Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by walt501
Originally Posted by WTM45
Loans were used to shore up their credit lending program (where the entire industry was suffering) not manufacturing operations or union obligations. Completely paid back in 148 days.

All loans were paid back - every single one by every single automaker.

What Obama did has no bearing on today's auto industry. At least put the blame where it belongs instead of trying to make yourself feel good for driving the least attractive truck on the road.

And now a word from YOUR president -

[Linked Image from livetradingnews.com]

After watching the "classy" unionistas walking that GM picket line, I sure makes one pause and think, especially when Tundras are made in Texas by Americans and just what % of US vehicles are made in Mexico and Canada? All loans might have been paid back just as you say, but what happened to all the note holders from the 08 fiasco that were passed over in favor of the unions?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I had one Toyota, put 200,000 miles on it before it was stolen. It was a great truck!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nice truck

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by 1911a1
Two weeks ago My wife and I decided to get a new truck. We are the type people that buy vehicles and keep them for a long time as in 10 + years.

We decided on a Tundra over a Chevy or Ford. I'm generally a Chevy guy though not exclusively. The Tundra won out for me because of the reliability and build quality, I chose the Tundra even though the gas mileage is pretty poor and the design is not near as updated with the latest electronic gizmos, cylinder deactivation, ten speed automatics, etc..

I'm banking on the Tundra will provide a a more worry free service than the other brands.

Truck is a little dirty in the pic. I like the battleship grey color Toyota calls Cement.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I have a 04 tundra and its nearing 500,000 miles. only thing it took other then general wear parts was a converter should have replaced them both as when I replaced the one the check engine light came on in 1000 miles

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Loans were used to shore up their credit lending program (where the entire industry was suffering) not manufacturing operations or union obligations. Completely paid back in 148 days.

What Obama did has no bearing on today's auto industry. At least put the blame where it belongs instead of trying to make yourself feel good for driving the least attractive truck on the road.

After watching the "classy" unionistas walking that GM picket line, I sure makes one pause and think, especially when Tundras are made in Texas by Americans and just what % of US vehicles are made in Mexico and Canada? All loans might have been paid back just as you say, but what happened to all the note holders from the 08 fiasco that were passed over in favor of the unions?

The bailouts where a UAW bailout more than anything else. The note holders and everyone else took it in the azz.
The big three are a complete joke and produce absolute garbage blinged out with electronic gizmos and sold by massive rebaits, cheap finance etc. The resale on a big three vehicle also sucks, which is very telling.
I can get employee pricing on Chrysler and GM vehicles and I will not by another one of those piles of junk at any price.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Built in Texas by Americans(Mostly Vets) no Tijuana Senor like the companies you pimp.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice!

‘Yota often runs 0% interest on Tundras making them a pretty damn good deal.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here I thought maybe you had shot one in frustration.

Last edited by 1minute; 10/20/19.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
The bailouts where a UAW bailout more than anything else. The note holders and everyone else took it in the azz.
The big three are a complete joke and produce absolute garbage blinged out with electronic gizmos and sold by massive rebaits, cheap finance etc. The resale on a big three vehicle also sucks, which is very telling.
I can get employee pricing on Chrysler and GM vehicles and I will not by another one of those piles of junk at any price.

Would you care to back up even a single word of what you said with any empirical evidence? Go ahead, I'll wait.

In the meantime, chew on this - Toyota is a parasite of the automotive industry.

The Toyota Tundra was developed by taking apart a Ram truck by their engineers in a Seattle warehouse.

Ford was first to market with an infotainment system (SYNC) under suspected pressure from the government to come up with a completely hands free system to control all functions of an auto without taking your hands off the wheel. It didn't work well, but FORD LED THE WAY and today their infotainment system is the best in the business. Asian automakers copied Ford, but their systems still don't work as well as the Ford SYNC, but you never hear about that.

Look, these endless troll topics - and they ARE troll topics - are becoming nauseating. Every week it's "should I buy an ugly Yota" or "should I get a copy cat Honda ATV". This site has a section to discuss both trucks and ATV's, but the TROLLS must get their TROLL topic in front of as may people as possible in order to advertise in the forums.

