Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
I’m a hound man...I’d take a bluetick or a big ass Black and Tan...or even another bloodhound if I had the nerve

GOD Bless America
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Strick9
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by Strick9

That BMC / RB is gorgeous. I woudn't kick a BMC / Plott cross out of the mix either !

Smart man^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ My mtn Cur actually has a tich of Plott in her.

Some of the hound hunters up here run Bear with Plotts......the little bit they lack in nose they more than make up for in heart.

I thought the brindling may speak to Plottish lines in your pup. Very hard to beat a big male Plott for most things gritty indeed.

Agreed........I love love Plotts but they run to hard and fast for my old bones.... frown

Course the same can be said for most tree dogs these days so I muddle along with an old worn out mtn Cur.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

A friend in MT's BMC/Red Bone.....tail or no tail NO Coyote want's to tangle with this guy.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

We had a stub-tailed BMC bitch that was built stocky like this. She went about 75lbs and would bite anybody or anything that wasn’t family. Huge prey-drive on that dog, and good dog-sense. A go-getter for sure.

Now with even more aplomb
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
given the advance of the coyote issue, and small farmers with small animals such as goats, chickens, rabbits, etc.

somebody (besides me?) could probably make a good life breeding a special farm dog.

it'd take some amount of discussion and trial & error. great pyrenees, cur-dogs, hounds.

maybe anotolian shepherds, rottweilers, airedales. i don't know. it would take breeding.

on the side they could develop a method to breed some really good looking mules.

white mules, black mules, red mules, but they all would need to be pretty mules.

i can see the sign now: Pretty Mules and Farm Dogs for sale at good prices.

maybe some side items like corn juice/apple juice. peaches, xmas trees, pumpkins.

some say the BMC are pretty much perfected as they are. maybe they could be more heavy??

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i know my old Airedale vs coyote, Airedale had blood on him that wasn't his, found what was left of the coyote in the backyard.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
IC B2

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
i know my old Airedale vs coyote, Airedale had blood on him that wasn't his, found what was left of the coyote in the backyard.

well, there is that.

multiple answers i'm sure.

how to market the optimum answer?

will it be a one dog solution, or a multiple dog solution?

i'm concerned about the feist dogs who range afar. how to protect?

a feist dog is very good against possums, foxes, etc. but the woods are changing?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
2 dogs are better than one .

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Buy your feist a big brother , Tosa Inu .

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,267 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,380
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.