Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Looking back to younger days in contrast to today's affairs, it would be easy to become depressed. Contrasting men and women of yesteryear in comparison to the generation of snowflakes illustrates the chasm's edge upon which we stand.

When they can be disengaged from their I-Phones for a moment....talking to twin grandsons who are junior in high school....they have not a clue about history. They do not know what led to the Civil War, or why we entered WW2. They do not understand a simple concept like situational awareness nor have a clue about how to defend themselves against assault. It brings to mind the old saw "Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it." It isn't just them, but rather their peers in the local area, this in F'burg, VA. Sitting atop one of our nation's historical diamonds and they are clueless. Monroe's law office is only a few miles from their home.....never been there.

Have been watching, off and on, the media frenzy about Trump and the Dims for about 3 years now...can they not ever relate something else? Maybe something positive, like the guy that dove into the river and saved someone, or stopped a robbery? It's puke city writ large.

Finally, this being part of the media circus, the liberal frenzy to destroy this country, our home, is bizarre. It strikes me as a bit queer (pun intended) that something around half of our country, most of which who have never visited a third world country, wish to commit suicide. Well, lemmings do it, but that does not make it a good idea. Conceptually speaking I view people as equal across the board, this in context of God given rights. Realistically, they are not, and borders exist for a reason. There is nothing more sacrosanct than our liberty and freedom, but they are things that are ours. Foreigners of any brand do not share our heritage or rights in this land and do not have legal basis for crashing aboard at will. If they are too pussified to fix their own land I surely don't see benefit to having them here.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It’s a damned shame!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Some of us choose to see the distruction happening before us,others are blind to fact that it is taking place.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I hear You BD...a slide of Chesty Puller came up on a power point I was doing for a COLLEGE class...I asked if anyone knew who Chesty Puller was.....

Not a one...

Hell I had my German Shepherd " Rommel" in class last week and a new PROFESSOR asked where I got that name for him....

[bleep] me...

Last edited by ingwe; 10/19/19.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yet I am considered odd since I paid attention in history class. Just knowing simple facts, the ones our teacher drove into us in order to past the exams, are enough to set you aaprt from this younger generation.

I have a Lieutenant at work who is getting his Master's Degree. He tells stories of the other college students and how much they are apart from reality.

He also likes to surprise quiz me about things he just learned. He gets a kick out of it when I already know about his latest collegiate discovery.

He is only twenty years younger than I am but it is as if we went to completely different education systems.

He is right about my lack of cell phone expertise, but I have a young partner who handles that for me.

But "knowing things" and living without being attached to a cellphone makes you a marked man.

Last edited by Ranger_Green; 10/19/19.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
As the boys from Aberdeen Scotland say, Ah Shocks Ma Het!

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
DigitalDan:
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day treated you acceptably and this finds you well.

Thanks for sharing the video and your thoughts, it is I believe a healthy exercise to examine what we believe and why - especially so on matters of such importance.

We're having a Federal election up here on Monday and all but one party has promised to begin a process of confiscation of certain classes of long arms which include AR variants. Because they required us to register AR, AK and FN variants in '79, it'll be an easy matter for them to do that from those of us who are legal owners.

Naturally the gangs who choose such arms for use in pharmaceutical distribution conflicts won't be affected by such confiscations, because well, they're already outlaws, correct?

Recently when discussing forced disarmament by the government, I was asked if I thought trading bullets with a better armed and equipped government force - whether it be law enforcement, military or something yet to be determined - was a palatable option in my view.

Honestly I replied that no, it was not palatable, but I'd like to reserve the right to do so if it came to that, you know?

That's sort of where I'm at with all this disarmament of the general populace Dan and hopefully that all made sense.

Oh, lastly as a bit of student of rodents, I can say that lemmings don't actually commit suicide - that was yet another fallacy foisted on us by Walt Disney. Somehow only certain among the homo sapiens species feel the urge to do that.

Anyway sir, from north of the medicine line I'd like to send encouragement to continue to resist the foe and please know you all aren't alone.

All the best to you this fall sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
This isn't the country we grew up in, for the most part. Especially not the urban areas. I tended to crow a little bit about this little patch of rural Kentucky that I recently moved into,..because for me,...it was rediscovering America. I had been away from it for a long, long time. I had forgotten how good it is and I couldn't help reveling in being a part of it again.

But even this won't last. The suburbs are working their way out here. I won't live to see it. But the people who occupy this area will be pushed out in about 20 years.

I don't know where it's going to go.

I'd like to think that people will wise up and rise up. But Russia got beaten down in the same way that America is today,..and they didn't see it until it was done.

I think of this passage often:

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn , The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
we had no awareness of the real situation

Those of us who do have to settle for being considered "kooks".

,....even by Cuban refugees,...

,..lolol,...ain't *that* some schitt?

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
We can still off one of our enemy and be a m16/m4 owner during conflict

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
We can still off one of our enemy and be a m16/m4 owner during conflict

Guns don't really figure into it.

America will be taken by making the people of the country hate themselves.

"It's Okay to be White" is currently considered "hate speech".

Put a poster up which says that and there will be a police investigation. You will go to jail if you get caught doing it.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Basically,...the powers which be are pushing the narrative that it's *NOT* okay to be white.

"White" is Western European culture,.......the culture which built the modern world,....the culture that keeps it livable.

Kill that culture,...kill the world.

That's what's going on.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe

And this is how we are thinking and feeling in the Trump era. Just wait until the Dems get the Government back .

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

And this is how we are thinking and feeling in the Trump era. Just wait until the Dems get the Government back .

The same people will still think the same.

I honestly don't know what that will result in.

How will old world Americans respond to flagrant leftist persecution?

The country will definitely find out,...whatever it turns out to be.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green

Were pretty much screwed then. Especially if it’s another like Obama. Or worse.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Dwayne, thank you for your thoughts.

Lemmings were a convenient euphemism of sorts. Our liberal snowflakes kneel to Lord Disney's words, sacred and true.

It was said some time ago that the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of tyrants and patriots. In times past all men could be drafted, and it was an experience that made men from boys. The deletion of such obligations has implications never imagined.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ingwe, the professor asked? Ho Li....echoes of Tim Leary.

I am..........disturbed.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
In times past all men could be drafted, and it was an experience that made men from boys. The deletion of such obligations has implications never imagined.

The answer to America's problems isn't to enslave to populace to serve the warmongers.

The warmongers in America aren't serving America's interests.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
104 members (10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 338reddog, 405joe, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,381 guests, and 687 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,881
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.