Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
VernAK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Any recommendations on a snow camo insulated parka/coat for winter predator hunting?

Natural Gear looks like it'd work but they don't ship to Foreign Countries like Alaska.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Having h hunted in northern MN and the Dakotas, I find a light cover camo better than buying an insulated outfit. Your under outfit can be of better quality and worn all the time just using an easily packed cover suit when needed. I have cover pants but rarely use them, on a stand my legs are usually below a predators line of sight. Sitting on my skis or snowshoes my legs are post holed down in the snow.

I don't wear the bottoms on my ghillie suit either for the same reason. You can get a winter ghillie suit from Allpredatorcalls.com.

Link

https://allpredatorcalls.com/kill-suit-3d-strip-wicked-woods-snow-fabric-lined-apc005s/

Last edited by erich; 10/09/19.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The coverup coat that Cabelas sells for snow goose hunting works well also.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I also recommend alight snow camo outfit that fits over heavier clothes. Works well for me coyote calling b

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dale06
I also recommend alight snow camo outfit that fits over heavier clothes. Works well for me coyote calling b

+ 3 on a large light weight camo cover over regular winter coat. I use Gamehide coat and pants, and depending on the spot, may wear dark camo pants or no camo, mix and match to whatever fits the background, be it a snow free stump, low drift with dark brush above, etc.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use a military over white cover over my Carhartts when it is cold out. Doesn't look real sexy, but does the trick. Got it on ebay for a few bucks, can double as a ghost costume on Halloween, lol. I also have a Kings camo thick fleece jacket that works ok when it's not too cold and the Delta wind isn't blowing.

VernAK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks all!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I use the Kings outfitter white camo and stay very warm in it.

Relive your memories,take a kid hunting and fishing
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
+4 on a lightweight outer layer.
I have a hoodie and pants that my wife made, both solid white
And I have a purchased hoodie/pants white with a gray/brown camo pattern

Both are lightweight and are worn over appropriate for the weather under clothes.

NRA Patron
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
VernAK:

Buy a white coverall in XL/XXL made of Tyvek (for painting) at Menards, Lowes, or Home Depot - they cost less than $10.00. Wear your current warm weather clotyhes underneat; it cuts the wind and keeps you super warm, also it is watherproof and lasts all year. These have worked well for me below 0.....

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For Predator hunting in the snow. I bought the Military surplus snow poncho frim Midway a few years ago. Russian I think. It is a durable cotton with light green blob camo. I have stood out in the open with a whole herd of deer walk right up to me. Take a seat in snow covered sage or Junipers and you disappear. I wear it over my regular camo. It also is good for waterfowl. But the shotgun can get interfered with while shooting. I also have US military surplus Snow over pants. I think both pieces and the snow camo face mask was under $50

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Natural Gear Cover Up - overwhites/uninsulated. (Amazon?) Layer as needed underneath. I treat mine with DWR to stay dry.

Gamehide makes a great headcover that matches well.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
U
U
Originally Posted by 1lessdog
I use the Kings outfitter white camo and stay very warm in it.

I've been using the same setup in MT and ND for several years. I like having access to my pockets and never found the pocket arrangement to be very user friendly on any of the white coverups I have tried.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (1lessdog, 1minute, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 58 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,564
Posts18,453,755
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.