Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Limapapa
The primers arent even close to flattened, no engraving of the extractor on the rim. No signs of overpressure on the shell. If it were a side by side I'd say for sure it was a stuck wad obstruction at mid barrel, but I'm not familiar with the pressure curve on these semi-autos. Are they gas operated? Keep us posted.

The count right now is
1 pump SXP
2 Gas autos SX4 & Remington
3 Inertia autos SBE's
The photos of the guns were taken at a gunsmiths shop. There was no barrel obstructions in those guns.
First shot out of the box.
The SXP could chamber another round after a squib load but the SBE's would never cycle another round after a dud. The gas SX4 may try and cycle after a squib but it probably stove pipe.
There is no new news about the lot number or anything. I think the guy's lawyers told them to STFU and get off the internet.
We're down to phone calls and text messages.
Best advice, if you have some set them aside for now and buy a couple boxes of Federals (my fave but get something other than Kent or Rio).
So far there has been no serious injures other than shredded fingers on their left gloves and sore bruised fingers.
I find it scary, imagine being in a blind with your buddy. A small group of ducks circle your deeks, you give a call and they drop the flaps and drop in. You both shoulder your guns and tap the triggers and BOTH guns blow up!
Talk about fugging up your hunt and season. The move is on now and these poor guys guns are toast.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

It reminds me of the German artillery battery at Brecourt Manor.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

Talk about fugging up your hunt and season. The move is on now and these poor guys guns are toast.

One would hope they have back up guns. Good to know they saved their fingers.

I agree, it can't be stuck wads in two guns or barrel obstructions in general - unless someone was effing with their guns somehow.

Thanks for posting this.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
.."something other than Kent or Rio." What's up with Rio?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rifletom

Yes, what's this about Rio? They're not manufactured at the same facility are they?
Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Tag

Semper Fi

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Scary that it’s blowing barrels on the first shot.
Found the shells I had that had a recall, it was Hevi-shot Heavy Metal, 3” 12 gauge 1 1/4 oz BB, 1500 FPS.
The wads would split on ignition, loosing enough pressure that sometimes the wad wouldn’t exit the barrel. Couldn’t find a date on the box, probably 10 years old or so.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
If Lawyers are involved we can say goodbye to Kent. The vultures are circling.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
No word today.
I should mention that our little Facebook group is only 168 hard core waterfowl hunting members. Nobody is a noob.
Six major problems out of only 168 people? I wonder how many other hunters this has happened to?

Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by rifletom

Yes, what's this about Rio? They're not manufactured at the same facility are they?
Geno

+3 on the "What's up with Rio?" Just bought a case of their steel #4's for duck season because they pattern well in my Benelli...

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
That is scary as hell, I reload my own lead for Doves. I guess you can roll your own steel shotshells??

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hanco
That is scary as hell, I reload my own lead for Doves. I guess you can roll your own steel shotshells??

One can and I have.
The problem is that even with special steel shot charge bars the drop with larger steel pellets is very inconsistent. You're best off hand weighing each load. The components are expensive. Special steel wads are crazy expensive compared to a AA target wad. The expense to put together a decent load is 95% of what a box of Winchester Super X, Federal Speed Shock, if you have good hulls. Add in the amount of time to roll up 10 boxes and it really doesn't make sense. I can use that time doing maintenance to my Deeks,waders, boat, motor, truck and the many other things that got fugged up on the last weekend hunt.
Federal and Winchester shot shell have never let me down.
I do hand roll 2-3 boxes of custom 20G ITX-10 #6 loads for my old 20 g SxS. It's fun dropping ducks with that thing like I did when I was a kid shooting lead #6

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
whackem,

Is this happening with just the 1-3/8 oz loads?

Jeff

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
While my group has been lucky enough not to deal with these extreme issues, we all pretty much abandoned Kent over the last couple of years as they’re an extremely dirty shell. Some of our guys have gone to the Rio shells, no issues.

Like DakotaDeer, I’m a fan of Fiocchi.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
To be clear, I'm only a fan of a specific loading in the Fiocchi line:

1 1/5 ounce, 3" 1550fps plated steel
#3 for ducks only
#2 for mixed bag ducks, pheasants, geese

Sold by Runnings as "Dakota Country", by Scheels as "max" something or other, and by other retailers sometimes as "Warlocks".

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anymore info on this?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,915 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,357
Posts18,468,926
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.