Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
stupid law if thats the case. and a bunch liberals, that part I get. Damn shame its illegal to....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
No. Next question.

W
WDH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Google ted nugent California and see what comes up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
No idea, but Sharp Things (Ron Kulas) is !

grin

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
NO , Nuge did nothing wrong.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
As usual, a lot more to the story.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
stupid law if thats the case. and a bunch liberals, that part I get. Damn shame its illegal to....

Very old news and yes he broke the law. In SE AK the law has long been "draw blood and you are done." It was expanded to Kodiak bears at least 15 years ago.

Ted is eliding the obvious printing of the law in the book.He was not the only or first charged. millions to fight a misdemeanors? Bullshit! He was charged in Federal Courts and his repeat offender status was why...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I have no doubt that some prosecutions in the US have a major political component. Here is how it works,if your outspoken politics offends the wrong prosecutor,they can go after you in ways you can not imagine.

If you happen to get a judge who does not smell a rat in this,you are at their mercy. Even with a sympathetic judge,you can be forced into expensive and unfair plea bargains because the cost of fighting the government in court will be your life savings.

Look at the whole Trump-Biden mess and tell me there is not a world of bias infecting our system.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Very old news and yes he broke the law. In SE AK the law has long been "draw blood and you are done." It was expanded to Kodiak bears at least 15 years ago.

Ted is eliding the obvious printing of the law in the book.He was not the only or first charged. millions to fight a misdemeanors? Bullshit! He was charged in Federal Courts and his repeat offender status was why...

I disagree,I spent 100,000 in legal fees in a case that I settled. I was told by my lawyers that the cost of a lengthy trial would be several times that.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
He always reads the regs......

Except when he doesn’t.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ironbender

Except when he doesn’t.

thats a good one. Laughed on that part in the video.

Its a stupid law I'll stand by that even if Art rips me a new one. LOL. BUT I get it. Must be a reason for it.

I've never hunted SE AK and have never read that part of the book. One should read before they go.

And this damn ever need to film and take pictures and post things.... I don't get it much. The less you put out there the less you odds of making a mistake.

That said I'd love to see the video, but have not googled it. Arrow bouncing off is kind of weird, maybe it never actually touched the bear but a limb in front of. I"ve seen that on elk 2 times...

I know guides typically enforce the blood you are tagged thing. And I don't even care for that, having more than a few animals under the belt every now and then one is nicked that bleeds a bit but none the worse for wear. To be charged for that is stupid again, IMHO.

Bottom line stupid or not, law is the law and its up to you to know and follow. Don't like it don't hunt that area or state etc... Fairly simple IMHO.

And then if people would follow at least 2S things would be better generally.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Nuge and I are from the same era. Would not bother answering the door if he showed up and immediately switch channels with a screen appearance. Could be he has seen God, but his history and morals are well embedded in my memory banks. I'm not big on forgiving.

Last edited by 1minute; 10/23/19.

1Minute
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender

Except when he doesn’t.

thats a good one. Laughed on that part in the video.

Its a stupid law I'll stand by that even if Art rips me a new one. LOL. BUT I get it. Must be a reason for it.

I've never hunted SE AK and have never read that part of the book. One should read before they go.

And this damn ever need to film and take pictures and post things.... I don't get it much. The less you put out there the less you odds of making a mistake.

That said I'd love to see the video, but have not googled it. Arrow bouncing off is kind of weird, maybe it never actually touched the bear but a limb in front of. I"ve seen that on elk 2 times...

I know guides typically enforce the blood you are tagged thing. And I don't even care for that, having more than a few animals under the belt every now and then one is nicked that bleeds a bit but none the worse for wear. To be charged for that is stupid again, IMHO.

Bottom line stupid or not, law is the law and its up to you to know and follow. Don't like it don't hunt that area or state etc... Fairly simple IMHO.

And then if people would follow at least 2S things would be better generally.

The reasoning behind the law is simply there were hunters hitting bears and not finding them. a significant number of animals, especially bears were found with old bullets and wounds.

One inconsistency among many in hunting regs is shooting from boats. It is illegal in SE for big game. Illegal in PWS and on Kodiak for bears.

Arrow hit bone and deflected in the case at hand, but they found lots of blood.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

I disagree,I spent 100,000 in legal fees in a case that I settled. I was told by my lawyers that the cost of a lengthy trial would be several times that.

Simple question... did you break an obvious law resulting in a misdemeanor and compound it by breaking a bunch of well-known and related Federal laws?

Using the excuse he did not intentionally do something stupid is hardly an excuse, but it is all he has. He can always fight, but what would the grounds be? There is no way he wins that fight.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
AK game regs are specific that " bears wounded in game units 1-5 and 8, and elk wounded in unit 8 do count toward your bag limit "

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
It's obviously political. Nothing would have come of it if those leftists would not have kicked up a storm.

Interesting how he has been the only one ever charged under this law.

I know a lot of people here don't like Ted Nugent but this was obviously an honest mistake and now he is not allowed to hunt in the U.S for two years. Are you kidding me?

BTW don't think this kind of thing can't happen to any one of us. We have all heard of gun owners getting in serious trouble over some little technicality. This should give us all an idea on how they are planning to use those red flag laws.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ignorance of the law is no excuse. And then selling videos of breaking the law ? Were the courts suppose to ignore it ?

One of the reasons states like Alaska require guides for hunting some animals is to insure someone knows the laws and can be held accountable.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L

Not limited to bears, Art, tho those are specifically spelled out. Definition of "hunt" overs all species statewide. Heck, if one wants to interpret that reg in it's most severe form, if you pick up a gun and leave the house with the intent to "hunt", you are all done for the day. Dontcha love lawyer-speak?

I think it is designed to give Brown Shirts wide latitude in writing citations. Fortunately, most of them are pretty responsible in that area, and don't want to look ridiculous in court.

High profile is going to get you extra attention- best to hew tightly (and know) the regs. Nugent has been lax (deliberately or otherwise in some, I don't know) in several instances. well, there was that C'mon Deer Here" baiting incident - that had to be deliberate.

Last edited by las; 10/23/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Still trying to wrap my head around an arrow hitting a rib and doing a 180

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (1_deuce, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,081 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,076
Posts18,463,825
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.