Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I've a friend there now. She was observing, but due to her status, can't send photos (big brother is watching)

100,000 protesters in the streets. Firebombed at least one MTR entrance, a number of stations shut down. Central Kowloon area. Protesters barricaded Nathan road for heaven's sake.

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong...ock-roads-during-illegal-march-hong-kong

I'm supposed to transit through HKG in early December. I have an 11 hour lay over, and thought I'd MTR into Kowloon. Now? Not so much....

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Future martyrs. China said they will not back down.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
and, let me guess, none of the commoners there are allowed to have firearms. how long until we are right where they are?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kid0917
and, let me guess, none of the commoners there are allowed to have firearms. how long until we are right where they are?

20 years ?

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I wonder how the chicoms are going to spin it. Liberation?

Re-education camps being geared up?

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by viking
I wonder how the chicoms are going to spin it. Liberation?

Re-education camps being geared up?

Camps are already active. Unfortunately, I believe they will kill some of the protestors.

China philosophy: Managing 1.7 billion people can't be accomplished in a democracy.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Re-education camps being geared up?[/quote]

Camps are already active. Unfortunately, I believe they will kill some of the protestors.

China philosophy: Managing 1.7 billion people can't be accomplished in a democracy. [/quote]

Why do we have trade deals or any dealings with this outlaw country? I would be happy though if the malcontents here would go on a one way trip there.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Why do we have trade deals or any dealings with this outlaw country? I would be happy though if the malcontents here would go on a one way trip there.

Because everyone wanted $300 computers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kelbro

Why should we care what China does with their own people?
It's like this Syria Kurd thing,, WGAF
Maybe China and countries in the middle east should be telling us how to handle our domestic affairs.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Hong Kong 2019 is USA pre 1776. Hong Kong is NOT mainland China.

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by 700LH

Maybe China and countries in the middle east should be telling us how to handle our domestic affairs.

Interesting perspective, and I agree with it.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope and pray you're right, but I don't see how. Those folks got nothing but determination on their side. I'm heartsick that these people call on us to support them in the fight for freedom, and we're nearly powerless to help.
Not to mention the fact that a large portion of our own government, and about half of our population, wish to bring the same type of tyranny to our own country.
I wish we could ship a few million defense rifles and ammunition to those in Honk kong. At least they could make it a good fight.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH

Maybe we should take a page from their playbook on controlling the domestic unruly like Antifa and make stupid really hurt. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Remember Tiananmen Square. Maybe thousands killed there. Thousands or more arrests after that. Some open executions, how many secrete executions is unknown.

These Chinese communists we have been building up and supporting since Nixon ended diplomatic isolation have been the empowerment of evil. An empowerment built purely on greed and lust for power.

Last edited by Armednfree; 10/20/19.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by viking
I wonder how the chicoms are going to spin it.

China, "Don't poke the Bear!"

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm not sure what the international reaction to a "Nathan Road" incident would be like. I'd be willing to bet that Trump would just flat out embargo China, period. Get the EU on board as well, and China is in very, very deep manure.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Always a good idea to back a vicious animal into a corner.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Remember Tiananmen Square. Maybe thousands killed there. Thousands or more arrests after that. Some open executions, how many secrete executions is unknown.

These Chinese communists we have been building up and supporting since Nixon ended diplomatic isolation have been the empowerment of evil. An empowerment built purely on greed and lust for power.

Pretty much just greed on the west's side.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
China will only tolerate this for so long-- then it will be Tienaman square again---

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Brits should have cut a deal where HK was independent. To their shame.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 2,785 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,573
Posts18,453,908
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.