Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Get ready for a vote of non confidence, it will happen. Nobody is happy with the results and Westerners will not have any representation in cabinet. ( Vancouver doesn't count)
We will have another election soon.
Trudeau does not represent Canada, just a privileged few .
He will not stand up to heavy scrutiny.
In the meantime Westerners will organize. Heads up , folks

BP-B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I don't know if anyone has produced a map of the southern Ontario ridings, comparing 2015 to 2019, but here is the overall standing. The Liberals and the NDP lost and the Cons and the Bloc gained. There is a large immigrant base in and around Toronto. I'll leave it to the pundits to dissect how the vote went there.

Liberal was 177, now 157 - loss of 20 seats

Conservative was 95, now 121 - gain of 26 seats

Bloc was 10, now 32 - gain of 22

NDP was 39, now 24 - loss of 15

Green was 2, now 3 - gain of 1

Others was 9, now 1 - loss of 8

Looks like Canada is going in the right direction anyway. It took us the 2010, 2012, 2014 and then the 2016 to gain control, and what do the conservatives do? they spent their time fighting of course.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, as much as I think the U.S. needs to have a split, Canada seems even more divided...you have quite a dichotomy going on there.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Schitt, boys, move to Nashville!!

We need more good folks who love their God-Given Rights

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ihookem
I don't know if anyone has produced a map of the southern Ontario ridings, comparing 2015 to 2019, but here is the overall standing. The Liberals and the NDP lost and the Cons and the Bloc gained. There is a large immigrant base in and around Toronto. I'll leave it to the pundits to dissect how the vote went there.

Looks like Canada is going in the right direction anyway. It took us the 2010, 2012, 2014 and then the 2016 to gain control, and what do the conservatives do? they spent their time fighting of course.

Depends a lot on what the Quid Pro Quo costs.

Does anyone know what the BlocQ’s stance really is on Fiberal “Gun Control” ?
Or the NDP ?

We may just find out what lengths they will go to,

Last edited by 338Rules; 10/22/19. Reason: Clarity
IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Just recently moved into western Canada. My previous riding in NW Ontario went CPC again after one term as Lieberal.

My new riding in rural Manitoba went strongly CPC as they usually do.

I wish Trudeau no harm, but if he needs someone to preach his funeral, I'd volunteer. smile

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S

Soap Box Time

I think it's business as usual. Canada has a reputation of voting parties out. IOW, we tend to get rid of a party rather than elect one to govern. It's still the Liberal's turn. Next election, it will probably be the Conservatives again.

If one looks at the political parties here, we are pretty messed up. We have one group, the Bloc, that wishes to secede from Canada. They aren't a national party at all, and only field candidates in Quebec. Then we have another party, the Greens, who, until May of this year, only had one member elected to Parliament. Bear in mind that there are 338 elected MPs in Ottawa.

Why then, were Yves-François Blanchet (Bloc) and Elizabeth May (Green) allowed to participate in the televised French and English national debates? Neither is an official party. Neither elected enough members to have official status in Parliament. The Bloc had 10 members, and the Greens had 2. You need at least 12. That's messed up in my view. Having those two participate, watered things down. Some of the message got drowned out or ignored because there were too many debaters.

The west can crab about separation, but they would be better off lobbying for an overhaul of Parliamentary rules and procedures, as well as the restructuring of the Senate. The whole country hears from Elizabeth May daily, yet ordinary Canadians, westerners included, never get that level of attention in the media or on Parliament Hill. This is the inequity.

Why did the Conservatives lose the election when they had more of the popular vote? Justin Trudeau said that he would change the present election system from "first past the post" to "proportional representation". He didn't, and that's lucky for him. Another broken promise. Had he actually fulfilled that election promise, the Liberals would be the Official Opposition and the Conservatives would have been the governing party.

The political system needs an overhaul.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K

Soap Box Time

I think it's business as usual. Canada has a reputation of voting parties out. IOW, we tend to get rid of a party rather than elect one to govern. It's still the Liberal's turn. Next election, it will probably be the Conservatives again.

If one looks at the political parties here, we are pretty messed up. We have one group, the Bloc, that wishes to secede from Canada. They aren't a national party at all, and only field candidates in Quebec. Then we have another party, the Greens, who, until May of this year, only had one member elected to Parliament. Bear in mind that there are 338 elected MPs in Ottawa.

Why then, were Yves-François Blanchet (Bloc) and Elizabeth May (Green) allowed to participate in the televised French and English national debates? Neither is an official party. Neither elected enough members to have official status in Parliament. The Bloc had 10 members, and the Greens had 2. You need at least 12. That's messed up in my view. Having those two participate, watered things down. Some of the message got drowned out or ignored because there were too many debaters.

The west can crab about separation, but they would be better off lobbying for an overhaul of Parliamentary rules and procedures, as well as the restructuring of the Senate. The whole country hears from Elizabeth May daily, yet ordinary Canadians, westerners included, never get that level of attention in the media or on Parliament Hill. This is the inequity.

