Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tag

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had a few of the smaller console Water Boss units in a couple of homes. They do a good job and use very little salt. Maybe a bag every two months for a household with four people.
They're pretty easy to install yourself if you're at all handy.

Water Boss softener

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Good link for iron removal lots of snake oil sales in home water treatment, so be wary.

Usually area-specific iron problems, your local water treatment operators at your local city's are a good resource for information, and know which treatment system works. A good lab can test your water and from that, you can decide what system works best by test results. I would use an independent lab, not one that is trying to sell you a water treatment system.

http://wellwaterguide.net/iron-well-water.aspx

Last edited by kk alaska; 10/16/19.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Instead of making people like this Master Magnetics rich bop down to your local farm store and pick up a pair of aforementioned cow magnets. Get another pair for your vehicle. Guaranteed to raise your mileage at least 50%. But be careful, I combined this with other milage improving technologies such as water injection and added up to over 100% improvement. Got in trouble for gasoline running out the tank and polluting as I drove.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by stevelyn

There's places around Fairbanks that have craploads of iron in the water and softening systems have to be regenerated every few days.

Why are you asking a Softener to do a filters job?

Misapplication.

The iron is dissolved. A filter won't do schitt.

You couldn't be more wrong........

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Where do you think salt comes from? Outer space?

Ours comes from evaporation plants around the Great Salt Lake, and when it gets flushed through our softener systems, it drains back to...Great Salt Lake.

Yes but first, it go's through your septic system if you have one, and it screws up your concrete septic tank and concrete distribution box. So if one must use salt it is best to have poly tank and box, otherwise expect to replace both tank and box as the salt destroys them pretty quick.

Where in the hell do you people come up with this mis-information?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Instead of making people like this Master Magnetics rich bop down to your local farm store and pick up a pair of aforementioned cow magnets. Get another pair for your vehicle. Guaranteed to raise your mileage at least 50%. But be careful, I combined this with other milage improving technologies such as water injection and added up to over 100% improvement. Got in trouble for gasoline running out the tank and polluting as I drove.

My grandpa put cow magnets on his Cadillac during the seventies. He drive around telling people how much better his mileage was with the magnets on his gas lines. One day he took it in for a service and afterwards the mechanic said everything checked out except for the cow magnets he found strapped to the brake lines.

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now that is funny! Was quite the fad in the day and there were true believers.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1lesfox, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,910 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,355
Posts18,468,899
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.