Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by fredIII
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by kingston
If he wasn't doing this stuff for profit, I'd say give the guy a break. Nugent is a professional and plays the high profile TV super star game. The standard should be higher, the highest, really. It's not like Alaska passed the law the day before and he was already in the woods. It's not enough to claim it as an innocent mistake/oversight, not when you're representing an industry at that level. It shouldn't go without mention that Nugent's actions reflect on the rest of us hunters who are not an industry—on all of us who hunt for our own reasons.

The ironic part I posted above.

You mean there are only two things you dislike about him?

His face?

Art you could not possibly be more of an opinionated sack of shït if you tried. But in your defense lots of guys here have forgotten about you ripping people off and loosing your mod spot. LOL.

What have you added lately that has had any value?

BP-B2

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by ironbender

That dont sound right.

There was a F&G bio that shot a moose, that was not recovered. A day or two later, shoots a moose he thinks is the one that was wounded. It wasn't..

Ticket and bit of chit storm was the result. This in the last year or three.

I believe you are talking about the case on the kenai pen.? If so he got in trouble because an aircraft was used in looking for the moose/recovery of wounded moose. Much different circumstance than what is being discussed in this thread.

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by FishinHank

Art you could not possibly be more of an opinionated sack of shït if you tried. But in your defense lots of guys here have forgotten about you ripping people off and loosing your mod spot. LOL.

What have you added lately that has had any value?[/quote]

Plenty of value in reminding people that Sitka Deer ripped people off. And to be careful of such an active member on these forums.

Last edited by WDH; 10/25/19.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by wildhobbybobby
I spent 25 years enforcing the fish and game laws and I had an unhappy experience with him.

Cat scratch fever?

Cat scratch fever can make you pretty queasy sometimes.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
I can see differing laws. For example, if you can take 5 black bears, whats the deal with loosing one if it happens? But if its a moose where there are few, or a brown bear where you get one every 4 years or such...

Obviously I hate to loose any animal. And I lost a deer last year. If we were in an area I could have used my dog, IE way to many burrs and he simply could not walk anymore... but we looked for that deer for a full day before we had to be back at work and found him the next weekend. Made me sick to my stomach. But it happened. In our case we need to take more deer than we do to control numbers so did not tag and were not required to.

Brings another question. One you can't legislate in words IMHO... well you can but it ends up being this one drop of blood law. So what if you KNOW there it is not a vital hit and will recover. It happens to folks. In fact sometimes you see the animal the next day or days and cannot get another shot. That happens. Animals receive far worse wounds at times due to nature and its cruelty.

I am not up on all legalities but another thing comes to mind. In Teds case mentioned here, if AK did not charge him with a violation, and thats what I think I recall reading from Art on this thread, then how can feds charge him with a Lacey act type violation. IE AK was ok and nothing illegal happened or they would have charged him. Feds can come in( would not surprise me as I worked for low level .gov until I got sick and tired of how crooked or not caring it was) and decide he did violate a STATE law even though not charged, so we'll charge him. Or can the feds charge against a state law first, then follow up with their ad ons?

Again not really taking sides so much here, just throwing out thoughts.

I've had the exposure to be able to shoot deer that were shot hours before, days before and weeks before. Doing it mostly out of curiosity. Amazing what animals can survive. Like even a hole through both lungs. Just flat amazing.

Bottom line if you don't like a law you have three choices. Follow it. Break it, get it changed. Easiest is to follow. Its what we do.
And one has to realize the fish and game folks are not perfect in anyones eyes, but they have a super tough job to do. Heck I'm not perfect either so its the way it is. We and they do their level best most of the time, and one has to applaud them for that.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
I can see differing laws. For example, if you can take 5 black bears, whats the deal with loosing one if it happens? But if its a moose where there are few, or a brown bear where you get one every 4 years or such...

Obviously I hate to loose any animal. And I lost a deer last year. If we were in an area I could have used my dog, IE way to many burrs and he simply could not walk anymore... but we looked for that deer for a full day before we had to be back at work and found him the next weekend. Made me sick to my stomach. But it happened. In our case we need to take more deer than we do to control numbers so did not tag and were not required to.

