J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by jaguartx
For the Texicans on here, is McAllen considered E Texas?

No, it's part of Northern Mexico. It used to be in deep South Texas.

Just curious, as I haven't spent much time in your state. But recently was a guest of that fine city for a good while. Wasn't sure where the dividing lines are.

If you look at a map it will be quite obvious that's as far South as you can go in TX without being in MX. Might as well be MX though, as I hate the place. Toledo Bend Reservoir is as far East as you can go in TX, and I love that place.

Last edited by JGRaider; 10/23/19.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Just curious, as I haven't spent much time in your state. But recently was a guest of that fine city for a good while. Wasn't sure where the dividing lines are.

If you look at a map it will be quite obvious that's as far South as you can go in TX without being in MX. Might as well be MX though, as I hate the place. Toledo Bend Reservoir is as far East as you can go in TX, and I love that place.

I thought Texarkana was as far East as I could go!😀

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by sharpsguy
I see a lot of jealousy here---

This^^^^.

Huh?

What are people in E Texas jealous of?

Nothing. Ne was talking about here on the fire. It's a frequent daily occurrence some are too dense to notice. wink

Oh.

Yeah, LOTS of jealousy on this thread. Lol.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Not to far form McAllen is Falcon lake, my favorite place to visit in Texas. East Texas has some beautiful country and nice people but like anywhere else it has some bad apples also.

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider
If'n ya wanna eat, you'll hafta catch yer own damned possum.

yes, Roscoe!

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I always considered the Trinity river as the border of East Texas. Yes there is some backwoods folks that inhabit the area. And there is also a lot meth made in the pineywoods but there is also a lot of down home good country folks there too. A lot of city folks retiring and moving here and driving up land prices. I work for the REA and between the two lots,I’ll take the backwoods people all day,everyday compared to the city folks moving in.

Hutch

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

This^^^^.

I ain’t jealous. I’ve visited tx and enjoyed it. Can’t see my ass living there (yet) what with 13 months of summer and stuff.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
A
5 generations of East Texas mainly Lufkin area. It is different place. There are 10 per cent that knew in the womb they would never live there when grown and 90 per cent that would
never leave. I was of the 10 per cent that could not stay, however now living in Katy Texas and it is just as closely knit as any small town in East Texas but I am Texan forever.

There is nothing prettier than East Texas in the Spring and not worse than East Texas in August. But it was a great place to grow up in 50's and 60's just cannot go back.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Hutch
I always considered the Trinity river as the border of East Texas. Yes there is some backwoods folks that inhabit the area. And there is also a lot meth made in the pineywoods but there is also a lot of down home good country folks there too. A lot of city folks retiring and moving here and driving up land prices. I work for the REA and between the two lots,I’ll take the backwoods people all day,everyday compared to the city folks moving in.

Hutch

So is Crockett East Texas? I've seen some huge gar rolling in the Trinity... Iove it out there. Heading to West Tx in February if things go right.

Last edited by jackmountain; 10/23/19.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hutch

Hutch

Amen.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Yea Crockett is on the western edge. And there is huge gar in the Trinity!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
World record Gar was from the Trinity River for many years. Dunno if that one is current or not.

Z
Z
I like the piney woods but hate @#$%##@ TICKS!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Like somebody already said "East Texas" is a big place. My part of East Texas is between the Angolina and Sabine River. This was considered "no man's land" prior to the domestication of Mexico and the Louisiana Purchase. The people who landed here (settled would be an exaggeration) were either tough as hell, badasses or stupid.
I won't get into the weeds about that, but it was unusual for a male to die from natural causes.

Obviously, it's different now. The Government seized a lot of our land to make Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend lakes and people from all over the world started wanting a piece of the country's best bass lakes.

Now we just whistle Dixie and watch the world go to Hell.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The ticks ain’t near as bad now as they were when I was a kid.When the fire ants moved in,it cleaned a lot of them out. I wish something would clean out the chiggers!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have family in Carthage and in Rosevine (near San Augustine). I always love going back to visit but them damn pine trees make me glad I'm in South Texas. eek

BP...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
World record Gar was from the Trinity River for many years. Dunno if that one is current or not.

Gar generally do not prefer current.......laugh

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Like a few have said, you gotta specify.
There’s south east TX, north east TX, deep east TX and the rest of east TX.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I've been in east Texas many years ago. We have several members from the area, care to share thoughts on East Texas?
Lots of territory to cover. Depends on where you're talking about. Lots of people think anything east of Dallas is "East Texas". Big difference between Paris and Hemphill. Big difference between Houston and Texarkana.

Ask me what I think of Iowa.

What do you think of Iowa?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ya'll neglecting to mention Nakedroaches, Tx. East Texas wouldn't be "East Texas" without Nakedroaches.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 47 invisible), 2,435 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,499
Posts18,452,455
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.