Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Rant mode: ON!

My wife just got a statement from UHC after having a prescription filled. The statement lists the transaction under 104 different claim numbers, and they say we owe somebody $7000. The wife is turning green and swelling up to about nine feet in height. I kinda feel sorry for anyone who has to talk to her when she gets on the horn Monday morning.

Don't you just love it when someone you basically HAVE to do business with screws up, and you get to spend hours on end on the phone, getting passed from one incompetent jerk who can do nothing about it to the next incompetent jerk? I know that hasn't happened yet, but I am pretty damned sure that's exactly how it will go. Been there, done that, got the teeshirt.

What gets me is that when I do something stupid, I get to deal with the fallout and make it right. The wife can say the same thing...but in this case, I am pretty damned sure that NO ONE at UHC will be held to account. It's just "oooops." We should be allowed to place the responsible party in stocks for one hour and pelt him or her with rotten vegetables.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

BP-B2

T
Campfire Member
Online Happy
Campfire Member
T
Let us know how heads your wife takes off. I have United Health Care, I may need her help one day.

Browning X-Bolt .30-06
Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x50 CDS

Tikka T3x Lite 308 win
Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x50 CDS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd be inclined to pass that responsibility to the pharmacist that drafted the bill.

1Minute
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If there is anybody working anywhere that isn't a sorry assed, incompetent retard these days you can't prove it by me. The reason is because they aren't expected to do their jobs competently and held accountabe and punished for their fuuck ups. There are one hell of alot of people out there who shoulld be terminated from their jobs tomorrow and they damned sure would be if they were working for me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Blackheart
If there is anybody working anywhere that isn't a sorry assed, incompetent retard these days you can't prove it by me. The reason is because they aren't expected to do their jobs competently and held accountabe and punished for their fuuck ups. There are one hell of alot of people out there who shoulld be terminated from their jobs tomorrow and they damned sure would be if they were working for me.

That's for sure.

IC B2

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
UHC is there.

we get bills from some billing agency because of hospital bills that aren't covered under the basics.

i don't know. too low an amount to hire a lawyer.

they may be betting on our compliance?

the gaming between and among insurance, medicare, doctors, hospital staff, & us humans is getting intense.

who knows? your lawyer can talk it over with the other lawyers?

or just the pay the bill, and continue on??

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wouldn't get my panties in a wad over it.

A simple phone call should be all that is needed to show them it's a coding/computer error, and no one will have to pay $7000.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Snyper
I wouldn't get my panties in a wad over it.

A simple phone call should be all that is needed to show them it's a coding/computer error, and no one will have to pay $7000.

I would. It would piss me off to no end. Especially if I was out of my prescription and needed it Right NOW!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Obviously you folks are pretty riled, but it's just a glitch.

My MC Advantage plan is through them, and it's the best insurance I've ever had. My drugs are handled elsewhere.

This crap always seems to hit on a weekend so you get to "enjoy" it for a couple of days before you can get it handled.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You’ll get it straightened out!

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
U tube might be a good place to put a video of that call.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
We have United as well. When my bill was wrong, Ijust logged into the UHC site and explained what happened and they took care of it. No phone call or frustration. Good luck.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I thought it was just me who has to deal with incompetent ppl,glad to see it's everywhere,(not really)
I'm sure it will get worked out,but lets think for a moment of how many claims get paid by people who just don't know what the cost should be.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Bet someone coded it way wrong.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Every time I had a problem with medical billing snafus, a dumb negroe was the ultimate root of the cluster foxtrot.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
We have UHC under Medicare focus and Senior Dimensions. My wife has had 4 surgeries performed by outstanding surgeons with all the requisite Imaging , therapy etc. in the last 2 years. I have been very impressed w/ the quality and cost of everything. I would recommend this provider w/out reservation.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Never had a problem with my company sponsored United Health Care policy. I am retired though.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are one hell of alot of people out there who shoulld be terminated from their jobs tomorrow and they damned sure would be if they were working for me.

Your union buddies?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Our company insurance is ran by UHC. They’ve always been helpful in straightening the incompetent hospitals screw ups out. So in my experience, UHC good. Hospital billing department, bad.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by NVhntr
There are one hell of alot of people out there who shoulld be terminated from their jobs tomorrow and they damned sure would be if they were working for me.

Your union buddies?
Most likely you ya stupid worthless fuuck. I doubt like hell you ever did anything right in your life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
134 members (338reddog, 257 mag, 6mmbrfan, 300_savage, 21, 13 invisible), 1,166 guests, and 518 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,241
Posts18,371,458
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.