-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Shouldered one of these in 20 ga yesterday at the big LGS. Dang !!! Lighter and at LEAST as nice handling as my Superposed Lightning 20. Nicer wood than the Browning. Not all in love with the red, plastic bead. But, dang........ !!!! I like that gun !!!

Anyone have one ?? Shot one ?? Comments from first-hand experience ??

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have the Instinct L in 20 gauge. I looked at the SL version when I bought my L but passed on it because it was $100 more at the time and I did not have the extra money.

The gun feels light to me so I imagine the SL will feel like a feather since I believe that model is almost a pound lighter compared to the L if I remember correctly.

Im on season 5 or 6 with it and I have have nothing bad to say about it.
I've taken plenty of pheasants and grouse with it and have never had a hiccup.

Good Luck!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the info !!

The main difference between your L and the SL is the L is a CCH steel receiver and the SL is a coined alloy receiver. That's where the extra pound comes from.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Franchise are good to go. The instinct series is their best O/u to date

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Shouldered one of these in 20 ga yesterday at the big LGS. Dang !!! Lighter and at LEAST as nice handling as my Superposed Lightning 20. Nicer wood than the Browning. Not all in love with the red, plastic bead. But, dang........ !!!! I like that gun !!!

Nice shotgun, however they fall short of a well made Superposed.

Franchi and others have learned that nice wood sells shotguns. Superposed for a going away win.

If you want a lighter Browning, find a Browning Feather.

Last edited by battue; 10/17/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have an Instinct L in 28 gauge that is a dream to carry and shoot.

If it has whipped cream and chocolate drizzles on it, itโ€™s dessert. Grow up and get a coffee damnit
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by Yoder409

Nice shotgun, however they fall short of a well made Superposed.

Franchi and others have learned that nice wood sells shotguns. Superposed for a going away win.

If you want a lighter Browning, find a Browning Feather.

I won't be parting ways with the Lightning 20 any time soon. It's as iconic as it is sentimental as it is well-built.

The Instict SL still intrigues me as it just fell into place on me and seems like it would handle very nicely. Annnnd it's about squarely 50% the price of any Superposed 20 ga............if I thought I needed another Browning. ๐Ÿ˜

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 44automag, 5sdad, 673, 406_SBC, 10 invisible), 2,227 guests, and 768 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,388
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.