Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Thought about this thread last night. And came to the conclusion that I consider myself quite lucky as the vast majority of young folks I tend to hang around are extrememly versed in American and World history. They also have their heads on fairly straight and they are all gunowners. But it is also true they are the anomoly. But it does give me hope.

kaywoodie;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope that the day down in Bastrop County, TX is treating you well thus far.

I've just returned from a solo hunt trying to punch some sort of tag and looked up the thread here on the 'Fire. Of course since my usual hunting partner - our eldest daughter - decided to take a break from our usual forays into the local mountains as they'd been working long hours doing inventory at work - anyway because she wasn't there I saw and could very likely have brought home a fair to middling sized black bear, but saw no mulie bucks once again.

Lucky for that particular black bear my lifetime limit on his kind has been reached, although as a matter of course I always pack a black bear tag since it's much less paperwork to clip a tag rather than call the Ministry of Wildlife Conservation Officer in the unlikely but not unheard of event that another one just will not listen to reason.... Might I add I consider myself eminently reasonable when it comes to black bears. wink

To the topic at hand now then sir, I too was ruminating on this thread and hopefully it's okay I share a wee bit more.

At work I manage a crew of 4 young men, two in their early 30's, one who is about 24 and an 18 year old.

One of the 30 year old chaps is a hunter, so we'll just leave him in that category for the time being.

The other 30 something is married with a blended family of 3 kids, is a hard worker and wants to improve his lot in life as well as that of his family.

The 24 year old has a university degree in English with a minor in history and wants to go on to be a high school teacher next fall, finances and life permitting.

The 18 year old is saving money to go to university, though he's not entirely sure what he's going to take.

Besides the hunter, all of them are deeply involved with their phones like many of the younger folks are - but here's one of the offshoots I've noticed about that.

When discussing the current government's plans to confiscate some types of firearms from legal owners, none of them support it whatsoever. All of them indicated they felt it would do nothing to mitigate gangs from accessing whatever firearms they felt like using.

None of them felt it is a reasonable move on any governments part to use tax money to buy back private property which has been legally held by citizens who continually prove they're not breaking any laws with them.

If I may explain just a wee tad here, as owners of "restricted class" firearms in Canada, we are subject to daily background checks or at very least can be subject to them. Speaking personally I've been in that situation since I purchased my first firearm in that class, shortly after I turned 18 which is the legal age up here to do so.

The other interesting bit of tid to my way of thinking is that to varying degrees, all three of these young men do not trust mainstream media here in Canada or the US. They are much more prone to look at different blogs or podcasts on a subject that they feel is important and actually are quite versed on a number of issues facing us up here across the medicine line.

Before leaving that topic, I'll add that both our girls and their partners are very much the same way. Neither of them have any TV network hookup and don't plan to do so anytime soon if ever.

Anyway sir, as others have more eloquently than I already stated, I'm somewhat bullish on the next shift coming up - for the reasons stated above and more.

All the best to you and yours this fall kaywoodie.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Who in the world raised all these snow flakes anyway?

-Jake

Teachers, schools, and colleges.

........and Boomers! grin

Jim;
Good morning to you sir, I trust all is well with you and your fine family this calm, but slightly overcast morning.

While I'm cognizant you've put a grin icon behind your suggestion that Boomers have to share the blame for shortcomings as parents, I'll very much agree with you.

For the record too Jim, I'm 57 so am absolutely one of the Boomer generation from most if not all definitions.

Personally I believe that history will not judge me and mine kindly as a whole for a multitude of reasons, but overall our poor parenting and the resulting plethora of issues created by that in our offspring has to be at or near the front.

Anyway sir, as always I'm loathe to make generalized, sweeping statements, but when we are looking at why our children to this or that it has to be the parents which are top the list, then the teachers, schools, colleges, etc and etc.

That's just one Canuck's thought on it Jim and from what I can gather it's certainly not a popular opinion on this side of the medicine line - nonetheless it's mine...

All the best to you and yours this fall Jim.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thanks Dwayne. Hope things are well in BC.

I reckon that the teachers, starlets and such get too much blame. Parenting aint their job....but they will gladly do a terrible job of it if necessary.

We work double shifts to parent our kids......and sometimes that aint enough!

Anyway...if you get a chance....there is a really pretty waitress at the Perkins in Medicine Hat.

She thinks I am Squirrely Dan.....or at least a cousin.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
People are interested in a wide range of things.

My wife isn't really into history or guns.

What shall I do now?

Looks like you have two choices, JimmyC.

1 get deevorced, it

2 leave the ‘fire.

🤔

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Great post!

In high school I see it first hand.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Thank you Dwayne! I wish you and yours a good season!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Looking back to younger days in contrast to today's affairs, it would be easy to become depressed. Contrasting men and women of yesteryear in comparison to the generation of snowflakes illustrates the chasm's edge upon which we stand.

