Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I don't post much here anymore, but one of the things I miss about this place before it went off the rails was the threads dedicated to simply pics and stories of how guys' season went. I can't remember how they were titled, but I remember there were threads that were kind of a catchall for how the season went for everybody. Would be neat if we could do it again.

Our rifle season opens up here in a few days, pretty stoked. I haven't tagged out on anything the last couple years, been too picky but my son has done ok. This year I'm not being so picky. smile

MAGA
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good to see you Gruff. Our rifle season is still a month off.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hope you and your son have a fun season Gruf,

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Great to see you back I like those threads too!

Best of luck to you and your son this season,

Efw

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So far it has been a good season for me, and I still have a Montana mule deer hunt and a late cow elk hunt left here in WY, plus lots of pheasant and chukar.

So far this fall I've taken 3 antelope (2 does, 1 buck), a mule deer buck, a raghorn elk and a fair amount of grouse.

If you want to count 2019 as a whole: I've also got a mouflon ram, Iberian red deer, spring black bear and 2 tom turkeys, plus some late winter rock and willow ptarmagin. I struck out on Himalayan snowcock.

Could be a worse year, no doubt.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Haven’t killed anything but pigs yet, but having a great time!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hey Gruff, look forward to the photos....like 'the old days.'

Good luck to you and your son. Bet he has grown.....

Still packing the fast twist .22-250?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Gwen and I have both killed does during archery season. rut starts very soon more to come. give em' hell Gruff

FJB
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Give 'em hell BGG...Im sitting this one out...going to Texas and hunt where its warm!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Thanks for the well wishes gentlemen, been gone from the homestead quite a bit this year, looking forward to some downtime in the woods with the boy. Good luck to all you guys as well!

I was going to try and smoke a pig when I was in TX, but just didn't work out. Someday.

Originally Posted by T_Inman
So far it has been a good season for me, and I still have a Montana mule deer hunt and a late cow elk hunt left here in WY, plus lots of pheasant and chukar.

So far this fall I've taken 3 antelope (2 does, 1 buck), a mule deer buck, a raghorn elk and a fair amount of grouse.

If you want to count 2019 as a whole: I've also got a mouflon ram, Iberian red deer, spring black bear and 2 tom turkeys, plus some late winter rock and willow ptarmagin. I struck out on Himalayan snowcock.

Could be a worse year, no doubt.

That's a hell of a year T-man. Damn! never heard of a snowcock, afraid to Google it.

Originally Posted by mmgravy
Hey Gruff, look forward to the photos....like 'the old days.'

Good luck to you and your son. Bet he has grown.....

Still packing the fast twist .22-250?

Almost 17 and he's bigger'n me now. Looking forward to him dragging my deer out for a change. smile

The 2-fiddy is on back up. Too many damned grizz around, I'm toting my '06 with 200 gr partitions when I'm by myself or with the boy. Got pics and shidt right here tight against my property fence. Makes dragging the deer home through the willows and across the creek up to my place a bit tense lol.

Originally Posted by rockchucker
Gwen and I have both killed does during archery season. rut starts very soon more to come. give em' hell Gruff

Been seeing your pics, good times man.

MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Thanks for the well wishes gentlemen, been gone from the homestead quite a bit this year, looking forward to some downtime in the woods with the boy. Good luck to all you guys as well!

I was going to try and smoke a pig when I was in TX, but just didn't work out. Someday.

Almost 17 and he's bigger'n me now. Looking forward to him dragging my deer out for a change. smile

17? Holy spit, times flies.

I smoked a pig in Texas once. Did not taste good. She was a fattie......and ugly.

Miss you.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey 'Gruff, good to see you posting.

Rifle season starts Nov 2nd, so Deb, the boy & I will likely get into it soon enough.

Got a couple of bears tearing things up, so if our paths cross before Oct 31st, that'll be first meat.

Been so wet that we didn't bow hunt this season.

Lookin' forward to everyone stories & pic essays !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks for the update!!

Look forward to seeing photos.....

The fast twist Swift worked out very, very well. Sure kills shidt....

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Ohhh that's nice when that happens. lol.

I'm right on the cusp of that happening. He's 14

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One bear so far and my blacktail tag filled

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LOL
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by wageslave

17? Holy spit, times flies.

I smoked a pig in Texas once. Did not taste good. She was a fattie......and ugly.

Miss you.

Flies indeed! Lots a variety where I was, most of a spicy pepper persuasion

Originally Posted by New_2_99s

Damn, egg on my face I missed that whole thread in my perusal last year. Good times. smile

Originally Posted by mmgravy
Thanks for the update!!

Look forward to seeing photos.....

The fast twist Swift worked out very, very well. Sure kills shidt....

Dude, they're magical.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
One bear so far and my blacktail tag filled

Nice critters.

Still no joy 'round here yet. Did follow some black bear sign while poking around in a new area today. Big damned grizzly tracks where I was going to start the day

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I may have missed it, but what do you have tags for?

My only Montana hunting was as camp cook, deer rattler, grouse shooter guy while friends hunted deer and elk near Libby. Nice that you can hunt the two at the same time, vs. Oregon where deer and elk have their own season, to eliminate the party hunting the old loggers did so much of a few decades ago. Everyone kept hunting till all the tags in camp were filled. Or a party would get one or two elk tags and everyone would hunt deer but would shoot an elk if they saw one and punch a camp tag. Friggen outlaws ruined it for all of us for life. Would love to take one vacation a year and hunt everything.

LOL
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I don't post much here anymore, but one of the things I miss about this place before it went off the rails was the threads dedicated to simply pics and stories of how guys' season went. I can't remember how they were titled, but I remember there were threads that were kind of a catchall for how the season went for everybody. Would be neat if we could do it again.

Our rifle season opens up here in a few days, pretty stoked. I haven't tagged out on anything the last couple years, been too picky but my son has done ok. This year I'm not being so picky. smile

Good post, I wish there were more like this, sometimes it is difficult to find much on hunting& shooting here.
My season has been so interrupted by health stuff and I live at the doorstep of the west slope. I haven't found much that interested me, so have passed on smaller rams, I have a mountain goat tag in my pocket, hope I can get out. Sheep season is over, elk too. Everything else is on. NW Montana, not far from us in SE BC.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not my biggest critters, but I'll take them without complaint.

NoDak pheasants next week, then Montana deer after that.

Good luck up there Gruff. That NW Montana country is tough hunting.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
169 members (257robertsimp, 12344mag, 160user, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 14 invisible), 1,832 guests, and 850 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,783
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.