Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Slope77
I’m a Gen-Xer.

Specific to Harleys, I’ve never seen the attraction to the primary mode of transport for criminal gangs known as drug traffickers, pimps, rapists, and murderers. Plus I can’t stand the sound of the things.

Well then I would suggest that you never ride the public transit system.... dumb phhuck...

GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
[quote][/quote]
Originally Posted by hanco
A young guy could get a lot more pussy on a Harley than anything else when I was young. I don’t know if that’s true now??

I'm old and in late sixties and early seventies, I got as much riding a 10 speed as I did my knucklehead! Usually cleaner too!😁

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
All the old fart harley riders crashed too often while not wearing a helmet. Who knew that a bandanna and a ponytail didn't make you bulletproof? The dirt and sportbike riders are still kicking azz and playing in the mountains....albeit a little slower. The 'challenged' ride scooters and mowers.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by auk1124
Only older people can afford one

This. Same with classic muscle cars. Go to a small town Cruise event or car show, and the average age is probably 70.

Jealousy is a very powerful human emotion.. especially amongst those who WANT, but don't WANT to work for it.

Laughing.

Want to borrow my screwdriver? Your stuff needs to he tightened... you clearly have some loose.. where the hell did that line come from lmao!

Nah, dude. The donkey's schitting on your foot and you don't even know it.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Harley riders can afford to eat steak, too. Dirt bikers have to settle for hot dogs, veggie burgers, or maybe tofu!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This has got to be the oldest of all the old people threads. Why is it someone else's fault that they dont like what you like?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Harley-Davidson Co. which specialized in personal transportation for 'big snarling he-men' -
in 1982 went all woman like crying to the gov. for protectionist tariffs against the Japanese competition...

...they filed a Section 201, claiming victim status that such competition was the cause of their financial problems.
the funny part was the Jap bike companies offered HD millions as well as their technology to improve HD products
to help prop up their struggling business model.

prior 1982, HD filed suit against the Jap companies, but the US commerce Dept. didn't see validity in HDs case.
come 2018 , HD says moving production offshore ' is the only sustainable option'
so their products can avoid EU tariffs and remain competitive in Europe.

Trump castigated HD saying he would rather have HD stay in the US and suffer EU tarrifs.

rather hypocritical for a person that has much of his wealth due to his business investments
in far away foreign lands using foreign credit and employing non Americans, ..daughter Ivanka
makes her wealth in the same un-American way.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by renegade50
The young want fast and furious jap cars and rice rockets.

Haven't priced high end Jap stuff lately, have you? That WAS true in the 70' s through the '90's. Not now. Seems most opinions were formed during that time. I found I didn't have to ride a Harley hard, to enjoy it. Again, like a vintage bike, without all the tinkering , bad handling, oil leaks that go with vintage bikes. My Jap sport bikes had to be around 100mph, to start to feel them. They are good machines, for sure, and fun, too. If I was rich, I'd have another R100RS, a Ducati, and a few jap sport bikes of varying sizes. As long as I'm dreaming, I also want an RZ500....

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Starman
Harley-Davidson Co. which specialized in personal transportation for 'big snarling he-men' -
in 1982 went all woman like crying to the gov. for protectionist tariffs against the Japanese competition...

...they filed a Section 201, claiming victim status that such competition was the cause of their financial problems.
the funny part was the Jap bike companies offered HD millions as well as their technology to improve HD products
to help prop up their struggling business model.

prior 1982, HD filed suit against the Jap companies, but the US commerce Dept. didn't see validity in HDs case.
come 2018 , HD says moving production offshore ' is the only sustainable option'
so their products can avoid EU tariffs and remain competitive in Europe.

Trump castigated HD saying he would rather have HD stay in the US and suffer EU tarrifs.

rather hypocritical for a person that has much of his wealth due to his business investments
in far away foreign lands using foreign credit and employing non Americans, ..daughter Ivanka
makes her wealth in the same un-American way.

Hmmm, a lefty globalist who denigrates a company for going global to remain competitive, due to leftists who drove American manufacturing, offshore.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A young guy could get a lot more pussy on a Harley than anything else when I was young. I don’t know if that’s true now??

Plenty of young guys don't want that anymore...

what they want is a fellow young guy... and cool video games or a scooter work better...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Seafire

Plenty of young guys don't want that anymore...

what they want is a fellow young guy... and cool video games or a scooter work better...

He is talking a time, when men were men, and we knew the goal was indeed pussy, not some skinny jean wearing f~cktard, to circle jerk around a pokemon game !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 19352012
This has got to be the oldest of all the old people threads. Why is it someone else's fault that they dont like what you like?

Exactly..... everyone who doesn’t like what you do and jump on your bandwagon is somehow a femboy pussay. Heck, enjoy it. Usually low demand means lower prices.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by benchman
Originally Posted by renegade50
The young want fast and furious jap cars and rice rockets.

Haven't priced high end Jap stuff lately, have you? That WAS true in the 70' s through the '90's. Not now. Seems most opinions were formed during that time. I found I didn't have to ride a Harley hard, to enjoy it. Again, like a vintage bike, without all the tinkering , bad handling, oil leaks that go with vintage bikes. My Jap sport bikes had to be around 100mph, to start to feel them. They are good machines, for sure, and fun, too. If I was rich, I'd have another R100RS, a Ducati, and a few jap sport bikes of varying sizes. As long as I'm dreaming, I also want an RZ500....

Ummmmmm..
OK.....
Keyword in my post= the word "want"..........
Whatever your response means to you in your mind in regards to my post, roll with it!!!!
LOL!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 10/23/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

that's the nature of some of the members here, nothing like an 80 year old fart who sits around all day sharting his pants, reading old-man romance novels telling you youre stupid for the way you climb a tree and hunt deer.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by slumlord

that's the nature of some of the members here, nothing like an 80 year old fart who sits around all day sharting his pants, reading old-man romance novels telling you youre stupid for the way you climb a tree and hunt deer.

Or all the baby boomers making fun of millennials not realizing it was their [bleep] parenting that blossomed that generation!

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Originally Posted by auk1124
Only older people can afford one

This. Same with classic muscle cars. Go to a small town Cruise event or car show, and the average age is probably 70.

Jealousy is a very powerful human emotion.. especially amongst those who WANT, but don't WANT to work for it.

Laughing.

Want to borrow my screwdriver? Your stuff needs to he tightened... you clearly have some loose.. where the hell did that line come from lmao!

Nah, dude. The donkey's schitting on your foot and you don't even know it.

Where the f did you get that anyones jealous of anyone for owning a harley on this thread? And if you honestly think “only older people can afford one” you really are dumb ass fug.... lots of youngin’s out here making some serious coin on this here thing you type your repetitive dumbassery posts on... its called the internet, and its making some of us rich....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I get a kick out of the folks that play dress up on Harley’s.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another example of the wussification of America.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Far as I can tell Harley is marketed to a diminishing demographic. Probably 90% of the guys you see on a Harley are old and fat, and look like they are playing dress up. You think that's appealing to anyone except other old fat guys? Times change, and Harley didn't. Not many industries out there where you can keep doing the same thing and expect to remain successful forever, especially when the competition keeps moving.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1973cb450, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,765 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,256
Posts18,467,051
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.