Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Bought a Hawke Endurance 30 SF 4-16x50 LR Dot in Dec 2017 on discount for $219.99. Mounted up today for the first time and with a laser boresighter is was obvious that spinning the windage dial did nothing for over half of it's range, also 1/4 of elevation clicks did nothing. Fairly well crap, but, I'm glad I found that at home and not out blasting. Will followup on how they handle it. Have receipt miraculously, but had not registered it. First problem noted in at least 6 purchases of Hawke scopes. Why did I not just grab another SWFA? Beats the hell outa me.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It's because you paid too much.

My $100 ones keep on chuggin'.😛

Next one for me is gonna be the littlest SWFA, unless JB's craps in the meantime.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Bought a Hawke Endurance 30 SF 4-16x50 LR Dot in Dec 2017 on discount for $219.99. Mounted up today for the first time and with a laser boresighter is was obvious that spinning the windage dial did nothing for over half of it's range, also 1/4 of elevation clicks did nothing. Fairly well crap, but, I'm glad I found that at home and not out blasting. Will followup on how they handle it. Have receipt miraculously, but had not registered it. First problem noted in at least 6 purchases of Hawke scopes. Why did I not just grab another SWFA? Beats the hell outa me.

Because it was in your experimental phase.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I know, I shoulda bought a Vanguard, oops, I meant a Vantage!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The first Hawk that I bought, was bad. I got it replaced (good cs) and it has been good. Hard to beat the SWFA, though. They are my go-to.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
After a bit of email exchange I was provided a RA#. No shipping label, that's on me. LOL

They said it's normal for there to be more dial clicks than reticle movement! Ohhh really.... Interesting.... I'll be damned. Learn something new every day.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
well at least they are cooperating. Hope it works out for you- and fast MtnBoomer.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dude......should a went Konus

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by screaminweasil
Dude......should a went Konus

Ouch! LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
NcStar all the way

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
NcStar all the way

LOL, Damn, I think I bough one once!

I went through a phase, pretty low dollar but wanted to get a few things nonetheless. I bought a used Tasco 24X target scope for real cheap that served me very well. I got a few new real cheap scopes, NcStaresque junk. But one thing I saw listed as a clearance deal from some mail order outfit was a silver Hawke Endurance 3-9x40. I got that sucker for like $36. In hand, immediately the quality over the NcStars of the world was obvious. It was robust, bright, clear, you know, like a real scope, LOL. So I got interested in the brand, read up on them a bit. Okay, not up to Made in Japan by LOW standards. But, easy the best made Chinascope was my finding. Better than or equalish to the Philippine made optics but more robust than most anything "cheap". Not a re-branded generic as has been spewed. That silver scope has been on a few rifles and I trust it enough to hunt BG with. Long since painted black. My Hawke love affair ain't over. I just mounted up a couple others during an epic scope rodeo, the 2.5-10x50 Endurance 30 I got from Doug is pretty impressive, for the price, or double. Hope it'll continue to be in favor.... The 8x56 is a beast, but currently unmounted. A couple Vantage 4Xs on 22s garner zero complaints. A 4-12 Endurance ended up on the new Savage A17. Generally friendly eyebox throughout the line...

Didn't get the 4-16x50 unit sent back, will do next stop at home. Hopefully they'll make good on it.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
...They said it's normal for there to be more dial clicks than reticle movement!...

Wow!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
...They said it's normal for there to be more dial clicks than reticle movement!...

Wow!

Yep, didn't expect that! LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dang, I'll send you this one to use while your "bird of prey" get's replace/fixed up.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Figured I better check the tracking on it first.................headed to the range. I'll report back!

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I don't know, I might have to bust out one of the five Simmons 3-9x50s I bought during "The Phase."

I do like the "Birds of Prey" moniker!

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ha! Got one of those 8x56 beasts in the spare pile myself. Add that to the massive Warne mounts needed to put it on a Hawkeye and you've got quite a load. Love looking through it; maybe I'll tripod mount it.😛

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Ha! Got one of those 8x56 beasts in the spare pile myself. Add that to the massive Warne mounts needed to put it on a Hawkeye and you've got quite a load. Love looking through it; maybe I'll tripod mount it.😛

Get two, big eye "Birds of Prey"!

Kidding aside, they do make 8x56 bins that have been reported to me as excessive, I mean excellent!

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 10/19/19.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I weighed my Hawkeye AW .223 with the Endurance LER 3-9x40 today. 8 pounds 14oz with a carrying strap. Hokey Smoke!

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I weighed my Hawkeye AW .223 with the Endurance LER 3-9x40 today. 8 pounds 14oz with a carrying strap. Hokey Smoke!

Be careful packing that much around! LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yup.

Once you get a couple of lightweights, everything else feels like anvils.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 70 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,319
Posts18,468,418
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.