When they can be disengaged from their I-Phones for a moment....talking to twin grandsons who are junior in high school....they have not a clue about history. They do not know what led to the Civil War, or why we entered WW2. They do not understand a simple concept like situational awareness nor have a clue about how to defend themselves against assault. It brings to mind the old saw "Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it." It isn't just them, but rather their peers in the local area, this in F'burg, VA. Sitting atop one of our nation's historical diamonds and they are clueless. Monroe's law office is only a few miles from their home.....never been there.

Have been watching, off and on, the media frenzy about Trump and the Dims for about 3 years now...can they not ever relate something else? Maybe something positive, like the guy that dove into the river and saved someone, or stopped a robbery? It's puke city writ large.

Finally, this being part of the media circus, the liberal frenzy to destroy this country, our home, is bizarre. It strikes me as a bit queer (pun intended) that something around half of our country, most of which who have never visited a third world country, wish to commit suicide. Well, lemmings do it, but that does not make it a good idea. Conceptually speaking I view people as equal across the board, this in context of God given rights. Realistically, they are not, and borders exist for a reason. There is nothing more sacrosanct than our liberty and freedom, but they are things that are ours. Foreigners of any brand do not share our heritage or rights in this land and do not have legal basis for crashing aboard at will. If they are too pussified to fix their own land I surely don't see benefit to having them here.

So damn true.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, not to put too fine a point on it, but if your grand kids don't know about history..... their parents didn't teach them.

It baffles me how parents (and grandparents) fail to see the irony about complaining about he next generation.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Dutch
Well, not to put too fine a point on it, but if your grand kids don't know about history..... their parents didn't teach them.

It baffles me how parents (and grandparents) fail to see the irony about complaining about he next generation.....

Tryin’ hard Dutch! 😉

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Founder

WS

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Yes, parents have responsibilities, but history education in school is, well, history. My observation is not based on 2 kids. I learned such things in school with limited help from my parents.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Which people raised the snowflakes?

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Kaywoodie, how come you got the flinter and junior has the caplock? You teaching modern history?
laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by Bristoe
we had no awareness of the real situation

Those of us who do have to settle for being considered "kooks".

,....even by Cuban refugees,...

,..lolol,...ain't *that* some schitt?

And this is how we are thinking and feeling in the Trump era. Just wait until the Dems get the Government back .

And we know that day is coming and they are going to be pi$$ed off at those of us who stood up to them. They will give us no quarter.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Kaywoodie, how come you got the flinter and junior has the caplock? You teaching modern history?
laugh

LOL! His daddy bought him that nice little rifle. He just loves hell out of it!!! laugh

Founder

WS

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
A constant stream of gloom and despair as evidenced by many on here could influence many young people to think in a negative manner. Or they could actually experience real life outside of the womb of media and influencers and main street USA. Most of the world is a schidthole infested by angry losers who blame others for their failures and lack of a future. Not unlike many here.

Take a trip to your local VA hospital and spend some time w/ those young people who have actually chosen to leave the bubble of safety and see the what others in the world experience on a daily basis. And have had the awesome opportunity to serve their country and kill some booger eaters in the process.

Quitters quit and blame others. The strong protect the weak and don't expect the losers to understand or participate. There are many folks in each generation who get it and will prevail. The "average" American is awesome and will continue to rule the world if the establishment continues to fail in its' responsibilities.

A little revolution every now and then is a good thing.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by lvmiker
A constant stream of gloom and despair as evidenced by many on here could influence many young people to think in a negative manner. Or they could actually experience real life outside of the womb of media and influencers and main street USA. Most of the world is a schidthole infested by angry losers who blame others for their failures and lack of a future. Not unlike many here.

Take a trip to your local VA hospital and spend some time w/ those young people who have actually chosen to leave the bubble of safety and see the what others in the world experience on a daily basis. And have had the awesome opportunity to serve their country and kill some booger eaters in the process.

Quitters quit and blame others. The strong protect the weak and don't expect the losers to understand or participate. There are many folks in each generation who get it and will prevail. The "average" American is awesome and will continue to rule the world if the establishment continues to fail in its' responsibilities.

mike r

You ain't gonna do nothing.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

mike r

You ain't gonna do nothing.

You judge others by your own standards .... and accomplishments. And serve to prove my point.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

And serve to prove my point.

mike r

Point it out when you do something.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

And serve to prove my point.

mike r

Point it out when you do something.

If not whining about being a loser and blaming others for same needs to be pointed out I will let you know, try it when you're sober.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Not yet,..eh?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
699 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 78 invisible), 2,929 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,681
Posts18,399,678
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.