Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jerryv
Lots of things can make your feet hurt. Plantar Fasciitis is fairly common so it gets blamed even though the problem might be something completely different.

Read this page for a good definition:

Mayo Clinic

The key is this part:

Plantar fasciitis commonly causes stabbing pain that usually occurs with your first steps in the morning. As you get up and move more, the pain normally decreases, but it might return after long periods of standing or after rising from sitting.

If that doesn't fit your symptoms, you probably have a different problem.

Jerry

Oh yeah, that describes the symptoms perfectly, except for the part about it decreasing after I get to moving around.

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I went to a foot and shoe guy today. He said my calf was extremely tight and gave me some exercises to do. Showed me what to look for in a pair of shoes and gave me some better inserts (dang podiatrist sold me some crap -twice).

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Jerryv
Lots of things can make your feet hurt. Plantar Fasciitis is fairly common so it gets blamed even though the problem might be something completely different.

Read this page for a good definition:

Mayo Clinic

The key is this part:

Plantar fasciitis commonly causes stabbing pain that usually occurs with your first steps in the morning. As you get up and move more, the pain normally decreases, but it might return after long periods of standing or after rising from sitting.

If that doesn't fit your symptoms, you probably have a different problem.

Jerry

BINGO! That’s exactly it.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Just some additional color for this thread that may be of value to this fellow sufferer’s. Oboz wind river model boots
Have been a God send for my aching left heel. They have a narrower heel pocket and great arch support that take pressure off my pain points. FWIW

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Be careful with shoes.

I wear good quality work boots,and used to wear
decent sneakers.

On weekends I would wear my sneakers as often as possible.
My feet would kill me at work.
Towards the end of the week it would be better.
Repeat for months. (Slow learner)

I quit the soft shoe routine, and my problems mostly went away.
Now, I wear my work shoes all the time, or Crocs.
No idea how I get away with the leather strap on Crocs, but they
are fine.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Stretching, the right shoes, and inserts, night splint.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Mine comes and goes.

I'm a meathead and run on it in crappy shoes.

My stiff mountain boots seem to make it melt away.

This thing helps when it flairs. Like rolling on a water bottle, but easier. Twice a day and it doesn't last long.

Wooden Foot Roller | Plantar Fasciitis Massager https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KK2RJC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_qoqQDbB62B8VM

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Getting a shot in the foot is quite the experience. If you like pain that is😂

I asked the nurse and doc whose hand I could hold, they looked at each and muttered ahhh😂😂

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
Anybody ever have it? How did you get over it? Going on 6 months now and getting worse for me. Dang foot Dr is a quack I think, just wants to sell some shoe insoles. I’m hobbling around and it’s starting to get old. Need some ideas on help.

$350 Orthotic RX in 1991

Not a single problem since.....except when I go without them for more than 3 days at a time. Your Doc is not a quack. Those expensive “insoles” seem counterintuitive, but they are not. It will solve the problem.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Go to karavel shoes in Austin for inserts.

IC B3

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Physical Therapy did nothing for me . Orthotics helped . One shot of Cortisone did the trick in a few days . A few years ago I had Cortisone ( or something similar ) injected for Spinal Stenosis . The Surgeon first gave me a Pain Shot to deaden the Area and after that ( can't remember how many minutes ) ...... Injected the Cortisone ( as this is done slowly and in real time under an Xray ) . The Pain was not real bad . I asked the Podiatrist who gave me the Heel Shot if he used a Pain killer . He said he did . What he did not say was that both the Pain killer and Cortisone were in ONE Shot . Not a good idea . That surprise hurt more than a little . If all else fails , you might seek out and try something fairly new ( especially for musculoskeletal applications ) . It is called PRP for Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy . They take a small quantity of your own Blood , centrifuge it . This concentrates the Platelets and other beneficial blood components and then inject this into the injured area . They then evaluate after about 6 weeks . Some people require only one injection . Others may require 2 or 3 . For some types of associated Arthritis Pain , a Booster may be required every 10 Months or so . This regenerative technique was not available in my area when I had the Plantar Fasciitis or I would have tried it . The PRP is also used for Tendonitis , Low Back Pain Arthritis , Ligament Injuries , etc . For some folks PF is a nightmare .

Last edited by usull; 10/17/19. Reason: Add
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
Anybody ever have it? How did you get over it? Going on 6 months now and getting worse for me. Dang foot Dr is a quack I think, just wants to sell some shoe insoles. I’m hobbling around and it’s starting to get old. Need some ideas on help.

There is a fix. I had it along with ankle synovitius. (very similar to plantar fasciitis) I fixed them by twice a day dunking in ice cold water and staying off of them as much as possible.

In the morning I would put about 2 1/2 gallons of water in a 5 gallon bucket and soak my foot until it was good and cold. I would let it warm up before I got on it. I used frozen pop bottles in the bucket to make the water really cold. In the evening I would soak it good and cold again with the bucket and about 2 1/2 gallons of water and the frozen pop bottles again. I would let the foot warm up before I got on it again. In the evening I would take a warm shower and get the foot back up to normal temperature before going to bed.

The key was getting the foot good and cold then letting it warm up slowly. As cold as I could stand it and letting it warm up before standing on it again. This was about 30 minutes in the ice water and 30 minutes warming up and then staying off of it as much as possible. This took me almost 10 weeks before I was "cured" but after several weeks I was down to once a day in the ice water and that was before I took a warm shower and went to bed at night. Naproxen sodium at night before bed would be OK but I didn't do it every night.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 10/17/19.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

640 members (007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 63 invisible), 2,821 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,370
Posts18,469,135
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.