Brings another question. One you can't legislate in words IMHO... well you can but it ends up being this one drop of blood law. So what if you KNOW there it is not a vital hit and will recover. It happens to folks. In fact sometimes you see the animal the next day or days and cannot get another shot. That happens. Animals receive far worse wounds at times due to nature and its cruelty.

I am not up on all legalities but another thing comes to mind. In Teds case mentioned here, if AK did not charge him with a violation, and thats what I think I recall reading from Art on this thread, then how can feds charge him with a Lacey act type violation. IE AK was ok and nothing illegal happened or they would have charged him. Feds can come in( would not surprise me as I worked for low level .gov until I got sick and tired of how crooked or not caring it was) and decide he did violate a STATE law even though not charged, so we'll charge him. Or can the feds charge against a state law first, then follow up with their ad ons?

Again not really taking sides so much here, just throwing out thoughts.

I've had the exposure to be able to shoot deer that were shot hours before, days before and weeks before. Doing it mostly out of curiosity. Amazing what animals can survive. Like even a hole through both lungs. Just flat amazing.

Bottom line if you don't like a law you have three choices. Follow it. Break it, get it changed. Easiest is to follow. Its what we do.
And one has to realize the fish and game folks are not perfect in anyones eyes, but they have a super tough job to do. Heck I'm not perfect either so its the way it is. We and they do their level best most of the time, and one has to applaud them for that.

The Lacey Act gives options to prosecutors when they cannot go after nonresident violators at the State level. I know of many where the State did not file charges. Within the statute of limitations the State can file charges but when someone fights it is easier to let the Feds do it.

Ted was undoubtedly given the option to deal with AK.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
What a dumbazz if so. I'd take the state before the feds any day. Chances of a bit less corruption if it was there at all.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What a dumbazz if so. I'd take the state before the feds any day. Chances of a bit less corruption if it was there at all.

A smart lawyer would likely point out the Feds could still get him after the State. Two different offenses, no double jeopardy... even if they promised not to.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
I am not an attorney or even close... so you are ahead of me in thinking for sure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wildhobbybobby
I spent 25 years enforcing the fish and game laws and I had an unhappy experience with him.

Originally Posted by 1minute
The Nuge and I are from the same era. Would not bother answering the door if he showed up and immediately switch channels with a screen appearance. Could be he has seen God, but his history and morals are well embedded in my memory banks. I'm not big on forgiving.

I have a friend that video graphs for a cable outdoor show. He spent a week remote with Nuge and company on an AK bear hunt. After it was over he told me the guy was the biggest azzhole you'd ever meet, said he would never go on another trip where he was involved. I didn't ask for specifics but find it interesting people that have had a personal experience with him have nothing good to say.

It speaks volumes...

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'd take the state before the feds any day. Chances of a bit less corruption if it was there at all.

Ha!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have guided a number of hunters who knew him and asked if we were interested in having him as a hunter as he wanted a brown bear.
From everything I knew and what I had gathered from talking with his friends I decided we were full.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 458Win
I have guided a number of hunters who knew him and asked if we were interested in having him as a hunter as he wanted a brown bear.
From everything I knew and what I had gathered from talking with his friends I decided we were full.

Phil. Thanks for that info. I"ve been telling my Ted worshipping nephew I had a bad feeling about him not at all being what the nephew worshipped. Now I'll show him this.
Guy is supposed to be doing us all good according to some. I"ve never liked him from what I've seen.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Ted is an egomaniac. It is very apparent and should be no surprise that he does what he feels like and feels entitled to do so. He is a good guitar player and loves hunting and shooting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ted is welcomed at my campfire anytime.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
No idea, but Sharp Things (Ron Kulas) is !

grin

laugh

Camp is where you make it.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
635 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12308300, 54 invisible), 2,888 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,740
Posts18,401,149
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.