Looked at another way, Ford sells 7 F150's for every Tundra so we should see way more discussion in the forum about Ford, but the TROLLS make sure it's Toyota you see every week in the forum. I'm going to keep calling out the Trolls so get used to it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great trucks, love mine. Dig that cement color too.

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I'm driving a 1998 4 Runner. Best vehicle I've ever owned. 178,000 miles and still runs and looks great. The only repair I've had to do, other than routine maintenance, was to have the starter rebuilt. My next vehicle will be another 4Runner.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Toyotas are way too homely looking for me. Always have been.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I upgraded my shocks on all 4 corners with Bilstein 6112 and 5160. Always wanted to do that and at 75,000 miles on it had it done. Also upgraded skid plate and put on a heavy duty Coachbuilder shackle. That along with new Cooper ST Maxx tires and it was doing stuff on our elk hunt last week that really impressed me. Rides great as well. Might be worth looking at since the OP drives them for a long time like I do.

Only thing I wish mine had was the larger fuel tank.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought a '19 Tundra Double Cab TRD Off Road in August. So far I'm lovin' it. Really a nice smooth ride. My only gripe is that the front turn signal lights seem to have been an afterthought. You can barely see them blink with those LED headlights.
I had a 2015 Tacoma before this Tundra. Great little truck. Trouble free for 70,000 miles but I never warmed up to a small truck. It just seemed like everything was a compromise.
Not a lot of difference in the gas mileage between the two.
I bet you're going to really like it.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Would you care to back up even a single word of what you said with any empirical evidence? Go ahead, I'll wait.

In the meantime, chew on this - Toyota is a parasite of the automotive industry.

The Toyota Tundra was developed by taking apart a Ram truck by their engineers in a Seattle warehouse.

Ford was first to market with an infotainment system (SYNC) under suspected pressure from the government to come up with a completely hands free system to control all functions of an auto without taking your hands off the wheel. It didn't work well, but FORD LED THE WAY and today their infotainment system is the best in the business. Asian automakers copied Ford, but their systems still don't work as well as the Ford SYNC, but you never hear about that.

Look, these endless troll topics - and they ARE troll topics - are becoming nauseating. Every week it's "should I buy an ugly Yota" or "should I get a copy cat Honda ATV". This site has a section to discuss both trucks and ATV's, but the TROLLS must get their TROLL topic in front of as may people as possible in order to advertise in the forums.

Looked at another way, Ford sells 7 F150's for every Tundra so we should see way more discussion in the forum about Ford, but the TROLLS make sure it's Toyota you see every week in the forum. I'm going to keep calling out the Trolls so get used to it.

Dang! You seem to take everything as an affront to yourself. It’s his money, let him spend it where he wants to. If it weren’t for competition in the marketplace, the showrooms would be full of POS’s just like they were during the 80’s malaise days.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I bought a Limited 4x4 in 2014.
I have been happy, happy ever since-- sweet ride!
Was a Chevy guy.
Didn't like the drop cylinder crap and also the Obama give away--
We bought the wife a 4 runner in 16
Why the hell did we wait so long??

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Was getting a new travel trailer four months ago and felt the 2013 F-150 with the 3.7 just wasn't enough truck. The F-150 was running fine and had 138,000 miles on it. Was looking at various used Tundras as they have a lot more oooomph!!! Lucked out and found a 2018 Crew Max 4x4 TRD Off Road with 10,000 miles on it. A really good price. More power. Pulls the trailer like it wasn't there. Decent gas mileage..... 17-18. Seems like a more stable, solid ride. A great truck. You won't regret getting it.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The bailouts were for the unions, not the car companies.
Just like the Cash for clunker crap-- all for the unions.
Doesn't matter a bit.
Toyota makes a better truck-- period!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

You’ve got it bad..........

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Every car manufacturer takes apart the competitions vehicles.

"Suspected" pressure from the government????

Who is doing the trolling????

Last edited by battue; 10/20/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

697 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 75 invisible), 3,038 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,242
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.