Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
take what you spend on the dog and multiply it by 10. The dog is still worth every penny

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Lennie
A wise man told me, "The price you pay for a dog comes due when the dog goes to doggie heaven."

Indeed. That's the bill that hurts the most.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
My wife gets $2000 for a show quality Beauceron and $1500 for pet quality with all the health testing done.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
My last dog was a rottie. she was playing with the cats and slipped on a hardwood floor and split both of her front leg bones the full length.. the vet said she could not be fixed..I had her for 12 years she was very healthy not overweight or anything and was by my side every minute that I was with her..the only thing that hurt more than putting her down was when my wife of 56 years passed.. I said no more dogs for me..

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Cheap. Very cheap. For what we get out of them. Bargain of a lifetime at any cost.

Just like a wife. Best things to happen to a guy are a great wife and dogs. IMHO.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Now days, what do puppies cost ? Rescue dogs are fine.
If you want a particular breed, what is the range?

Our first Sheltie coat $16 in 1986, our Lilly cost $800 two years ago. That works our pretty cheap per bark. laugh

Now days, what do puppies cost ? Rescue dogs are fine.
If you want a particular breed, what is the range?

Our first Sheltie coat $16 in 1986, our Lilly cost $800 two years ago. That works our pretty cheap per bark. laugh

About $1000 a year give or take.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dandy Cockerpoo, Rocky Apso, Larry Brittany all free. Dad's ratter Lilli cost $90 I think. The lady breeder just loved the breed. What we spent on them beyond that I haven't a clue.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
as i have said previously, most of my goldens have been rescues. Then there is ciara, the girl princess, now about 7. I was heart broken over the death of another golden, heard about this breeder, and got to see the puppies almost right after birth. I eventually got the choice of the the two females, selecting the runt of the litter. she had all the health certificate and lineage of her parents.
ciara had a uti the first week we brought her home. I didn't really know what a urinary tract infection was. Bad allergies that continued up to her present age. at about six months she was limping, 4000 dollar plus surgery bill to repair her front elbows.
she probably runs me about 200 a month for medications and it's well spent.
the dog understands an aweful lot of english, you just have to say words and she knows what you are talking about.
light of my life, constant companion.
all my other companions have some medical issue which i deal with to keep them happy.
I had a guy one time ask me why i spent so much on dogs, rather than the same time effort and money on people. real simple, dogs treat me better.
max the 12 year old, 4k for a broken leg, and monthly cost of antiseizure medication.
molly , another rescue, monthly medications.
the 15 year old lap dog has cost about 5k. that money was set aside for her care by a prior owner who died, all went for medical bills.
ciara is a typical goldie, which you don't often see. Looks more like a spaniel, short powerful legs, light yellow coat almost white, short nose, blocky head.
people often mention owning dogs. I don't own these dogs, they own me.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 10/21/19.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
What you pay for a dog is only the beginning. Vet bills, and all the rest.

^^^THIS^^^

Our 8 year old Lab cost $800.00 as a puppy. His running tab is up to about $6000.00 and getting ready to go up some more. I never had a dog with so many leg problems.

$800.00

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Add $5000.00 for Achilles Tendon surgery last Winter. Still needs the other one done.

On Wednesday he's going in to get an injection in his elbow for arthritis. I still love him like my son though.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
What you pay for a dog is only the beginning. Vet bills, and all the rest.

^^^THIS^^^

Our 8 year old Lab cost $800.00 as a puppy. His running tab is up to about $6000.00 and getting ready to go up some more. I never had a dog with so many leg problems.

$800.00

Add $5000.00 for Achilles Tendon surgery last Winter. Still needs the other one done.

On Wednesday he's going in to get an injection in his elbow for arthritis. I still love him like my son though.

I would have spent the same amount of money on any of our three. I have 2 Parson Russell Terriers both 10 years old and a 4 year old Bull Mastiff. I have been lucky so far.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
My last beagle was free from the classifieds in a local paper. By the time she died at 15.5 years of age I had 7000.00 in vet bills invested in her. She was worth every penny.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guess we've been lucky, only one not so minor surgery. No clue what it cost, we just paid it. Our dogs get a lifetime contract.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Lennie
A wise man told me, "The price you pay for a dog comes due when the dog goes to doggie heaven."

Had to go pick up our dog from being boarded at our vet this morning. There was a lit candle at the window where a person checks in. Next to the candle is a sign that asks people to be respectful, they're in the process of putting someone's pet to sleep. The sadness on their faces when they leave is heartbreaking.

The cost of a dog is irrelevant. The loyalty and companionship a dog gives is priceless.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
if ya want a pitbull or pit mix i know a kill shelter that has them cheap.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jackmountain
$850 for a GSP pup 3 weeks ago. Wouldn't take 3x that for her now though.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Man, I miss our GSPs. Our two GSPs helped raise our kids. Would have been harder without the GSPs.

After our last one passed, we planned on getting a couple more, but the good Lord played a prank on us and now we have two second-hand dogs: a rat terrier with a bum back leg, and a what looks like a runt american bulldog, complete with bobbed tail and dewclaws removed.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Zofia the beagle was the last pup left in the litter (can’t understand why she wasn’t the first picked) and I brought her home 8 1/2 years ago for $200.00. Both parents were field champs and she would run a rabbit for an hour and bring it around 3 or 4 times as a 7 or 8 month old pup. Rather small beagle (25 lbs.), but she lifts off and roars when she’s chasing. Too many ticks though, she’d have three or four on her muzzle every time we were out. I put the flea and tick stuff on her, but it was a losing proposition for me crushing the brush. Unfortunately, it wasn’t worth battling the ticks, so we don’t hunt rabbits.
$75.00 or so for a checkup and shots every April. She lives outside in a run during the day and sleeps in the house every night. Thrives on Blue Buffalo Chicken and Brown Rice recipe with a little taste of people food mixed in. She’s a very happy dog.
My neighbor once told me that, “she’s leading an upper middle class life”.
Great companion.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
B
B
A performance Lab with a field trial champion as the stud will start at $1500 and go up from there. It will have all of the health certs done.
Buying is the cheapest part of owning an animal.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Our standard schnauzer cost something over a thousand. He’s an awesome buddy for us and I don’t care what he costs us.
Unclipped, neutered unfortunately but only one testicle dropped so ...... he’s a hairy beast with our hearts in him. The Viking Fire princess is completely in love and spoils the heck out of him. 45 pounds of fun. Maybe we’ll try some chukars this winter, he sure has interest in hunting

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I paid $600 for my Lab at 8 weeks old. He was bred by a couple who had a nice pair of Labs and decided to breed a litter. The young man gave me all the necessary papers to get him AKC registered and when his papers came back it showed that he had a very good linage of field Labs on both sides.

I keep him lean and work him out regularly. He stays at 75 pounds.

He's closing in on 3 years old and is calming down a bit. He has an excellent disposition.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Paid 75 bucks for my newest dog which is a beautiful brindle colored American Shelter Dog puppy. Smart as hell and a real nice dog. She is 10 months old now and about 50 pounds. She looks a lot like a Plotty.

living the good life every day
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
110 members (35, 32_20fan, 338reddog, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,409 guests, and 698 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.