Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Put a can or bottle on the floor and roll the arch of your foot back and forth on it a few times a day. It will stretch it out and it will go away. That is what a surgeon told me to do or he would do surgery that had extremely painful recovery and healing. Then I would have to do physical therapy afterwards.

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lose weight. Do not get out of bed without stretching it first. Roll it on a bottle or tennis ball. Custom inserts are expensive I found walk fit inserts just as good. Ibuprofen.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i've had it on and off over the years, amazing how sharp the pain is. avoided surgery, which is the last resort. also avoided taking any meds for the pain.

When it flares up I discovered a remarkable solution. Get the little, thin, white plastic heel cups and put in your shoe. Unobtrusive, cheap, they redistribute pressure away from the hot spot. the result is little or no pain, and it eventually allows inflammation to heal. Due to the chronic nature of the problem, at times this required wearing it up to 6 months at a time.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
The first time I had it I got the plastic heel inserts. That worked.

A couple of decades later I got it again. The podiatrist prescribed some non-custom heel inserts (which he sold me for $60.00). I found some of the same inserts on the internet for $25.00.

I then lost a lot of weight. Don't have to wear inserts any more.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well I’m stuck at the tire shop, long wait.

You need to do calf stretches against the wall about three times per day, do it right

Alternative is while standing straight, bend at the knees as you sink down, you’ll feel the tightness

Get down on the floor with the tops of your feet facing down with your butt on top of your heels and lean forward to the ground as in prayer (muslims don’t have PlanterF)

Throw any shoe support in the trash and wear flexible shoes with toe area wide enough for toes to spread out.

Stand on stairs with balls of feet, heels pushed together (45 angle) and lower heels and then up, about 25 times

Get a massage ball, the kind with bumps on it. Lay your leg across your knee, pull the toes back to tighten the ligaments on the bottom of foot, then roll the heck out of the bottom of your foot with the ball. This breaks up any deposits and loosens tissue

The feet are complex, they need to work as designed.

Walking on hard surfaces barefoot is one of the best things you can do

This routine has to become a religion

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 10/16/19.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I’ve experienced it several times in my life. A very unpleasant thing to deal with. These were recommended to me, and may have saved my sheep hunt. A fix for “plantar fasciitis” is not overnight, it takes time.....thankfully I had a few months to get well prior to my hunt! memtb

https://www.bauerfeind.com/b2c/Insoles-by-ViscoSpot/ViscoSpot®--1-Pair-/p/YPBF_EVI_VISCOSPOT

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Google the "Strassburg sock". Inexpensive, simple and works. Just sleep in it at night

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I bought 2 pair of these insoles for my 2 pair of Motion Control shoes, but I only paid $50 a piece. I have some cheaper Dr Scholl’s inserts for my slippers but they’re nowhere as good. I believe the main thing is the additional support in the arch that takes the weight off the heel.

www.amazon.com/Powerstep®-ProTech-Full-Length-Womens/dp/B003E8CIEQ/ref=sr_1_6?hvadid=77721855789376&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=powerstep+protech+control+pro&qid=1571237764&sr=8-6

Last edited by tpcollins; 10/16/19.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slumlord
Sleep with a night brace corrective boot for about 6 months.

I had dat sheeit for years standing on ladders doing siding and roofing work.

Shoes and dr shoals stupid inserts are gimmicks.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This^ or at least one like it. They are hell on the bed sheets but the only thing that worked for me besides getting rid of the hard soled dress shoes work wanted me to wear. Told them if they wanted me to work they would have to deal the running shoes. Boss said as long as I kept working to wear whatever I wanted to.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I had it bad for about two years, both feet. Tried the custom inserts, didn’t work. I bought a pair of Birkenstock sandals that I wear when I’m not at work. They fixed the problem completely.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter
had it bad, got a good pair of boots and it went away.

I did the same thing. Bought a pair of Thorogood work boots with wedge soles and wore them everywhere for about a year. However, I don't think my case was really terrible. My heel mostly hurt when I would get out of bed in the mornings or when I got up from sitting a while. After a few steps it would loosen up.

Rolling your foot on a tennis ball is supposed to help as is the brace in Slumlord's post that stretches the tendons at night while you sleep.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have used one of the old time, small coke bottles for years. Just place it on the floor and press down with the affected arch and roll back and forth. I do it while watching the evening news. Stretches the tendon and eliminates the pain. Fast, cheap and easy. Works for me, hope it will for others.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BountyHunter
Google the "Strassburg sock". Inexpensive, simple and works. Just sleep in it at night

Exactly - https://www.amazon.com/Strassburg-Sock-White-Regular-around/dp/B00JB2UDTQ. This will solve the problem in 2-6 weeks depending how bad your tears are. To keep it from happening again, you need to look at what others are saying about stretching and insoles. While it's not the season, going barefoot while suffering is a setback but now that I have it kicked it's fine.

As far as custom insoles, I've been very happy with these make at home custom ones to the point I have them in all my shoes and boots. https://yoursole.com/us/mens/footbeds. fit them and bake them yourself.

It really sucks and I struggled with it for years until I found the sock and the insoles and it's been 4-5 years pretty much pain free.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72p58Iy6u7M

Still battling it.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Yea I've had several times and it can be a dang beyotch too. Sometimes it takes 3 months to subside and the next time could be a year or longer. Steroid shot inside the heel was the only quick cure for me and yes, it hurt like a mofo.

Last edited by ronc; 10/16/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That sock many folk just can’t sleep with

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Went something like this and when that refrigerent wears off your foot comes alive and angry.

Last edited by ronc; 10/16/19.
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
I have battled it for almost 3 years. Custom inserts helped some. Only relief was the shot. Nothing else has worked for me. I've done what everyone has said to do. Nothing works. Frustrating. Only time my heel doesn't hurt is when I wear crocs. The Dr. I see said to NEVER go barefoot, to wear crocs in house. That does give me some relief.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Stretching my calves by putting the balls of my feet on about a 3-4" step every day for a few minutes and wearing SuperFeet insoles. If I don't stretch most days it will start coming back.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The problem is caused by support and not going barefoot. Foot doctors have to stay in business.

Also, weight lifters don’t get carpal tunnel

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
669 members (1minute, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 73 invisible), 3,180 guests, and 1,452 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,673
Posts18,399,532
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.