurdish-led forces — fighters which Turkey believes are terrorists because of their links to the insurgency in its southeast. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Friday that Turkey won't stop until the Syrian Kurdish forces withdraw at least 20 miles from the border.

Turkey launched an operation to carve out a "safe zone" along the border earlier this week after President Trump moved U.S. forces aside, saying he was committed to getting out of America's "endless" wars.

The Trump administration has been criticized for abandoning the Kurds, who have been steadfast allies in the five-year-long fight against the ISIS terror group.

On Saturday, the president announced the release of $50 million in aid to human rights groups and other aid organizations in Syria in an apparent attempt to counter the criticism he's received about the pullout.

“Other presidents would not be doing that, they’d be spending a lot more money but on things that wouldn’t make you happy," Trump said while addressing a gala dinner. "The U.S. condemns the persecution of Christians and we pledge our support to Christians all over.

Fox News' Morgan Phillips and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

more DD-214's in our house than in Trumps....way more if you want to include parents, grandparents and kids....amazing, ain't it?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
The Russians never miss a chance to get themselves entangled with the Middle east. they are gonna get burned making deals with these people, Putin is way too cocky.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paddler

Agreed. Trump is a disaster. We're playing right into Putin's hands. Nice!!!

Better Putin than any scumbag democrap.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
consider who is against this and what the realities are and you might think differently. The new chairman of the Joint Chiefs reminded everyone on Thursday that our actual ally, Turkey, had been a NATO ally for the past 70 years. On Sunday, the new secretary of defense gently corrected his Sunday news show host, when she casually referred to our YPG partners as allies. “The Kurds have been very good partners,” the secretary affirmed. There’s a difference between a 70-year ally and a regional partner, no matter how distasteful you find your ally’s actions to be or how loyal you believe your partner to be.

Link to a great article...
link

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The entire region is shackled by the Muslim adage that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." Ties and alliances are so twisted and tangled among splinter groups that aligning the US with ANY of them is sure to cause friction - if not actual conflict - with one or more of the others. The situation gets even more complicated when alliances with other countries and treaty organizations come into play.

Obama did what he did best: he announced a grandiose plan that cured all ailments, but which in reality did nothing. Or made everything worse. Examples are legion.

There really is no way out of this for us or Russia, except by voiding a lot of long-held alliances and allowing the whole region to self-destruct. And that's not a good plan, either.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
consider who is against this and what the realities are and you might think differently. The new chairman of the Joint Chiefs reminded everyone on Thursday that our actual ally, Turkey, had been a NATO ally for the past 70 years. On Sunday, the new secretary of defense gently corrected his Sunday news show host, when she casually referred to our YPG partners as allies. “The Kurds have been very good partners,” the secretary affirmed. There’s a difference between a 70-year ally and a regional partner, no matter how distasteful you find your ally’s actions to be or how loyal you believe your partner to be.

link

This is the reality. People don't seem to get the strategic relationionship we've had with the Turks that goes back to early Cold War era. I'm still waiting for someone who doesn't like this "abandonment of the Kurds" explain to me how they are anything but the Middle Eastern version of Basque Separatists.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Why were they allowed to live in the first place???

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Dumb question. How should we have pulled out of Syria?

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I saw that the Turks are shooting Kurdish prisoners. Does that mean they are shooting Kurds taken prisoner or shooting the prisoners abandoned by the Kurds?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
America's foreign policy in the Middle East has been one of intentional destabilization ever since Bush and the neocons invaded Iraq.

The neocons who still inhabit D.C. want to do the same in Syria and Iran.

The intent is to stir the place up so much that the U.S. has to initiate a major war in the Middle East.

It's an insane policy that could very well result in a nuclear exchange.

I'll leave it to you to figure out who benefits.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
The entire region is shackled by the Muslim adage that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." Ties and alliances are so twisted and tangled among splinter groups that aligning the US with ANY of them is sure to cause friction - if not actual conflict - with one or more of the others. The situation gets even more complicated when alliances with other countries and treaty organizations come into play.

Obama did what he did best: he announced a grandiose plan that cured all ailments, but which in reality did nothing. Or made everything worse. Examples are legion.

There really is no way out of this for us or Russia, except by voiding a lot of long-held alliances and allowing the whole region to self-destruct. And that's not a good plan, either.

This a pretty good summery of the problem. My question is why do we care now that we have our own oil supply? If Europe of China wants the oil, let them try and maintain peace. Just shut off the flow of people from the mid east to the US. I just don't think it's in the best interest of the US to be involved in anything in the mideast region.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hatari

link

This is the reality. People don't seem to get the strategic relationionship we've had with the Turks that goes back to early Cold War era. I'm still waiting for someone who doesn't like this "abandonment of the Kurds" explain to me how they are anything but the Middle Eastern version of Basque Separatists.

Not to mention the fact Trump has ONCE AGAIN co-opted the hapless democraps. Now he has them in favor of supporting war in the Middle East! smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Not to mention the fact Trump has ONCE AGAIN co-opted the hapless democraps. Now he has them in favor of supporting war in the Middle East! smile

They always have. At least they know not to question it.

Tulsi Gabbard came out against America's involvement in the Middle East and they banned her from the following debate.

Now they're letting her participate,...but they don't allow her any air time.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Gabbard is a n ignorant pretentious C U N T who oversells her REMF "warrior" status as bad as John Kerry did...She got "banned" because she doesn't have the numbers. PERIOD.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Gabbard is a n ignorant pretentious C U N T who oversells her REMF "warrior" status as bad as John Kerry did...She got "banned" because she doesn't have the numbers. PERIOD.

She got banned because she's against America's involvement in the Middle East.

Basically, she's being "Ron Paul'ed". If it started looking like she had popular support, she'd start getting hammered just like Trump is.

Presidential candidates aren't allowed to question the deep state's activities in the Middle East.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,320
Posts18,468,433
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.