Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The Redfield Revolution was essentially a Leupold Rifleman when it was introduced and sold at about the same price. The Rifleman, and Revolution were nothing more than VX-1's, but since they didn't offer a ton of options, they were able to keep prices down. If you wanted different reticles, or something other than 3-9X40 or 2-7X32 then you had to pay a bit more for either the VX-1 or VX-2.

When introduced the Redfield Revolution was a lot of scope for the money. But since that time Leupold has upgraded the VX 1, 2, and 3 line of scopes several times without a price increase. The Revolution remains unchanged and Leupold has dropped the VX1 and VX2 replacing them with the VX Freedom. It's not that the Redfield is a bad scope, it is just that for about the same money in 2019 you can do better, or for just a little more money, a lot better.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I am going to educate you not that it will sink in. S&B and Zeiss make their own glass. Swarovski buys their glass from Zeiss. All S&B makes is rifle scopes, not costume jewelry, binoculars, spotting scopes or rangefinders. HINT

Thanks for the education I knew that already. S&B better have the best glass for what they charge. I don’t give a rip about glass. Give me redfiled glass with nightforce reliable internals. Btw the Zeiss v4 used Japanese glass, ie not “Zeiss” glass

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I am going to educate you not that it will sink in. S&B and Zeiss make their own glass. Swarovski buys their glass from Zeiss. All S&B makes is rifle scopes, not costume jewelry, binoculars, spotting scopes or rangefinders. HINT

Thanks for the education I knew that already. S&B better have the best glass for what they charge. I don’t give a rip about glass. Give me redfiled glass with nightforce reliable internals. Btw the Zeiss v4 used Japanese glass, ie not “Zeiss” glass

Yeah because S&B doesn't have military contracts. They also have a bunch of posters here who use them quite satisfactorily. Regale us with actual product knowledge after purchasing all the products you mentioned. Zeiss V4 is made in Japan entirely DUH, it is their lowest priced scope. They make the glass that Swarovski and others buy or is that not clear enough? No pun intended

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
We have had excellent results from the Redfield Revolution series. Much better than the Leupolds that I've had. Maybe just lucky or an anomaly.

Same here especially the 2 X 7 scopes!

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JMR40
The Redfield Revolution was essentially a Leupold Rifleman when it was introduced and sold at about the same price. The Rifleman, and Revolution were nothing more than VX-1's, but since they didn't offer a ton of options, they were able to keep prices down. If you wanted different reticles, or something other than 3-9X40 or 2-7X32 then you had to pay a bit more for either the VX-1 or VX-2.

When introduced the Redfield Revolution was a lot of scope for the money. But since that time Leupold has upgraded the VX 1, 2, and 3 line of scopes several times without a price increase. The Revolution remains unchanged and Leupold has dropped the VX1 and VX2 replacing them with the VX Freedom. It's not that the Redfield is a bad scope, it is just that for about the same money in 2019 you can do better, or for just a little more money, a lot better.

[Linked Image from i617.photobucket.com]

[Linked Image from i617.photobucket.com]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by EdM
I bought three 3-9X Revolutions last summer at North 40 Outfitters in north Idaho on clearance for $95 a piece. I like them. Were they all made in the USA?

The best I can tell from doing a lot of reading is that final assembly takes place at the Leupold plant. Like so many other things made in the USA, they do have foreign parts.

Probably made in a Chinese sweat shop by folks on their day off from Nike.

Try lying less.

The Redifield Revolutions are made just like any other Leupold.

The Outer tubes are machined in their Oregon plant.

Leupold has exclusively used Asian made lenses since the early 1970s. First from Japan , now ???

The erector asemblies are also Asian made now.

The scopes are assembled and tested in Oregon.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

240 members (19rabbit52, 16penny, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 2ndwind, 33 invisible), 2,175 guests, and 981 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,172
Posts18,465,366
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.