Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DMc
Think I'll upgrade from my 410

LOL. 12 ga is more better David!!! 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe

text on the page says cascabel...

If that video/text was produced down in the Mexican Sonora, the term "cascabel" probably would have been applied to almost any rattlesnake - seems to be their generic term for rattlers, regardless of species. I can't see the video very well, but that back end sure seems to say "coon tail" - term down this way for a western diamondback.

There is a small community about 20 miles north of here - further down the San Pedro - named Cascabel. In older days, a very large ranch operation with that name was centered near there and, after a couple of visits to the area, I understand the reason for the name. Lots of rattlesnakes - rock outcroppings and great den places abound.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
that one is big enuff to fry

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by CCCC

If that video/text was produced down in the Mexican Sonora, the term "cascabel" probably would have been applied to almost any rattlesnake - seems to be their generic term for rattlers, regardless of species. I can't see the video very well, but that back end sure seems to say "coon tail" - term down this way for a western diamondback.

There is a small community about 20 miles north of here - further down the San Pedro - named Cascabel. In older days, a very large ranch operation with that name was centered near there and, after a couple of visits to the area, I understand the reason for the name. Lots of rattlesnakes - rock outcroppings and great den places abound.

Good point...would be nice to have a close look at the beast to see...didnt seem like the cameraman wanted to do that! And Sonora might be a tad far north for a Cascabel..Im not sure...

But I DO know what a 7'3" Eastern Diamondback looks like!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by ingwe; 10/16/19.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Good point...would be nice to have a close look at the beast to see...didnt seem like the cameraman wanted to do that! And Sonora might be a tad far north for a Cascabel..Im not sure...

i could not imagine running into that in the woods.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 1911a1

i could not imagine running into that in the woods.

Imagine then, if you will, killing it with a knife...cause thats how that one died.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Who's that kid in the photo?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That video looks weird? Maybe just me...

If it’s real, helll of a reptile.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Imagine then, if you will, killing it with a knife...cause thats how that one died.

It's no wonder you're the Great Ingwe, Kahuna of Kahunas!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nombre común Cascabel de Diamantes
Nombre Cientifico Crotalus atrox
Estas serpientes en vida silvestre no llegan a medir más de 2 mts y en cautiverio llegan a alcanzar a lo mucho 2.5 mts. Se ve grande por la perspectiva del video y los elementos que están al fondo. Lo bueno es que estaba en el parque para que no le hicieran nada

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Texczech
Who's that kid in the photo?

Your gonna have to smoke a turd now. 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
😉

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Big.

Thought that dude running out of that rolling tractor was something.

Dumb shît was lucky he survived

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
really pretty one... glad they had enough sense to let it live. Some of you yo yo's that go around killing every snake you see get on my last nerve. Your yard/barn/patio of course kill them. Some of you would run off the damn road trying to kill a snake.

Or big buck or big deer.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by DMc

Shiver.... Betcha there's some big-uns over there in your part of the State Neal.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by DMc

Shiver.... Betcha there's some big-uns over there in your part of the State Neal.

Yep. I’ve killed several six footers at the Ranch.
Hate them bastards.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I'm thinking color infused. Wasn't film black & white back then???

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by DMc

Yep. I’ve killed several six footers at the Ranch.
Hate them bastards.

Biggest I ever saw was just out of Rio Grande City. It was penned up in a rabbit hutch. I was bending over looking at it when the proprietor told me I outta step back a ways. Said if the nasty bitch struck the wire it might shoot venom into my eyes, blinding me.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Every thing is bigger in Texas. Hasbeen

F Street Station in Anchorage serves halibut in "Texas-sized" portions and regular. Texas-sized is half our regular...

Thats funny.

I've seen 2 that should hit 7 feet basically. One shot the head and part of the neck off with a shotgun, never found the head part back, but had to be close to 6 inches missing, measured 6 foot 7 inches what was left.

The other I did not get. But being we'd killed 3 over 6 feet already, this one was quite a bit bigger and substantially longer.

They eat very well. Tan well too.

I don't like small ones either. Harder to see/hear and usually more aggressive to a point. Had to move quicker a few times on 2-3 footers than I've ever had to on 5-6 footers

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
really pretty one... glad they had enough sense to let it live. Some of you yo yo's that go around killing every snake you see get on my last nerve. Your yard/barn/patio of course kill them. Some of you would run off the damn road trying to kill a snake.

I feel the same about varmints... I kill enough of them, but also enjoy the fox, notes and cats out hunting making a living. Amazingly enough I've watched a lot and have only seen a fawn chased once, by a gray fox. But all varmints, including legless kinds need to be kept in check

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
644 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 69 invisible), 2,788 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,237
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.