Why did the Conservatives lose the election when they had more of the popular vote? Justin Trudeau said that he would change the present election system from "first past the post" to "proportional representation". He didn't, and that's lucky for him. Another broken promise. Had he actually fulfilled that election promise, the Liberals would be the Official Opposition and the Conservatives would have been the governing party.

The political system needs an overhaul.

Excellent assessment sir!

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
YUP and MAX PPC had NO Seats ! WTF ? RJ

375 H&H The Real KING of 375 's
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I
Originally Posted by REMINGTONJIM
YUP and MAX PPC had NO Seats ! WTF ? RJ

I think that most people thought of them as a fringe party. I know the people around here didn't take them seriously.

Of the almost 73,000 votes cast in my riding, the PPC only managed 1,369 (less than 2%). Compare that to the Conservative candidate, who got almost 32,000 (44%). The Liberals totaled about 23,000 (31%). The greens did better than the PPC, with a little over 8000 votes (11%)

In their latest release, the CSSA said that the PPC cost the Conservatives votes. From the TEAM CSSA E-NEWS | OCTOBER 24, 2019 --

Voting PPC cost the Conservative Party a total of seven seats – six ridings elected a Liberal when they could have elected a Conservative MP, and another elected an NDP. Had PPC voters supported an electable candidate, the Conservatives would have seven more seats in Parliament.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The CPC ran a candidate here too. I don't know much about them and happen to be a card carrying Conservative.
I like Sheer but the Conservatives need a more dynamic / perfectly bilingual candidate, likely from Ontario or alternatively the west acts more like the Bloc and provide a more unified approach. Maybe with separation lurking in the shadows.
Y'know North America should be split North to South anyways. Albertan's and Arizonan's (sp?) are much alike, Eastern BC'ers and Montanan's also.
The flipping continent is just split up wrong and there is no reason( that I can see) northern Montanan's cannot work in the S.E ,B.C. mines( 60 ish miles away). Instead we hire them from nearby Newfoundland.....but I digress

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
The CPC picked up 26 seats this election with Sheer at the helm. A gain that was destined to be, not because of how good or bad the Conservative leadership was, but because voters were angry with Trudeau's Liberals. It was clearly a message from Canadians to the sitting government.

The Conservative gains would have been more, but for the arrival of the PPC. According to the CSSA (TEAM CSSA E-NEWS | OCTOBER 24, 2019), the PPC caused a vote split which cost the Conservatives 7 seats. They should have gained 33. Regardless, the Conservatives now have 26 more MPs, and everyone here would agree this is a positive change.

WRT those gains, we knew that the election would be close. Pundits predicted (correctly) that the Liberals would be punished for not performing, but not thrown out. That seemed to be the case: the polls hardly changed throughout the 40 days of campaigning. This steady state put them neck and neck with the Conservatives. The polls were not indicating a Liberal ouster, but they were down from 2015. In the end, the Liberals got handed a big slice of humble pie. With a minority government, they will have to watch themselves. It has been argued by political scientists that minority governments often turn out better than majority ones. The downside is, they generally don't last long - typically less than two years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_minority_governments_in_Canada

In another thread in the Canada forum, some posters said that all the polls were skewed, but they were wrong. I believe that the election result was a simple message from Canadians to Justin Trudeau - Smarten the f*ck up!

The next step for the Liberals is to re-think how they will govern. Trudeau's handlers will read him the riot act. Part of the bad news will be that you probably won't be around in two years unless you perform superbly, but that ain't gonna happen.

And the Conservatives? Well, despite the gains in the HoC, Sheer will be held responsible for not winning. It's one of the things about leadership that sucks. Sometimes, even though it isn't your fault, you pay with your head. The Cons will consider replacing him, but it's a bit early yet to know if that will happen.

And the media? Nothing will change. They will continue to misreport much of the news. smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by comerade
The CPC ran a candidate here too. I don't know much about them and happen to be a card carrying Conservative.
I like Sheer but the Conservatives need a more dynamic / perfectly bilingual candidate, likely from Ontario or alternatively the west acts more like the Bloc and provide a more unified approach. Maybe with separation lurking in the shadows.
Y'know North America should be split North to South anyways. Albertan's and Arizonan's (sp?) are much alike, Eastern BC'ers and Montanan's also.
The flipping continent is just split up wrong and there is no reason( that I can see) northern Montanan's cannot work in the S.E ,B.C. mines( 60 ish miles away). Instead we hire them from nearby Newfoundland.....but I digress

Oops PPC not CPC

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
. It was clearly a message from Canadians to the sitting government.

Which they will likely ignore after some initial mumbling, after which it will be "business as usual", to the relief of his fellow KoolAid™ drinkers.

I...I believe that the election result was a simple message from Canadians to Justin Trudeau - Smarten the f*ck up!

... and from a certain segment of the population: LEAVE OUR GUNS ALONE!

Canada: Everything from Eh to Zed.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
723 members (10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 89 invisible), 2,729 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,698
Posts18,399,950
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.