Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
https://thewashingtonsentinel.com/k...ated-when-someone-claims-he-made-threat/

On September 20, the 84-year-old school crossing guard who had a career in law enforcement and fought in the Korean War was overheard in a restaurant by a nosy waitress who claimed Nichols “made a threat” to a school.

This ignorant woman reported Nichols to the police. The police then immediately swept in, arrested the man, took away all his personal firearms, and then got him fired by the school he was working for.

It was ultimately determined that the nosy waitress misheard what Nichols said and he was released, and the school reversed its firing on October 11. However, he was not allowed to have his personal property back despite being guilty until proven innocent.

So, what happened?

A waitress at Linda Jean’s Restaurant in Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts, “thought” she heard Nichols threaten to shoot up the school he worked for, according to the Martha’s Vineyard Times.

What police determined was that while sitting with a friend in the restaurant, Nichols had said that his school’s resource officer (a security guard) often leaves his post and that someone could shoot up the school when he was absent. Nichols was not saying HE wanted to shoot up the school. He was saying that the security guard’s absence might beg someone to perpetrate such a crime.

In other words, no threat at all was made.

Yet, police swept in and deprived Mr. Nichols of his freedom, his property, his rights, and even his employment. All without any trials or investigations.

Note what happened here:

1). An American citizen was falsely accused.

2). He was incarcerated, had his home raided, had his personal property summarily confiscated, and he lost his job. All BEFORE any trials or investigations were conducted.

3). Only AFTER all this was he proven innocent.

4). And yet, the government still kept his property and demanded it be sold away from him!

Mr. Nichols was guilty until proven innocent and still had his rights violated.

THIS IS NOT AMERICA!

This is why “red flag” laws are dangerous, and un-American.

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He was incarcerated, had his home raided, had his personal property summarily confiscated, and he lost his job.

That'll teach him.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
He also did not have his guns returned after all was said and done. The state kept them.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sounds like time for a Pro Bono Lawyer and a couple of lawsuits.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
He also did not have his guns returned after all was said and done. The state kept them.

It could happen

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
In several states it does indeed. Be thankful your not living in one of them. Say a pray for those of us that do.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I wish the Supremes would scotch these laws.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Coming to Colorado thanks to democrats 1-1-2020.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 10/24/19.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Actually, his firearms were returned... he also got his job back with the city as a Cross walk guard...

The gentleman in question was not only a Korean War Vet, but was also a retired police officer...

The local DA was not going to press any charges and the vet was not going to pursue any legal action against the Police Dept or the Police Chief....

a lot of social media attention and people writing to the Police Dept and Chief and the city got things reversed in short order..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire

Actually, his firearms were returned... he also got his job back with the city as a Cross walk guard...

I hope you're right. The article is the only info I've read on the incident and it was pretty recent, IIRC. It said or implied in two places that the police hadn't returned his weapons. Maybe they have since the article came out. It DID say everything else was "made right". Of course, it was all illegal in the first place due to the multiple violations of the Constitution most Red Flag laws are guilty of.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ethan, it was in Massachsetts.. and the Police Chief is a left wing looney tune...

it was either on the camfpire here or on Facebook, that I read a follow up article that everything had been restored, even his firearms, which was not a large collection of them....the local DA's office got involved, due to the attention on the Internet and letters sent into the town's governmental offices...

I am sure this was motivated by the Chief trying to get some media attention for himself, by being one of the first to be a big hero to the Anti Gun crowd.... it backfired...but considering where it is, in the long run I am sure he'll keep his job...and this will quickly be swept under the rug...his chosen target was just a poor choice on his part....

typical leftist, jumping before they think....trying to be first...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The Sheriff stepped way over the line on this one and should be jailed himself. The oldman should sue but he won't he's an oldman that just wanted his job back.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Of course, it was all illegal in the first place due to the multiple violations of the Constitution most Red Flag laws are guilty of.
Well, yeah, that that's mere trifles when it comes to the damned Dems...

And the SCOTUS better get on the stick and overturn these totally illegal/unconstitutional laws pronto...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Wow! Pretty easy to lose your basic, guaranteed, rights now, even that of security in your home against unreasonable search and seizure. Just because some random person thought they heard something. I never thought that in my lifetime we'd stray this far from our Constitutionally guaranteed fundamental rights. Worse yet, during a Republican presidency. So which party do you vote for to stop it? Democrats? Even worse. We're in a mess of trouble.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Wow! Pretty easy to lose your basic, guaranteed, rights now, even that of security in your home against unreasonable search and seizure. Just because some random person thought they heard something. I never thought that in my lifetime we'd stray this far from our Constitutionally guaranteed fundamental rights. Worse yet, during a Republican presidency. So which party do you vote for to stop it? Democrats? Even worse. We're in a mess of trouble.

You hit the nail on the head.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’m glad he got them back!!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hanco

Damage was already done on the day they took them.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by hanco

Damage was already done on the day they took them.
Yes.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Just remember, it's all for the chillens.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Just remember, it's all for the chillens.

That's right. All the legal traditions that made us a great nation must be abandoned if it can save a single child.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,940 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,354
Posts18,468,882
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.