Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#14223257 10/23/19
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Every statin drug I've taken results in some muscular myopathy. Weakness and pain, stiffness. I tell my doctor this and he says I need it anyway because I'm a diabetic. I do not have high cholesterol with an LDL of 84 and an HDL of 51 and a total of 165. Why I need a statin without high cholesterol I don't understand.

So I tell the doctor that it always causes me pain and he says I need to take it anyway. Why is it OK to have pain?

My sister tells me CQ-10 helps with this so I'm going to give it a try.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Got a relative who works in a lab testing that schit and he says never take them. Turns the test animals' organs to junk.

I am not on board with "cholesterol bad" as its what a lot of your body is made of and its there to repair your arteries. Inflammation is the enemy. More meat and veggies less bread and cereal and sugars.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i had a discussion more than once with my quack over statins. since they come with a warning not to eat citrus like grapefruit, which i love but can't have because of the statins, why don't i just eat grapefruit? Because we can't measure it properly.
I am diabetic too, which means there are different standards. last time i had it checked i was well within the boundaries for a normal person, but i am not a normal person, i am diabetic, much lower numbers required.
understand what you mean.
few years ago a friend wanted a life insurance policy requiring a blood test. he was worried about the numbers. Talked to his brother, a M.D. who told him to eat a lot of grapefruit. it worked, and it brought the numbers down from when brother had it tested.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Good luck, pain is a way of life for me, I just deal with it, it is what it is, I just keep moving and take my vitamins. smile

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If you have not taken rosuvastatin you should request a script and give it a try. I have no myalgia with it and had all the typical side effects with other statins. Also have you vitamin D level checked.

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
If I was you, I'd just start eating right, if you are not already, and ditch the statin crap. I've been picking up my prescriptions for about a year and not taking a single pill. Maybe I'll sell them in a dark alley sometime. lol.

I'm prescribed BP meds, too, which I buy but don't take, and everytime I go to the doc, my BP is fine. They think it's the pills and I know better. It's me and a proper diet.

I've been bone on bone in one knee for about 30 years. It used to really give me problems sometime and other times, nothing. Then I found an over the counter pill called Instaflex and that cleared up most of my pain for about 10 years. Recently, it's started not to help, so I believe I'll do a full knee replacement soon. When I went into the doc to talk about his, he asked if I'd had any shots in my knee. I hadn't, so he said he could give me one, which wouldn't clear up the source of my pain, but would help for a couple months, so I took one. That shot hurt worse than my knee had been, and didn't help for about a week, then it kicked in and I have no pain whatsoever in that knee now. What I do have though are weird cramps I've never had before not only in that leg but also my hands and left leg. I called to ask if that ever happened and of course they said no, but it does for me and there is nothing else I have added to my diet or body than that shot.

Like about any profession, it's really hard to find a doctor who is both aware, honest, and takes the time and has the abilities to do things right.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Got a relative who works in a lab testing that schit and he says never take them. Turns the test animals' organs to junk.

I am not on board with "cholesterol bad" as its what a lot of your body is made of and its there to repair your arteries. Inflammation is the enemy. More meat and veggies less bread and cereal and sugars.

Cholesterol is good stuff. You are correct in your assessment. The medical profession made it bad, because they made a product to sell, that lowered it.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
cholesterol shares the main molecular structure as all the hormones and steroids in your body, and is the main building block for them,

by itself it is an incredible anti-inflammatory, and like the cortisol in your body works by "covering" the inflammation site. which results in the "plaques".

statins inhibit pathway that finishes the cholesterol structure (acetyl co-A) and this reduction in cholesterol is one of the reasons for pain, (lowered anti-inflammatory process)

grapefruit, among others, inhibit enzymes in the stomach of the cytochrome p450 (CYP 3AY) type which cause an increase in the absorbed concentration of some drugs, thus the warning against them.

Co Q 10 should be taken if you are taking them, (even if your not) It Does work. As well as Vit D, but make sure it is D3 not regular

More of the middle chain fatty acids should be consumed, fish oil 4 times a day is FDA approved for high cholesterol, also coconut oils should be taken.

Unless you are a type I diabetic , the term diabetes is meaningless. It can be controlled better with a "fasting" schedule than any other means.

The reduction in pain from steroid shots, is due to their complete blockage of all bio-chemical process, and will cause a degradation of the bone in those areas. The "leg" pain in the back of the knees and lower "ass" area of the hamstring muscles, is due to shrinkage and non use, because the knee side muscles are not strong enough to support the upper body structure to use the major muscles.

At the latter stage of mens lives, andropause will set in and convert testosterone to estradiol which is cardioprotective by releasing the cholesterol plaques,

This is seen when some doctors have no idea as to the sequence of events in giving testosterone supplements as seen on some of the TV shows aired recently.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My general view on drugs is that they're all poison to the human body.

I take nothing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't read past your original post. I suggest you get a different doctor.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Etoh...myself and the other diabetics would be all ears about the fasting schedule or any other info you can share. Thanks in advance

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by BangPop
If you have not taken rosuvastatin you should request a script and give it a try. I have no myalgia with it and had all the typical side effects with other statins. Also have you vitamin D level checked.

Vit D has about 100 metabolic byproducts, all of which are pharmacologically active. The mechanism is only known on about 10. There is no blood level guideline for any of them.

Its easy to use the 20/20 hindsight in saying that cholesterol was villainized. But hindsight arguments are of one the major logical fallacies in evaluating events. i.e. (straw man argument, etc,)

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
My general view on drugs is that they're all poison to the human body.

I take nothing.

Yes that is correct, all drugs have a safety range, therapeutic range, toxicology profile, etc. But must be remember that hormones are not drugs, regardless of what the gov. says or does.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I chugged a fresca with my anti-rejection pills. I didn't die but still...Gawd, old people drink some horrible shît. Ewwww!!

Docs told me no more SunnyD and have to give up Sundrop too.

Both have grapefruit in them.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Etoh...myself and the other diabetics would be all ears about the fasting schedule or any other info you can share. Thanks in advance

Diabetes is mislabeled. It is an immune response. It has nothing to do with sugar, glucose, etc. It is an overload of the messaging system to the transport system of chemicals used in energy production.

It needs rest.

do not trust early morning readings, or use them for planning diets, in fact the term "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" causes more problems. than anything

eat/take vinegar or citrates.

all fruits are fattening, and (an apple a day ect. should be junked with the breakfast saying) the large amounts of fructose are turned to fat in the liver rather than immediately use. and large amts. of xanthines are produced in reducing them, which makes gout crystals.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I could read your posts all day long.

Great stuff.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Well my pancreas does not produce insulin anymore due to being on a medicine that stimulates it to make more for about 8 years. Doc says it got burnt out basically.

I take 20 units of fast acting insulin after eating and 70 time released units at night before bed.

Been a long strange trip for sure. I can't seem to lose weight and I feel like hell all the time.

I drink zero sugar and put zero sugar on food. I cannot seem to get away from bread completely but when I did my numbers were quite good.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Glucovance was the drug I was trying to remember

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
My blood sugar is fine. Am not diabetic. Am pnly on OTC allergy meds.

I hurt all over 24/7.

Golden years are gonna suck I reckon.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Go on a meat and salad diet for a month. No bread no sugar. Betcha feel better regardless of what blood sugar says.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1973cb450, 73 invisible), 3,046 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,259
Posts18,467,093
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.