Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Side note -

cash in your $30 sig rebate.

used mine for the XL flush floorplates.

sig's shipping sucks donkey diks. they must send it via bike carrier

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Side note -

cash in your $30 sig rebate.

used mine for the XL flush floorplates.

sig's shipping sucks donkey diks. they must send it via bike carrier
Thanks. Done already

Buy once, cry once.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Flush mount floor plates finally came yesterday.

Converted a couple mags to 365xl style.

Now can shoot a whole box in one sitting.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Update...pistol is back in my possession. Sig inspected and replaced the recoil spring. They said they put 54 rounds through it with proper functions and no failures.
I am anxious to verify. But I must admit that the turn-around was quite impressive.

Buy once, cry once.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hopefully you’ll be set!

Dave

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
It seems “right” now...zero FTF in 400 rounds. I ran it hard and hot. Pretty pleased with it. It’s accurate as hell. Feels awesome in the hand. I’m gonna put another 500 through it before I carry it.

Buy once, cry once.
D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
It seems “right” now...zero FTF in 400 rounds. I ran it hard and hot. Pretty pleased with it. It’s accurate as hell. Feels awesome in the hand. I’m gonna put another 500 through it before I carry it.

What are you gonna prove with next 500 rounds? I think you'd be better off working on some stoppage drills.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Prove it will function flawlessly with a variety of actual carry ammo. Not hardball fluff stuff I’ve been shooting. The issue was the gun, not me. Before I trust my life to it, I’m gonna be damn sure it goes bang.

Buy once, cry once.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I now have 400 rounds through the gun and can give an interim report. I love the gun and the way it shoots. I did not have to mess with the sights at all. At about round 300 yesterday, about 40 rounds after last cleaning the gun, I had a light primer strike with a 124 grain handload. It fired on restrike. I have not chronographed the load yet through this gun. I do get very occasional light primer strikes with this ammo in other guns due to a weird batch of Winchester brass from some WWB that resulted in bad primer seating, but I cannot say that this event was not a gun problem. I ran 50 Blazer Brass through it today with zero functioning issues, including some prone at 100 yards. I shot some strong hand only and weak hand only yesterday with my handloads with no issues.

I do think that the gun is slightly undersprung. If the gun is empty and I retract the slide a little bit and release it, it will snap back into place. If I do that with a round in the chamber and a loaded magazine in the magazine well, it is sluggish and does not regularly return to battery. This is more noticeable if the gun is dirty.

I also have some uneven wear marks on the lettering on the right and left sides of the barrel, and some "chatter" marks on the left and right edges of the barrel hood that may need a little more wear-in.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Sig already could have done a rolling change to the recoil springs. My gun is a very early model with a July 11 "born on" date on the box. I am thinking that the additional weight of optics could further impact the ability of the slide to return fully to battery.

The gun worked great with all of the factory ammo I have run through it, and I have no concerns about carrying it. I hope to break out the Labradar sometime in the next couple of weeks.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Brought the short one with safety home for the Viking Fire princess. She had tried one last week and loved it.
Probably got two hundred through it, it flat runs with anything we’ve loaded or bought. I really like it as in I carried it this morning. Forgot I had it. She says I’ll get one for my birthday

IC B3

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I have the P365 original model. I probably have around 1500 rounds through it without a feeding hiccup so far. I haven't read of any feeding issues with my model, although there were other quality control issues I had to iron out.
I thought I might have feeding issues with the 12 round mags but didn't. Reason being the pinky extension. I had a baby Glock 10mm years ago that had feeding problems whenever I used the extended mags with the pinky extension. When I gripped the pistol, my finger would pull the bottom of the mag rearward aiming the bullet directly at the feed ramp. The problem would get worse with hollow points and a carboned up feed ramp. I haven't shot or handled an XL, but maybe this could be part of the problem, although I think the SIG mags fit much tighter than the Glock mags did the way the recess is cut in the SIG grips.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 53 invisible), 2,045 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,613
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.